COULD SOMEONE TELL ME THE PLAYOFF SENERIO IN REGION 5A

whitehousefan

I believe he was talking about Region 5-1A and the reason relates to White House-Heritage.

Region 4-3A's playoff berth will likely come down to the Greenbrier at Macon Co. game in two weeks like you said. With a win the Bobcats are in without question. They could secure a spot in the postseason this week if Greenbrier beats Pearl Cohn & Macon loses at Sycamore.

If the playoffs started today it would be:

1. Jo Byrns

2. cascade

3. WHH

4. McEwen

It's hard to say how it will end up because of the remaining schedules

JB: WHH, cascade, & McEwen

cascade: NC, JB, & WHH

WHH: JB, MTCS, & cascade

McEwen: E'ville, NC, & JB

Forrest: CA, Comm., & MTCS

NC: cascade, McEwen, & CA

If the "favorites" were to win the rest of the games it would end up

1. JB/cascade (10-0)

2. JB/cascade (9-1)

Then a three-way tie between WHH, McEwen, & Forrest @ 7-3. The tie breakers are as follows:

1. one of the tied teams has beaten all others (can't happen since WHH beat McEwen, Forrest beat WHH and McEwen beat Forrest)

2. Greatest number of victories (tied)

3. The team who has the most victories over teams winning 50% or more of their games (can't happen since their only uncommon opponents are sub .500 teams)

4. Team whose opponents have received the most victories (is same for all teams except the 1 non-region game; Forrest played Riverside Christian and WHH & McEwen both played Houston Co. both teams only have 1 win each right now so it would go to the next tie breaker)

5. Team whose opponents have received fewer defeats (Forrest would take the 3rd spot here since Riverside Christian is 1-4 compared to Houston Co.'s 1-6 record; the tiebreaker would start all over and WHH would take the 4th spot since they beat McEwen)

6. Team who has the most victories over teams in its own class

7. Ten yard line overtime procedure @ neutral site on Monday night @ 7:30 P.M.

That's how I see it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong; I'm not 100% sure of Riverside Christians record but from what I can find they are 1-4.

1. Jo Byrns

2. cascade

3. WHH

4. McEwen

1. JB/cascade (10-0)

2. JB/cascade (9-1)

Then a three-way tie between WHH, McEwen, & Forrest @ 7-3. The tie breakers are as follows:

1. one of the tied teams has beaten all others (can't happen since WHH beat McEwen, Forrest beat WHH and McEwen beat Forrest)

3. The team who has the most victories over teams winning 50% or more of their games (can't happen since their only uncommon opponents are sub .500 teams)

4. Team whose opponents have received the most victories (is same for all teams except the 1 non-region game; Forrest played Riverside Christian and WHH & McEwen both played Houston Co. both teams only have 1 win each right now so it would go to the next tie breaker)

5. Team whose opponents have received fewer defeats (Forrest would take the 3rd spot here since Riverside Christian is 1-4 compared to Houston Co.'s 1-6 record; the tiebreaker would start all over and WHH would take the 4th spot since they beat McEwen)

That's how I see it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong; I'm not 100% sure of Riverside Christians record but from what I can find they are 1-4.

I had all this info layed out in the 1A playoff thread I started. The only problem is that Riverside is in an independent conference and not affiliated with TSSAA, so I don't know how their wins and loses will be viewed as far as tie-breaker scenerio's go.

Oh, also, welcome back Moto........ /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

1. Jo Byrns

2. cascade

3. WHH

4. McEwen

1. JB/cascade (10-0)

2. JB/cascade (9-1)

I think forrest will get knocked out like richland did last year in 2a because the game against riverside christian will not count in the tie breaker because they are not TSSAA and then it will go back to the top for seeding between WHH and Mcewen

I had all this info layed out in the 1A playoff thread I started. The only problem is that Riverside is in an independent conference and not affiliated with TSSAA, so I don't know how their wins and loses will be viewed as far as tie-breaker scenerio's go.

Oh, also, welcome back Moto........ /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I wish I would have seen your post before I went through all that. Oh well, my first time back. And I'm not sure how Riverside factors in either. The TSSAA says that "Any team ineligible to participate in the play-off series will not figure in a tie for a region championship" but it doesn't say anything about 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. I would think the same rules apply but you never know. So if Riverside doesn't factor in Forrest would be 6-3 and WHH takes 3rd and McEwen 4th ?

I think forrest will get knocked out like richland did last year in 2a because the game against riverside christian will not count in the tie breaker because they are not TSSAA and then it will go back to the top for seeding between WHH and Mcewen

Once Forrest got knocked out of the three way tie breaker, then would it revert back to head to head to determine the winner, or would you proceed down the list until you reached the "line em up on the 10 yard line" part of the tie-breaker? If it reverts back to head to head, then WHH would get third and McEwen would get 4th because of their Head to Head win over Forrest.

If McEwen and WHH had to play it out from the 10 yard line for third then a McEwen win would result in:

3rd seed- McEwen

4th seed- Forrest

A 10 yard line victory by WHH would result in:

3rd seed- WHH

4th seed- McEwen

Everything is going to hinge on that Riverside game's status.