Sullivan South Vs. Sullivan North.

pumpkinhead1989

Hey Comp, Volman, etc, /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I visited Death Valley again this past Friday as another local team was traveling a bit, and can say it sure seems the Rebels are clicking on all cylinders. I do have a couple of questions for you all who seem to be in the know better than I, on the South team. If (and not assuming anything, North fans) you get a big lead this week vs North do you see the game playing out the same as against East? Let me explain a bit. Anyone who has played the game knows that you cannot take your starters completely out in the first half, which South doesn't and shouldn't do, and expect it not to bite you later in the season when the playoffs start, but it seems to me that Jeffers is still not getting enought snaps. The lead was 43 this past week when Jeffers came in. I just think that some very talented players are standing on the sidelines, and only get to come into the game when the only two plays being ran are dive left and dive right. This is great in getting B. Taylor and Williams some good playing time, but does nothing for Jeffers, Zanoni, Ervin, Logue, Watterson, Fuller, Neeley, Hicks, Long, St.Clair, etc. Your All-everything QB and your going-both-ways linemen and going-both-ways WR/DBs were still in at a 43 point lead. Don't misunderstand, anyone who was there could tell you that South was not running it up even though it ended at 56-6. Could have been worse. Two more rushing TDs were called back as I remember as well. Just wondering your opinions. Seems to me that you could take a few of these younger guys and rotate them in throughout the game to keep the starters fresh. I don't know how some of the starters maintain the level they do for the entire game without breaks. Especially guys like Fletcher who has an incredibly high motor. Wide freakin' open. (Well, yes I actually do know. South is in shape)

I'd like see B.Taylor carry people down the field and break tackles. Bobby will be the #2 guy next season behind Fletcher as Shanks will graduate. I'd like to see Ervin, Hicks and company get a shot to fight in the trenches. I'd like to see Watterson turn on the jets and go long. I'd liketo see Neeley plugging the middle. I'd like to see Logue and Ervin blocking their butts off. I'd like to see Zanoni pick off another pass or two. BUT, BUT, the main purpose right now would be to spell the starters to allow them 100% effort every down and keep them healthy and cramp free. The time may come later in the year when it might have been good to do this. Am I out of touch /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> or would this be benificial?

(By the way, I bought a program Friday, so I'm dangerous now, putting numbers to faces and to names!)

I realize that a good portion of the South related threads are about promoting playing time, touches, and recognition of certain players (besides the routine Curt Phillips discussion). After watching the CMS replay and the Stacy Carter Show I am in agreement that #2 at RB should be getting more action. I ;thought I heard Coach Carter say that Taylor had a record for TDs in JV. Why isn't this kid getting more action? He is a North - South runner. And I don't mean the Mason Dixon bowl.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself have seen enough footage now to know that while South does have weaknesses, they have the potential to be VERY dangerous as a team if necessary. #15 comes to mind…Campusatman was right, he is good! I’m partial to any player that plays with conviction the way he does. And when you add talent and ability to that equation it makes him more of a factor (the screen pass in the Central game is highlight film material) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . Not sure how fast he is but he has skills. I think another factor in all of this is the fact that South truly hasn’t had to utilize any of its other weapons since the wakeup call in Greeneville. Their opponents since then have almost been like sparing partners giving the reining Champs a workout before the real fight (real fight meaning the playoffs). If I where Coach Carter it would be real hard for me not to look past some of these teams and “battle test” strategies and players for future opponents; and even secretly take a look at next years core (maybe late in the game). I bet you thought I was referring to the Vikings when I said “real fight”. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Don’t get me wrong…we are still comin after our conference trophy, but I respectfully realize that with the confidence and momentum that South is playing with right now, they are a TALL drink of water for anybody in this region this year (and that includes DB). /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

One of the greatest set up posts I have every read.

I am not positive on what number he was wearing, so I don't want to make a guess.

#21 Landon Bedford. According to Dr. Phillips (Curt's dad) last night, he appeared to have some compression and bruising of his cervical spine. He had movement, but was experiencing sharp, severe pain, indicative of injury. Therefore, even though they thought he would be okay, they were going to treat it as an injury just to be safe.