Sullivan South Vs. Sullivan North.

pumpkinhead1989

Hey Comp, Volman, etc, /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I visited Death Valley again this past Friday as another local team was traveling a bit, and can say it sure seems the Rebels are clicking on all cylinders. I do have a couple of questions for you all who seem to be in the know better than I, on the South team. If (and not assuming anything, North fans) you get a big lead this week vs North do you see the game playing out the same as against East? Let me explain a bit. Anyone who has played the game knows that you cannot take your starters completely out in the first half, which South doesn't and shouldn't do, and expect it not to bite you later in the season when the playoffs start, but it seems to me that Jeffers is still not getting enought snaps. The lead was 43 this past week when Jeffers came in. I just think that some very talented players are standing on the sidelines, and only get to come into the game when the only two plays being ran are dive left and dive right. This is great in getting B. Taylor and Williams some good playing time, but does nothing for Jeffers, Zanoni, Ervin, Logue, Watterson, Fuller, Neeley, Hicks, Long, St.Clair, etc. Your All-everything QB and your going-both-ways linemen and going-both-ways WR/DBs were still in at a 43 point lead. Don't misunderstand, anyone who was there could tell you that South was not running it up even though it ended at 56-6. Could have been worse. Two more rushing TDs were called back as I remember as well. Just wondering your opinions. Seems to me that you could take a few of these younger guys and rotate them in throughout the game to keep the starters fresh. I don't know how some of the starters maintain the level they do for the entire game without breaks. Especially guys like Fletcher who has an incredibly high motor. Wide freakin' open. (Well, yes I actually do know. South is in shape)

I'd like see B.Taylor carry people down the field and break tackles. Bobby will be the #2 guy next season behind Fletcher as Shanks will graduate. I'd like to see Ervin, Hicks and company get a shot to fight in the trenches. I'd like to see Watterson turn on the jets and go long. I'd liketo see Neeley plugging the middle. I'd like to see Logue and Ervin blocking their butts off. I'd like to see Zanoni pick off another pass or two. BUT, BUT, the main purpose right now would be to spell the starters to allow them 100% effort every down and keep them healthy and cramp free. The time may come later in the year when it might have been good to do this. Am I out of touch /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> or would this be benificial?

(By the way, I bought a program Friday, so I'm dangerous now, putting numbers to faces and to names!)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although North is 2-5, I think Coach Wampler has done a good job with minimal resources. He has downgraded the schedule a bit to bolster the overall W-L possibilities, sticks to a physical running game which matches with the normal strengths of his talent pool, and built a pretty good 8th grade program even though he has to bus 7th graders from Ketron for practice. His staff seems enthusiastic and solid, the community is behind him, and they battled THS very hard. They simply don't have the numbers to be a regular playoff contender in R-I 4A but they certainly play hard and get the most out of their talent.

Coach Wampler is in his second year at THS. Robbie Norris is now in his second year at North.

Hey Comp, Volman, etc, /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I visited Death Valley again this past Friday as another local team was traveling a bit, and can say it sure seems the Rebels are clicking on all cylinders. I do have a couple of questions for you all who seem to be in the know better than I, on the South team. If (and not assuming anything, North fans) you get a big lead this week vs North do you see the game playing out the same as against East? Let me explain a bit. Anyone who has played the game knows that you cannot take your starters completely out in the first half, which South doesn't and shouldn't do, and expect it not to bite you later in the season when the playoffs start, but it seems to me that Jeffers is still not getting enought snaps. The lead was 43 this past week when Jeffers came in. I just think that some very talented players are standing on the sidelines, and only get to come into the game when the only two plays being ran are dive left and dive right. This is great in getting B. Taylor and Williams some good playing time, but does nothing for Jeffers, Zanoni, Ervin, Logue, Watterson, Fuller, Neeley, Hicks, Long, St.Clair, etc. Your All-everything QB and your going-both-ways linemen and going-both-ways WR/DBs were still in at a 43 point lead. Don't misunderstand, anyone who was there could tell you that South was not running it up even though it ended at 56-6. Could have been worse. Two more rushing TDs were called back as I remember as well. Just wondering your opinions. Seems to me that you could take a few of these younger guys and rotate them in throughout the game to keep the starters fresh. I don't know how some of the starters maintain the level they do for the entire game without breaks. Especially guys like Fletcher who has an incredibly high motor. Wide freakin' open. (Well, yes I actually do know. South is in shape)

I'd like see B.Taylor carry people down the field and break tackles. Bobby will be the #2 guy next season behind Fletcher as Shanks will graduate. I'd like to see Ervin, Hicks and company get a shot to fight in the trenches. I'd like to see Watterson turn on the jets and go long. I'd liketo see Neeley plugging the middle. I'd like to see Logue and Ervin blocking their butts off. I'd like to see Zanoni pick off another pass or two. BUT, BUT, the main purpose right now would be to spell the starters to allow them 100% effort every down and keep them healthy and cramp free. The time may come later in the year when it might have been good to do this. Am I out of touch /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> or would this be benificial?

(By the way, I bought a program Friday, so I'm dangerous now, putting numbers to faces and to names!)

Pudding...it is interesting to have a reporter who is not necessasarily a supporter give a breakdown of his point of view from a somewhat neutral standpoint.

That said, I am studying Stacy Carters method. There have been a couple of things he has done that were very questionable in regard to orthodox decision making. And these things I speak of have resulted in unwavering success. And now instead to critique his style I am quietly watching to try and understand his directive. In all honesty, I believe he has a master plan with a timetable of execution. And if patient, we will see some unorthodox (or so based on his historical battle plan) methodology to his offensive schemes and playcalling as we get into the playoffs. I actually think Nov. 2nd to be the release of the "Cracken" so to speak. Be this a result of pressure or a directive of pressure I am not sure. I am sure however that he sees the light at the end of the tunnel and realizes he must utilize every weapon he has at his disposal in order to succeed. Is this an explanation for not giving field time to many who could benefit the team in situations of duress? Maybe. Most of my aquaintances from other systems are extremely critical of his method. Exclaiming dissatisfaction in the way he uses his inventory. Much in the same breath as you have questioned here. I can't answer you. I only can say that I feel something is on the horizon and I must be patient to see. You will say...boy does he have you fooled! And possibly so...however, if it does come together as I have speculated...well then...hats off. And a new tradition is born. Rebel Nation.

I myself have seen enough footage now to know that while South does have weaknesses, they have the potential to be VERY dangerous as a team if necessary. #15 comes to mind…Campusatman was right, he is good! I’m partial to any player that plays with conviction the way he does. And when you add talent and ability to that equation it makes him more of a factor (the screen pass in the Central game is highlight film material) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . Not sure how fast he is but he has skills. I think another factor in all of this is the fact that South truly hasn’t had to utilize any of its other weapons since the wakeup call in Greeneville. Their opponents since then have almost been like sparing partners giving the reining Champs a workout before the real fight (real fight meaning the playoffs). If I where Coach Carter it would be real hard for me not to look past some of these teams and “battle test” strategies and players for future opponents; and even secretly take a look at next years core (maybe late in the game). I bet you thought I was referring to the Vikings when I said “real fight”. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Don’t get me wrong…we are still comin after our conference trophy, but I respectfully realize that with the confidence and momentum that South is playing with right now, they are a TALL drink of water for anybody in this region this year (and that includes DB). /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

REBEL STATS

RUSHING IS LOOKING GREAT YARDS PER CARRY WISE.

PLAYER ATT

Curt Phillips 88 CARRIES FOR 8.6 YDS PER CARRY

762 YDS

Taylor Fletcher 61 CARRIES FOR 6.2 YDS PER CARRY

380 YDS

Brad Shanks 41 CARRIES FOR 6.5 YDS PER CARRY

268 YDS

Bobby Taylor 15 CARRIES FOR 5.4 YDS PER CARRY

82 YDS

I myself have seen enough footage now to know that while South does have weaknesses, they have the potential to be VERY dangerous as a team if necessary. #15 comes to mind…Campusatman was right, he is good! I’m partial to any player that plays with conviction the way he does. And when you add talent and ability to that equation it makes him more of a factor (the screen pass in the Central game is highlight film material) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . Not sure how fast he is but he has skills. I think another factor in all of this is the fact that South truly hasn’t had to utilize any of its other weapons since the wakeup call in Greeneville. Their opponents since then have almost been like sparing partners giving the reining Champs a workout before the real fight (real fight meaning the playoffs). If I where Coach Carter it would be real hard for me not to look past some of these teams and “battle test” strategies and players for future opponents; and even secretly take a look at next years core (maybe late in the game). I bet you thought I was referring to the Vikings when I said “real fight”. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Don’t get me wrong…we are still comin after our conference trophy, but I respectfully realize that with the confidence and momentum that South is playing with right now, they are a TALL drink of water for anybody in this region this year (and that includes DB). /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I must say that Sullivan North plays way above the sum of their parts and back in the day Ketron HS was a force to be reckoned with in NET football. "Ozzie" Osborne, early 70's QB comes to mind. He could not be tackled...I tried to no avail. He could throw the ball as far as Curt and ran the Vier with aplomb.

Many of North's leaders are but offspring from the remnant of those parents. The few that stayed "at home" in the community they grew up in. That "remnant" has the "Hades to Pay" attitude that the North football team posesses. They will play Friday night with this attitude and bring their best against South's offensive machine never fearing defeat. Curt will endure the physical game he has yet to see and all the Rebels are ready and attuned to this fact. Sullivan North understand that we feel the respect for you that you deserve and will play accordingly. This will be a fine game.

Cap...make no mistake, The Rebels are well aware of the Vikings abilities expecially at this point in the game. And all can testify that after that game both regiments will be blood tested for what follows.

As far as Fletcher is concerned...he woke up and just in time. Now if we can just get a touch or two to #44 we will start to rock steady.

I must say that Sullivan North plays way above the sum of their parts and back in the day Ketron HS was a force to be reckoned with in NET football. "Ozzie" Osborne, early 70's QB comes to mind. He could not be tackled...I tried to no avail. He could throw the ball as far as Curt and ran the Vier with aplomb.

Many of North's leaders are but offspring from the remnant of those parents. The few that stayed "at home" in the community they grew up in. That "remnant" has the "Hades to Pay" attitude that the North football team posesses. They will play Friday night with this attitude and bring their best against South's offensive machine never fearing defeat. Curt will endure the physical game he has yet to see and all the Rebels are ready and attuned to this fact. Sullivan North understand that we feel the respect for you that you deserve and will play accordingly. This will be a fine game.

Cap...make no mistake, The Rebels are well aware of the Vikings abilities expecially at this point in the game. And all can testify that after that game both regiments will be blood tested for what follows.

As far as Fletcher is concerned...he woke up and just in time. Now if we can just get a touch or two to #44 we will start to rock steady.

Crockett got their only win aganist North 28 to 06 and Sulivan East beat them 49 to 20 , this diatribe sounds like they are a juggernaut /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Funny...Now where have I heard that before.....hmmm...oh yes that was the same talk we heard before 8/24/06 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Crockett got their only win aganist North 28 to 06 and Sulivan East beat them 49 to 20 , this diatribe sounds like they are a juggernaut /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It's a long season. North seems to have ironed a lot of their early wrinkles out. There's a reason they are among the conference's bests in rushing.