Elizabethton vs. Tenn HIgh

couch qb

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as has been seen throughout the season this may not be a banner year for the cyclones. Elizabethton's stengths don't seem to conducive to coming from behind in games. it was a close game through the first half and the offense moved the ball well. the second half they seemed to come out in panic mode to catch up. changed the offensive players and started running plays that weren't making the first downs like in the first half. the defense then spent more time on the field and wore down. great job THS. again it seemed for the cyclones to win everything was going to have to go their way. when it didn't they didn't play to their stengths and the beating was bad. the kickoff blunder is one i've never seen before. the kids came out to play and started good. witten did keep coaching throughout the game, just not sure i agree with everything he did. i hope he isn't putting the blame for this one all on the kids. there is plenty to share.

GO CYCLONES

The biggest job Coach Witten has to deal with is rebuilding the 'heart' of the Cyclones. It was PREVIOUSLY ripped out! The changing of the mindsets will take a few classes and it has to start early if allowed by the 'owners' of the school system. The feeder systems are in place and give TAD some seasoned ballplayers. I'm not sure how things are at TAD this season but in the past it was like taking a step backwards for the players before going to high school. They were under-coached on the football field leading to immediate problems upon their move to Jason Witten Way. Hopefully that has been corrected and Coach Witten has a say as to the schemes and coaching on the middle school sidelines. There has to be continuity thru the school F-Ball program. That has to be the start and its not hard to figure how long it will take for true change to come about given leadership on the TAD & HS sidelines. It is going to be a long process and it can't be laid on anyone but the past leadership not pushing the kids to excell but allowing them to accept failure just as they did. Not acceptable!

Hang tough Shawn Witten and as always..........

GO CYCLONES!!

THS came to play and kick butt. This game was over when THS went 98 yards and took

9 to 10 min. on ther first drive. The game turned on that drive not one play. The score

was only 6-0, but the VIKS were in control. After E had a decent drive no points. The but

wupping was on. 410 yards to 105 yards. This may have been the worst THS lose in school

history. GLEE is right about heart, that is on PLESS's head it will take along time to get

that back. But the problem in the future will be are the players there. I hope he can get

these kids in other sports, and in the weight room. These kids will not hit. That can not be

taught. The fullback position is a huge problem, hope that will be fixed. Linebackers are

a huge problem. D-line does not exist. As Lee said and the heart is gone. On top of this

the men that destroyed things have been rewarded in our system and promoted to bigger

and better jobs.

Go Cyclones play for your pride in your team and yourself.

Fourth straight visit in a row to Brown Childress Stadium that the Vikings have posted an impressive showing! The Vikings obviously put in good work this past week on the practice field. Great execution on the offensive side of the ball! And once again a great defensive showing. A little shaky to start with but when it came time to dig in, Bible and the boys broke out the shovels! If there was a down side to the game for the Vikings it had to be the protection on the punting and extra point teams, but that is probably an easy fix. All and all, Stubbs and crew has shaped this team into what we expect out of a Tennessee High Viking squad on both sides of the ball. It looks like next week Central will be the first to taste the wrath of the newly found "one two punch" (Baker and Shephard)!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The biggest job Coach Witten has to deal with is rebuilding the 'heart' of the Cyclones. It was PREVIOUSLY ripped out! The changing of the mindsets will take a few classes and it has to start early if allowed by the 'owners' of the school system. The feeder systems are in place and give TAD some seasoned ballplayers. I'm not sure how things are at TAD this season but in the past it was like taking a step backwards for the players before going to high school. They were under-coached on the football field leading to immediate problems upon their move to Jason Witten Way. Hopefully that has been corrected and Coach Witten has a say as to the schemes and coaching on the middle school sidelines. There has to be continuity thru the school F-Ball program. That has to be the start and its not hard to figure how long it will take for true change to come about given leadership on the TAD & HS sidelines. It is going to be a long process and it can't be laid on anyone but the past leadership not pushing the kids to excell but allowing them to accept failure just as they did. Not acceptable!

Hang tough Shawn Witten and as always..........

GO CYCLONES!!

I have a cousin that played on the 7th grade team at TAD this past season and from his input and their record I believe the football program is still in the same condition at TAD. Coach Witten will have to impliment the EHS off/def at TAD soon in order to get things turned around in E-town. Best of luck to the cycclones.

Fourth straight visit in a row to Brown Childress Stadium that the Vikings have posted an impressive showing! The Vikings obviously put in good work this past week on the practice field. Great execution on the offensive side of the ball! And once again a great defensive showing. A little shaky to start with but when it came time to dig in, Bible and the boys broke out the shovels! If there was a down side to the game for the Vikings it had to be the protection on the punting and extra point teams, but that is probably an easy fix. All and all, Stubbs and crew has shaped this team into what we expect out of a Tennessee High Viking squad on both sides of the ball. It looks like next week Central will be the first to taste the wrath of the newly found "one two punch" (Baker and Shephard)!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That will be tough to stop /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ...I wonder if he will put in a split back pro set just for that reason..now that would be tough to defend, kinda of back in the day but still... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Great Post cap,

Oh yea #5 made a great catch on the T.D. before the half,and a nice throw from Mason. Mason and Turnbull did a great job faking the reverse also on that play.

But back to your comment about the one two punch, The breakout of Shephard will make Baker that much more better. This will give Jeff the opportunity to rest on offense since he is such an important ingredient on our defense. Then his legs will be fresher when he does get to run the ball. Also I hope he has seen how Shephard hits the holes and is able to run through tackles and learns that with his size and strength he should be doing the same thing Instead of dancing through the line. Pendleton also hits it up in the hole pretty good.

Vikings keep getting better and lets see what happens.

Might be a little to early to be talking about this but, in my own opinion, I believe that the THS vs. South game is going to the be game of the season in Northeast Tennessee. I believe the way THS is playing that they have a good shot at taking down Phillips and the Rebels. I know its going to be tough but they have all of the ingredients. Looking forward to a showdown!!

Might be a little to early to be talking about this but, in my own opinion, I believe that the THS vs. South game is going to the be game of the season in Northeast Tennessee. I believe the way THS is playing that they have a good shot at taking down Phillips and the Rebels. I know its going to be tough but they have all of the ingredients. Looking forward to a showdown!!

I disagree THS has had only one real test and thats DB ( they lost ) Phillips and SS should walk all over THS.

Should be a real good game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I disagree THS has had only one real test and thats DB ( they lost ) Phillips and SS should walk all over THS.

Should be a real good game. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

And I disagree with you. South hasnt been really tested themselves. They lost to greenville who isnt as great as people think they might be. South hasnt seen a defense like THS yet. And about the DB game. We beat ourselves. ask anyone. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> . Im picking THS by 3+