Oak Ridge QB

etcoach

I agree, just because I heard more than one person wondering where this D was against Farragut. I sat near some WB people that were on the OR side and it came up more than once during our conversations. While Sterling is really good, Jared is also a terrific back, especially when you consider the beating he takes at 165 lbs. He plays the whole game both ways, except for a couple of spells while on offense late in the game when Sykes comes in.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is this. It seemed like the OR coach just gave up late in the game. 11 points is a lot to be behind, but I've seen some quick turn-arounds. In fact, WB scored late several times last year to beat OR in a stunner. I think there was 1.5 minutes left on the clock when OR got the ball ... why not roll the dice and try for the 8 points and hope to get lucky on an on-side kick and go for 3?

Yeah, ask Buffalo how that worked out against them a couple of weeks ago. 9 points in 20 seconds.

Ole Dad

My question is this. It seemed like the OR coach just gave up late in the game. 11 points is a lot to be behind, but I've seen some quick turn-arounds. In fact, WB scored late several times last year to beat OR in a stunner. I think there was 1.5 minutes left on the clock when OR got the ball ... why not roll the dice and try for the 8 points and hope to get lucky on an on-side kick and go for 3?

William Blounts Defense did come out ready to play but however they could of rolled over and got blowen out when they were down 10-0 in the first quarter. but OR defence was not as strong or as fast they got alot of guys going both ways. that can hurt in the long run but good luck to both teams OR go beat Ooltewah and Farragut.

Does anyone think it is a good idea to not go ahead and pick a quarterback and not have QB Musical Chairs every week? How is anyone going to settle in and gain confidence. It has been at least a full year that these 2 have been rotating in and out.

If neither can out right win the job then it is up to the coach to make the system work.. GQ at Maryville worked a two QB system last year with Hunt and Burnett ... things seemed to be ok, plus if one goes down with an injury you will not have as big of a shock to the rest of the offence....overall I guess you should be happy to have them both...

If neither can out right win the job then it is up to the coach to make the system work.. GQ at Maryville worked a two QB system last year with Hunt and Burnett ... things seemed to be ok, plus if one goes down with an injury you will not have as big of a shock to the rest of the offence....overall I guess you should be happy to have them both...

Actually, I think it was Quarles who said after our scrimmage with them, that if we ever settle on a quarterback we will be more dangerous. Not verbatim, but something of the sort.