Which 5A Region is the best

kickofffootball1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4-5A beats up on each other also! Besides 2-5A in recent years has no state titles! If you do get one this year than you would be the best region this year! We will see in December!

I have to agree with you 4-5A teams are hands down the toughest region in this state.Out of the last 10 yrs the 4-5A region has been putting on the ring.It dosent matter how many teams a region has ranked in the state.What matter is who is getting sized up for that ring ! Riverdale -Smyrna-Wilson Central-Lebanon-Lavernge-Blackman and Siegle ! Who wonts to match up best to best ? Come on now, lets get real !!!!

That was a nice attempt made by On The Ball Magazine, but I'm no where near convinced. They have the best thing going though, so I'll allow then to have the final say. I just don't agree with HOW they come up with their findings. I still and will probably always think that 8-5A is the hardest and if not the hardest ... ONE of the hardest in 5A in Tennessee high school football. That's jsut the way it is. You can think 4-5A is best and those in 2-5A will think theirs is the toughest. 8-5A ... the SEC of high school football.

Question? What region has the most championships then region 4-5A In the past 10 yrs? Thats right say it with me,NONE!!!!! Its not about what you think,Its all about what you know,so if you cant beat em ,join them! Keep your head up 8-5A somebody gotta repesent GO 4-5A !!!!

I have to agree with you 4-5A teams are hands down the toughest region in this state.Out of the last 10 yrs the 4-5A region has been putting on the ring.It dosent matter how many teams a region has ranked in the state.What matter is who is getting sized up for that ring ! Riverdale -Smyrna-Wilson Central-Lebanon-Lavernge-Blackman and Siegle ! Who wonts to match up best to best ? Come on now, lets get real !!!!

wait are we talking about this year or the past years

good call on the defense region 4-5A i am sorry that teams in region 2-5A have great offenses unlike region 4-5A plus who cares about the past anymore. Congrats that Riverdale beat a Wilson Central team. what about Farragut winning agianst ottawah in region 2-5A or WB or McMinn, but that doesnt make you the best in the state and why is everyone talking about December we aint even got to November yet thats when it matters most. Its go big or go home.

edited by zonepirate

coacht gonna get at you for your comment...

2nd to beating maryville, there is nothing more rankin would like to do than to get a win over riverdale, would add to his already extensive resume and have all the bragging points in the world. the thing is is that he knows this in no way would come easy and the warriors have a beyond strong advantage so i doubt he would even try to work and get that scheduled.

if you asked him about a matchup like this, he wont tell you riverdale will win, because a coach will NEVER pick against hisself (any halfway descent one atleast)...he will tell you where the talent lays, and thats with riverdale, which is expected obviously cause its a much bigger school.

really cant understand why you brought up a riverdale/alcoa "hypothetically speaking" matchup into this