Reg 3 AA

mayspeed

I know Meigs won but did they show improvement from last year ?

Sorry, I forgot to mention Meigs. I was empressed how well they played with having a new coach. It was as if Jason was still there with their intensity. They were a lot like Tellico but could not shoot as well. I also see major foul trouble in their future. Shavers plays wide open agressive B-ball but tends to get out of hand from time to time. She and Jordan from Central willl be a great match up. Probably will end up 3rd in D5.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I forgot to mention Meigs. I was empressed how well they played with having a new coach. It was as if Jason was still there with their intensity. They were a lot like Tellico but could not shoot as well. I also see major foul trouble in their future. Shavers plays wide open agressive B-ball but tends to get out of hand from time to time. She and Jordan from Central willl be a great match up. Probably will end up 3rd in D5.

There is one thing you don't have to worry about with the Meigs girls, and that is their intensity. I realistically think they could finish in the top 6 of the district this year, but they are still very young and need to pick it up a lot offensively. Coach Mincey will definately have them ready to play, as did Coach Powell. Last years experience should payoff with a few more W's this season, as 5 freshmen HAD to play significant minutes.

There is one thing you don't have to worry about with the Meigs girls, and that is their intensity. I realistically think they could finish in the top 6 of the district this year, but they are still very young and need to pick it up a lot offensively. Coach Mincey will definately have them ready to play, as did Coach Powell. Last years experience should payoff with a few more W's this season, as 5 freshmen HAD to play significant minutes.

I say watch out for Howard. I saw them play a couple of times last year. They were young, big and they seemed to be pretty good.

Shaver may have to guard Jordan, but you can bet that Jordan won't be guarding Shaver. Shaver may be their best defender, but she's not going to beat anyone with her offense. Jordan will be on the ball handlers. And, first string from Central won't be on the floor for the majority of this game.

Sequatchie - Not enough outside firepower, note enough depth

Polk County - may surprise, better depth than SCHS, have very good point and post player

I would have a difference of opinion here. Sequatchie's depth is their strong suit. And they have several girls that will launch from outside just fine.

Polk didn't look very good when I saw them play last.

Scratch that. Polk looked terrible. Maybe things are different this year.

• 2 months later...

Region will end this way;

McMinn Central - Best starting 5, best depth, best speed

Sequatchie - Not enough outside firepower, note enough depth

Polk County - may surprise, better depth than SCHS, have very good point and post player

There is a really good artical in the Knoxville New Sent. today about Central. Check it out on their web site and go to Prep sports.

Central beat Chattanooga Christian last night. CC played well in the second half. Cut the lead down 5 or 6 at one point. Lambert did not play in the 2nd half and Lee saw limited time. The Chargerettes looked at out of sync without them on the floor for such a long time. Might have been a little tired playing 3 games this week. I think MC is the favorite in the region for sure.

Tyner looks to have picked it up lately, but right now the two predicted district winners still seem like the teams to beat until proven otherwise.

...It's all about how the teams get thru the District...the #1's are almost a lock...the #2's, #3's and #4's will have to battle and in 5-AA (and 6-AA as well) it will be which teams are matched-up in the 1st round of the Region...it should be interesting and it's been quite a while since both #1's have gone undefeated in a season!!!

...Best Wishes to all and I'll see you @ East Ridge!!!