The Watauga Conference

CDHSKNIGHTS34

as far as the league the top three are set with jc,uc and chucky doak. the rest of the league is up for grabs. eliz maybe the most ath. of anybody. sullivan north is also a good team but the most dangerous team maybe south greene! somebody from this league will go to the state and maybe two!

Are you telling me that two Watauga Conference teams, if they make it past region, will beat Fulton or Austin East. I do not claim to know much about the Watauga Conference, but I know about Knoxville basketball. It has been widely known that if you make it out of region, you're going to state because the competition is much stronger in Knoxville than upper east Tn. What was the last team from this conference to go to state? No disrespect intended. There might be a team that will make it, but I really doubt two getting through to the 'Boro.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you telling me that two Watauga Conference teams, if they make it past region, will beat Fulton or Austin East. I do not claim to know much about the Watauga Conference, but I know about Knoxville basketball. It has been widely known that if you make it out of region, you're going to state because the competition is much stronger in Knoxville than upper east Tn. What was the last team from this conference to go to state? No disrespect intended. There might be a team that will make it, but I really doubt two getting through to the 'Boro.

last team from the watauga conference was sullivan central in 2005. they beat alcoa at home. unicoi county lost to austin east at ae.

in 2006 - pigeon forge and south greene both got beat in substate games

in 2007 - pigeon forge lost to ae by 15 at home and unicoi lost to fulton by 12 at fulton.

elizabethton made it in 2003.

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

I never said anything about Hampton being a small 1A school. And I thought that Hampton's enrollment has to increase 20%? Is that correct or not?

The T$$AA realigns every 4 years (1997, 2001, 2005, 2009, 2013, ect.) BUT if halfway through (2 years) if your enrolment has dropped/risen 20%+, and that 20%+ change would put you into a different classifacation, then you change. But at the end of the four year period, you move to the classifacation your enrolment numbers put you in regardless.... When its all said and done, I think Hampton will be 2A in football, and 1A in everything else. Thats the way it should be now. Thats the way it should have been 2001-2005 when they were 2A in everything... At least I think so.

The T$$AA realigns every 4 years (1997, 2001, 2005, 2009, 2013, ect.) BUT if halfway through (2 years) if your enrolment has dropped/risen 20%+, and that 20%+ change would put you into a different classifacation, then you change. But at the end of the four year period, you move to the classifacation your enrolment numbers put you in regardless.... When its all said and done, I think Hampton will be 2A in football, and 1A in everything else. Thats the way it should be now. Thats the way it should have been 2001-2005 when they were 2A in everything... At least I think so.

That makes sense. I wasn't sure about the 20% thing. Since the cutoff is 400 in football, what is the cutoff in basketball?

Hampton will be in 1A for at least 5 more years. Mark my words. And get your facts straight, one tech was on the coach and the other was on the player that cussed the ref. And you seem to forget the BS intentional foul call of Hampton. So don't say that the refs cost JC the game, it just makes you look stupid. It was clear that Hampton was the better team. That is the worst game they have played this year. If they would have played like that against Unicoi or Grace Christian they would have been beaten by 20...

I doubt you would have beaten Unicoi by 20.

It is a wonder you beat them at all.

They Played horrible.

Clearly the worst game Unicoi has played in a long time.

Yes you won but I don't think you could won by 20.

I doubt you would have beaten Unicoi by 20.

It is a wonder you beat them at all.

They Played horrible.

Clearly the worst game Unicoi has played in a long time.

Yes you won but I don't think you could won by 20.

What? You didn't understand what I was saying. I said that Unicoi or Grace Christian would have beaten Hampton by 20 if Hampton played as bad as they did against Johnson County. I was actually giving Unicoi a compliment...

Congrats hampton on just simply beating the big 2 and happy valley (3-0) in watauga play for the bulldogs.. you guys should go far... but getting back on topic heres some games to watch out for Jan 3,& and some standings in a great year so far...

Jan 3

Johnson county vs Unicoi--Johnson countys wins by 2

Chuckey doak vs Happy valley--Chuckey doak wins by 15

Jan 4

South greene vs Elizabethton--South greene wins by 6

West greene vs Sullivan North--Sullivan north wins by 20

Jan 8

West greene vs Happy valley--Happy valley wins by 10

Sullivan north vs Elizabethon--Elizabethon wins by 7

Johnson county vs Chuckey doak--Chuckey doak wins by 3

Unicoi vs South greene---South greene wins by 4 in upset victory...

Preditcions any one???

Standings

1.Unicoi 10-2 (4-0)

2.Johnson county 6-3 (4-0)

3.Chuckey doak 10-1 (3-1)

4.South greene 6-3 (3-2)

5.Elizabethon 2-7 (1-3)

6.Sullivan north 4-6 (1-3)

7.Happy Valley 0-14 (0-4)

8.West greene 0-9 (0-4)

Hampton also beat Elizabethton when the Dawgs football players were not even playing. They are 4-0 against Watagua teams...

hampton also beat south greene in that tournament at north greene without football players. they are 5-0 against the watauga conference. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Congrats hampton on just simply beating the big 2 and happy valley (3-0) in watauga play for the bulldogs.. you guys should go far... but getting back on topic heres some games to watch out for Jan 3,& and some standings in a great year so far...

Jan 3

Johnson county vs Unicoi--Johnson countys wins by 2

Chuckey doak vs Happy valley--Chuckey doak wins by 15

Jan 4

South greene vs Elizabethton--South greene wins by 6

West greene vs Sullivan North--Sullivan north wins by 20

Jan 8

West greene vs Happy valley--Happy valley wins by 10

Sullivan north vs Elizabethon--Elizabethon wins by 7

Johnson county vs Chuckey doak--Chuckey doak wins by 3

Unicoi vs South greene---South greene wins by 4 in upset victory...

Preditcions any one???

Standings

1.Unicoi 10-2 (4-0)

2.Johnson county 6-3 (4-0)

3.Chuckey doak 10-1 (3-1)

4.South greene 6-3 (3-2)

5.Elizabethon 2-7 (1-3)

6.Sullivan north 4-6 (1-3)

7.Happy Valley 0-14 (0-4)

8.West greene 0-9 (0-4)

actually unicoi county plays unaka on the 3rd. they play johnson county on the 4th. both games are in erwin. also, to help you out just a little more unicoi is 12-2 on the year and that is counting a hall of fame loss to science hill, that they don't have to count. they really should be 12-1 technically. and are you really saying, not that it couldn't happen, that unicoi hasn't lost a conference game in 34 or 35 straight conference games and they are going to lose two in less than a week?????? highly doubt it but like i said it could happen.

unicoi wins both by 8 or more.

im picking elizabethton in the game against south greene - by 4.

west greene and sullivan north will be closer but right winner - sn by 8.

im also picking west greene over happy valley - wg by 2.

and this one im sure of johnson county by 3 over chuckey doak.

that is just a few i disagree with you on. but everyone has their opinion, that is what makes the world go round.

hope everyone has had a good christmas and a good new year. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />