AAA Region Tournament

mjuhb

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe that it initally was a joke. . . If Cree got his wish SD will travel to mcminn co and play in a pasture

wcsoccernut, if you knew cree at all then you would assume that it was a joke, which is why I put him on the spot when I saw all the flack he was getting. Cree (a coach in the area) is known for his humor and unique personality. He adds a little spice to conversations and to posts. I find it hard to believe that anyone would see that post as anything but a joke. Lighten up...

Thanks chelseafc1975. I was just trying to have a little fun. Was shocked that so many took it seriously.

Not to mention that the girls dont like to play in the pasture anymore, the cow patties make it too hard to dribble ( again another JOKE)

Good luck to all in the Region. McMinn will need it.

Thanks chelseafc1975. I was just trying to have a little fun. Was shocked that so many took it seriously.

Not to mention that the girls dont like to play in the pasture anymore, the cow patties make it too hard to dribble ( again another JOKE)

Good luck to all in the Region. McMinn will need it.

Cree it could be worst...I remember several years ago at Mcminn Co. region game (boys) that your field was covered in 6in. of sand. I thought I was at the beach. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> You guys didn't do that on purpose did you????lol

wcsoccernut, if you knew cree at all then you would assume that it was a joke, which is why I put him on the spot when I saw all the flack he was getting. Cree (a coach in the area) is known for his humor and unique personality. He adds a little spice to conversations and to posts. I find it hard to believe that anyone would see that post as anything but a joke. Lighten up...

You are right . . . I know who cree is but I do not know him personally. . . I can only go with what I have seen watching him on the sidelines (not a joke) . . . I will try to lighten up and and take it all with a grain of salt

Predictions next to the game

1-AAA Morristown West at Science Hill(SC 2-0)

D-B at Greenville(G 2-1)

2-AAA Farragut at Oak Ridge(F 3-1)

Knox West at Bearden(B 4-0)

3-AAA Ootelwah at Cleveland(C 2-1)

McMinn Co at Soddy-Daisy(SD 2-0)

4-AAA Shelbyville at Riverdale(R 4-2)

Siegel at Tullahoma(S 2-1)

5-AAA Henry Co at Hendersonville(Hen 4-0)

Beech at Clarksville(B 1-0)

6-AAA Ravenwood at McGavock(R 7-0)

Hunters Lane at Franklin(F 9-0)

7-AAA Bolton vs Liberty

Brighton vs Arlington/Millington

8-AAA Houston at Memphis Central(H 6-0)

Melrose at Collierville(C 6-0)

At this moment i think Bearden, Riverdale, Franklin, Houston and Collierville or all locks with 11 teams fighting for the final 3 spots

Here we go, winners only w/ scores

Science Hill (3-0)

Greenville (4-0)

Oak Ridge (2-1) upset

Bearden (4-0)

Soddy (3-0)

Lady Owls (3-1)

Riverdale (2-1)

Tullahoma (2-1)

Hendersonville(5-1)

Beech (2-0)

Ravenwood (5-0)

Franklin(7-0)

Bolton (1-0) no nothing about this region????

Millington (1-0)

Houston, & Collierville ( Alot to not even close)

Predictions next to the game

At this moment i think Bearden, Riverdale, Franklin, Houston and Collierville or all locks with 11 teams fighting for the final 3 spots

just curious...do you travel all over the state and watch all involved in order to make the predictions??

how do you come to these decisions?

have never understood how these predictions and rankings of players are made if not actually viewed all and everyone???

Here we go, winners only w/ scores

Science Hill (3-0)

Greenville (4-0)

Oak Ridge (2-1) upset

Bearden (4-0)

Soddy (3-0)

Lady Owls (3-1)

Riverdale (2-1)

Tullahoma (2-1)

Hendersonville(5-1)

Beech (2-0)

Ravenwood (5-0)

Franklin(7-0)

Bolton (1-0) no nothing about this region????

Millington (1-0)

Houston, & Collierville ( Alot to not even close)

I agree hendersonville has turned it on and will make a huge impact in the final state standings

Not sure I understand the "Russ always has them ready for postseason" sentiment. Other than dominating a fairly weak region over the years, what have they done to warrant such praise? Last year, they reached the semi-finals by beating the weakest team in the final 8. Before that, disappointing finishes for years.

All due respet, Wildcat, my sentiment means just what it says. I have coached against Plummer and respect him. He is a solid coach. His teams are well disciplined, well organized, and he maximizes the talent that he has. And he always seems to have his teams (boys and girls) ready for the postseason. Girls: 2006 state semifinalists, 2004 state quarter-finalists, 2003 state finalist, 2002 state quarters (loss to state champ by one goal), 2001 state quarters. Boys: 2007 state quarters, 2006 state finalist, 2005 state finalist, 2004 state quarters. That looks like a pretty good record to me.

I see little reason for you to underhandly bash a coach as highly regarded as Russ is in the state by slamming the region he is in. Coaches don't control the districts or regions we are in. So, we go out and win our districts and win our regions. Are you a player/parent/ or coach? Your perspective might help clarify your remarks. There is an ebb and flow to soccer seasons. Regions are strong at times and weak at times. Perhaps you would care to enlighten me with your thoughts and leave me in awe of your brilliance by ranking the regions as you see them: