Mcminn Central VS Polk CO

charger023

I dont think Central has played a tough defense yet. The only way they are not scoring big is the turnovers they make, not the toughness of the defense. But they will see wat they can do against Pc friday night. They will see how great PC defense actually is.

Oh yea by the way Yehaw you can talk when your son actually sees playing time on friday nights not mondays on jv.

ooooo...what a shot at yeehaw! where is he at? this game is all you heard about all season, and now he is nowhere to be found?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you, my friend, are an idiot.

those incidents you speak of may very well be true, but i can tell you when i played up there, no one on my team did anything like that or we would run until the coaches threw up....and i know you don't have to tell me...polk fans are perfect and never do anything wrong or stupid and derrick davis is jesus of polk co....these are the same respectful students that rushed central's field and tried to stick the polk flag on the 50...but wait..thats okay because the are from polk...they don't do anything wrong because that sort of thing doesn't happen at good ole polk co...again..real classy...remember, these are kids on both sides here....it is possible polk fans are disrespectfull also, man.

I played for Larry Davis. Who did you play for? Wait let me quess by the way you talk and act......... Stone! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I never said Polk fans are perfect. Trust me I will be the first to blast anyone for doing something classless or stupid. BTW I was not there last year. If you want to bring up last year then I guess it was OK for one of your coach's to call our players MFers all night when they went out of bounds on your sidelines then you want to cry about a flag maybe if you had won the students wouldn't have rushed the field. Remember these are kids!! I thought you didn't like to talk about the past remember that was then and this is now!!!

Referring to Derrick Davis as Jesus wow!! He will be honored that you think so highly of him.

Enough of this back to the game.

you make absolutely no sense at all. this is not 1970...kids have more stuff to get into these days and less values at home because of poor parenthood across the board. coach derrick can not control what goes on away from central! you obviously have some other personal problem with coach d other than him as a coach. he is doing the best job of any coach in the area...he has taken a team that hasn't won ANYTHING since 98 and has got them competeing for a region championship in his first two years! his job is to coach football and his is doing that very well...the type of dicipline he has control over is penalties in a football game, not a drive-by in east etowah on a saturday night!!! if you could do any better then get in there and do it! untill then shut up and quit pointing fingers!! when columbine happend, everyone was asking "where are the PARENTS" not where is the football coach!!!

ok I have to address this one. when you say that kids have more stuff to get into these days,,, I do agree but you can't let it flow over to sports and the teams they play on. I do not have a problem with the coach just the way he has handled his players problems. When you have horseplay that results in a child being choked till he passes out and all you do is make him run,,, I have a problem with that! When you have the same kid that choked the other player get into a fight a week later and make him run again,, I have a problem with that too. If winning is more important than character I have a problem with that also.. Remember,, this coach gave Knoxville News paper an ok to interview this same kid. Oh,, what a rolemodel we have in this one... Signs atuographs also.. great rolemodel for my child (NOT)! This coach can either get control of the problem and restore his own character or this will keep on getting worse... Hey,, just think,, they just had a scare today with a gang wanting to get the same kid and they even had to take him out of school today for his on safety... Sounds like to me,, there is a problem... and for a coach to be a true support of these young men,, he will have to swallow his pride and take charge!!

you, my friend, are an idiot.

those incidents you speak of may very well be true, but i can tell you when i played up there, no one on my team did anything like that or we would run until the coaches threw up....and i know you don't have to tell me...polk fans are perfect and never do anything wrong or stupid and derrick davis is jesus of polk co....these are the same respectful students that rushed central's field and tried to stick the polk flag on the 50...but wait..thats okay because the are from polk...they don't do anything wrong because that sort of thing doesn't happen at good ole polk co...again..real classy...remember, these are kids on both sides here....it is possible polk fans are disrespectfull also, man.

Well we wouldnt have stormed the field that day if we hadnt beaten yall for the seventh straight time and it was D. Davis's 50th win or something like that....oh and this whole thing about Jordan Jackson gettin into it that got started a couple pages back would have never came up if J.J. wasnt a thug

Well we wouldnt have stormed the field that day if we hadnt beaten yall for the seventh straight time and it was D. Davis's 50th win or something like that....oh and this whole thing about Jordan Jackson gettin into it that got started a couple pages back would have never came up if J.J. wasnt a thug

I have to say that I went to the Meigs/Polk game and as a Meigs fan I want everyone to know that as far as I know everyone on both sides acted with class and proper sportsmanship. I didn't see anything inappropriate.

revolution you should just shut up now...to call someone a thug? you probably don't even know this kid...from what i understand he works hard in practice and plays harder on friday nights...from my accounts polk kids can give it out just as much as they take it...so lets just calm down on the name calling...some polk kids might not be the stereotypical "thug" but they aren't all angels either...

i'm only gonna post one time...SHUT UP about coach derrick you grown men get on here and act like a bunch of gossipy high school girls...talkin talkin talkin...and all of you are just mad cause he's gettin paid to coach and you guys were all just high school wash outs...so hate on his "lack of discipline" but his players get better grades and are in less trouble then they were before he got there...he rides his players hard and he makes them work...don't blame him because of the stuff he can't control...he cares for those kids as his own so if you don't understand the situation don't comment on it..your just making your self look like jerks and i can't say what i really think cause i will get booted...i think it's ridiculous that ya'll have nothing better to do than to sit on a computer and talk about a guy who's turned a program around...ya'll just can't let that team win...it's killing you because for once they're taking it to everyone one who's had their way with them for the last decade...well i say congrats to coach derrick...you call him arrogant and say his ego's to big well hey his players respond to it don't they? they are the ones playin for the first region championship there in a LONG time...so don't hate on him because he's winning...and polk county kids have their own share of problems...every school does so everyone take care of your own problems...mind your own business and give this man the respect he deserves.... go spend some time with your kids or your families instead of posting on here you over grown girls...

Sorry to butt in folks, I would also like to say something, when Polk County came to the Chop House this past Friday, the fans were great and the players showed alot of class out on the field. On one play there was a play in which a Polk County player got hammered right when the whistle blew, and I thought he was going to jump up and come after the player who hit him but he showed some restraint, popped up and back to his respected huddle. So many times we see kids jump up and push someone just to get a stupid penalty, but this does not happen at Polk. Nor did it happen the following Saturday with their little league program. Now I also know that both towns (Polk and McMinn Central) have fans that get on here and blab about stuff to get rises out of everyone, we just need to ignore those and talk about these fine athletes at both schools. I will be in Chattanooga that night but will be listening in to the game of the week. Good luck to both teams and towns heading into the playoffs. Enjoy the success, dont give your team a bad name.

i'm only gonna post one time...SHUT UP about coach derrick you grown men get on here and act like a bunch of gossipy high school girls...talkin talkin talkin...and all of you are just mad cause he's gettin paid to coach and you guys were all just high school wash outs...so hate on his "lack of discipline" but his players get better grades and are in less trouble then they were before he got there...he rides his players hard and he makes them work...don't blame him because of the stuff he can't control...he cares for those kids as his own so if you don't understand the situation don't comment on it..your just making your self look like jerks and i can't say what i really think cause i will get booted...i think it's ridiculous that ya'll have nothing better to do than to sit on a computer and talk about a guy who's turned a program around...ya'll just can't let that team win...it's killing you because for once they're taking it to everyone one who's had their way with them for the last decade...well i say congrats to coach derrick...you call him arrogant and say his ego's to big well hey his players respond to it don't they? they are the ones playin for the first region championship there in a LONG time...so don't hate on him because he's winning...and polk county kids have their own share of problems...every school does so everyone take care of your own problems...mind your own business and give this man the respect he deserves.... go spend some time with your kids or your families instead of posting on here you over grown girls...

Get your head out of the sand or the coach's butt! BTW I have been paid to coach and play so I am definately not suffering from coach or player envy. I will tell you what will kill your program just look back over the past post at the incidents that have happened in the two years he has been there. I really feel sorry for the good kids in this program that are suffering at the expense of winning! Just think of what some of these kids are getting exposed to and I promise you these kids that are causing trouble will bring good kids down with them. I have seen it so many times in schools, good kids hanging around an athlete because they are successful on the field and the next thing you know the good kid is just like the bad one. Answer this question showsomelove, if your a parent do you want your kid exposed to these young men that are doing this stuff? Would you want them spending the night and hanging out with your son or dating your daughter? I want to hear your answer as will others. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Also no one is twisting your arm to get on this board if you don't like it get off or don't read it!!!!

ok I have to address this one. when you say that kids have more stuff to get into these days,,, I do agree but you can't let it flow over to sports and the teams they play on. I do not have a problem with the coach just the way he has handled his players problems. When you have horseplay that results in a child being choked till he passes out and all you do is make him run,,, I have a problem with that! When you have the same kid that choked the other player get into a fight a week later and make him run again,, I have a problem with that too. If winning is more important than character I have a problem with that also.. Remember,, this coach gave Knoxville News paper an ok to interview this same kid. Oh,, what a rolemodel we have in this one... Signs atuographs also.. great rolemodel for my child (NOT)! This coach can either get control of the problem and restore his own character or this will keep on getting worse... Hey,, just think,, they just had a scare today with a gang wanting to get the same kid and they even had to take him out of school today for his on safety... Sounds like to me,, there is a problem... and for a coach to be a true support of these young men,, he will have to swallow his pride and take charge!!

Good post this is my point exactly!

Get your head out of the sand or the coach's butt! BTW I have been paid to coach and play so I am definately not suffering from coach or player envy. I will tell you what will kill your program just look back over the past post at the incidents that have happened in the two years he has been there. I really feel sorry for the good kids in this program that are suffering at the expense of winning! Just think of what some of these kids are getting exposed to and I promise you these kids that are causing trouble will bring good kids down with them. I have seen it so many times in schools, good kids hanging around an athlete because they are successful on the field and the next thing you know the good kid is just like the bad one. Answer this question showsomelove, if your a parent do you want your kid exposed to these young men that are doing this stuff? Would you want them spending the night and hanging out with your son or dating your daughter? I want to hear your answer as will others. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Also no one is twisting your arm to get on this board if you don't like it get off or don't read it!!!!Good post this is my point exactly!

MY TURN!! This young man that is being trashed right now had absolutely NOTHING to do with the incident that started this flame. This young man has grown so much this year, not only on the field but also in the class room. He took it upon himself to learn all the "skill" positions so he can make sure he knows where everyone is and guides the others if they are out of position. he has stayed after practice on his own and worked with the youth football program kids, (that is where the autograph requests came from). Coach D took him and a bunch of other players and helped with the Special Olympics this year also. Betcha didn't know all these FACTS?!! Rumors are a whole lot more interesting than the REAL TRUTH. He is welcome at my house anytime he wants to come!!

Every single day, Coach D talks to the kids about doing the right thing, and improve on school work. Talk to the teachers and get their feelings on the real improvement being made by some of these young men. Coach D is trying to do the right things at Central and it is sad that a very small group doesn't want to see him succeed and try to tear them down by spreading sh--house rumors!!!