Official Mr. Football Thread: 1A, 2A, 3A

CoachT

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Kicker Award for 3A,

Michael Hammons from Polk County High School. He plays in division 3-3a.No way can this athletic be over looked for Mr. Kicker.

He has been a good asset for his team when needed.

He does all of the kicking responsibilities for the team.

He carries a 45.4 yard punt average. Thru 11 of his 13 kicks were either fair catched or punted over their heads.

His Kickoff are averaging 100% inside the 5 thru the endzone. Except for onside kicks.

On PAT's he is 24 of 25

Field goals of 31, 33, and 43.

He has won the longest kick contest two years in a row at the loudon jamboree, and won the longest punt in 2007

He has won and set the longest field goal competition in both Vanderbilts kicking camp and Ray Guy kicking camp in knoxville.

Good kid and student athletic for any award.

I saw him when we scrimmaged....he was amazing

Randall Cobb

Passing

-45 of 74 for a 60.8% passing

-817 Yards

-9 TD's against only 2 INTS

-LONG OF 98 YARDS

Rushing

-37 atts for 374 Yards

-10.1 AVG

-Long of 42 yards

-6 TDs

Defense

-8 tackles

-1 INT

Now Double all of those stats because he has only played half of every game besides Maryville and a little of the third in the C.A.K. game. Most athletic quarterback i have seen, he could play anywhere on the field

Harrison Moore '07 Regular Season Quarterback/Free safety

2087 all purpose yards

18 TD's 14-TD's rushing 2-TD's kick return (longest 93 yds) 1-TD punt return 1-TD off fumble recovery

39 pass completions out of 71 attempts for 671 yds with 1 int.

94 rushes for 712 yds for 7.57 yds per attempt

93 tackles

4 interceptions

2 forced fumbles

2 fumble recoveries (1 returned for TD)

2 tackles for loss

7 pass breakups

Harrison looks pretty solid too!

Kendal Harper's statsthrough round 2:

202 rushes for 2,000 yards and 25 TD /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> 9.9 YARDS PER RUSH /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> LONG OF 90 (SHARES THE BACKFIELD WITH 1000+ YARD TAIL BACK TAMIAS JOHNSON)

43 OF 95 PASSING FOR 687 YARDS AND 9 TD WITH 8 INT

5 PICKS ON D, 33 SOLO TACKLES AND 7 ASSISTS

1 KICK RETURN 1 TD

HOLDER FOR PLACE KICKER

HAS QUALIFIED FOR COLLAGE

ACTIVE IN THE COMMUNITY AND WITH YOUTH AT THE LOCAL YMCA

WINNER OF THE LINKS HONOREE MEDALLION AWARD

JACKSON SUN PLAYER OF THE WEEK THREE TIMES

JACKSON SUN PLAYER OF MID-SEASION

BEING RECRUITED BY VANDY,MTSU,AND ARK. STATE

AND GREAT YOUNG MAN!

ANY QUESTIONS?

No questions at all. No doubt Kendal Harper is a great young man as well as a great athlete. He and Harrison are actually friends. Harrison is a great kid too. Good student, ACT score in the 30's and well rounded too. I know both of these guys deserve the best. I believe Mr. Football is based on regular season performance and may have already been decided. Congrats to Kendal and Harrison as well as Randal.

What ?? 3A player of the year?? Ryan is a good football player but hes not the player of the year . T-Mo from Meigs are #22 from Howard are better. This is a team sport and Slack is

a very important part not the most important part of a team sport.

i am so freakin tired of hearin that kids freakin name tyler mo must be payin people off

if they were so good then why did slack make so many touchdowns on them

No questions at all. No doubt Kendal Harper is a great young man as well as a great athlete. He and Harrison are actually friends. Harrison is a great kid too. Good student, ACT score in the 30's and well rounded too. I know both of these guys deserve the best. I believe Mr. Football is based on regular season performance and may have already been decided. Congrats to Kendal and Harrison as well as Randal.

Idon't know Harrison personaly but I saw him play twice this year. Great ball player himself! Good athlete, and prob. a better pure QB than Kendal. He and Harper in the same backfield would be a defensive coaches nightmare! Throw in Buddy and you have the best offense in the state.

After last night i didn't see anything from #33. Marco ran all over them last night. Yea I did see him get off the ground after he hit Marco late. We'll see after Friday night when the top 2 face each other.

You must have been watching a different game than I was. I saw him drop Marco for losses on the first 2 plays of the game and then made the third tackle on the next play. He had double figures on tackles. Yeah Marco ran it for 43 times and did pick up some good yards, but #33 had a big night.

i read somewhere that grades where part of the selection of mr football ..is that true

I don't think grades are part of the selection--but that kid with ACT scores in the 30's can definiately go to college anywhere he wants--football scholarship or not--WOW!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />