District 9A

grammar

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTSC is better than last year. No standout players, but solid at post and guard, a little weak at the forward spot. They run inteligent plays offensively and play pretty good team defense; a little weak against isolations.

I thought I heard the regionals were at Community this year NCSfan..is that right?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Reional Tournament is at Hillwood High School.

Lots of questions about this district that will not be answered until everyone has played a few games against quality opponents. So far nothing has happened that is unexpected.

Will someone please explain some of the people on here to me. Are they capable of conversation without nastiness?

As to the vikes beating cascade, this is HS, the players change every year. What does it matter what happened in the past. I think that this year's community team has a good chance to take one from cascade, forrest and eagleville. The players match up well in every instance and some of our rotations are looking good (that is a depth gauge). Getting consistent during the rotations is still a weakness for us and fixing that will be key. Getting the TSAA off the dime on JL will help alot. It is tough to loose that kind of talent to an admin snafu.

Try it on the matchups, be honest and run it down:

Norris- who will outplay him?

Stallings and Hall in the post- is there a stronger 2 low team?

Natale is playing well at the PG and some of the boys out there know for a fact he will give them a game.

White and Pierce are scoring well and playing real good ball in the backcourt. Again, some of the boys know White will give them a game.

Haynes has added good height to his already good game and is a mathup problem when he rotates at the 3.

Answers:

Who will outplay norris? - Carkuff (Cascade), Porter & Lillard (Eagleville), Schnapp (Forrest), Baker & Smith (Van Buren) - & these are the obvious ones, I might be overlooking some more

In the post - The posts at Eagleville are better and I think any coach in the league would take Smith from Van Buren over your 2 as a pair. He is the best post in the district.

Natale - I'm sure he's a warrior, but the guards mentioned above are all better than he is.

Now before anyone thinks I am being nasty I'm just doing what you asked; running down the matchups. I'm not trying to down your kids - it's just the way I see it.

Good Luck!!

forrest does not seem to be the same this year without all their starters from last year. their starters this year dont play as hard with the exception of schnap and henson the rest seem to come out flat

I don't know what you are looking at when you watch Forrest play, but the only thing I see is all of the players hustling their butts off. These two player are athletic, but have a surrounding cast that is solid, and play great defense. Watch a little closer next time. See who gets on the floor, plays defense, gets rebounds, and assits. I think you will get a different picture.

Ok guys here's is what I would like to know, who and why do you think will be victorious at the end of the year.

In my opinion Cascade is still the District Champs so until the tourney they are the team to beat losing 5 seniors and 1 junior, but what people dont see is the depth on the bench, with 7 seniors still on the team.

i dont know much about Van buren, but i dont think they lost much with baker still there this team will have a say

other teams im not too famaliar with. . . anyone's opinion on these teams are welcomed

Unless all of the teams in 9A are extremly bad cascade is not the team to beat.. Nashville Christian played them last night and beat them by almost 20..If they are the team to beat i didnt see that last night..

Maybe someone in D-9 can give NCS some competetion. They put us out of the regions the last two years in the first round. I knew they would be tough but I thought they lost their best player last year. D-9 seems to have maybe 6 teams that could slip up and beat anyone else in the District. I will give the top two spots to Eagleville and Van Buren at this point. I would say the last two spots are up for grabs between Forrest, Cascade, Community, and MTCS. Of course all this could change in a few games.