4-AAA Preseason positioning

3ballKing24

I agree with this ranking. Without Douglas, Maryville drops to #4.

Douglas is likely the best Post player in E Tn. It will take awhile for him to get into Hoops shape if he does play. Maryville was strong last year without him and will be strong again if he decides not to play. Still plenty of size, just not as much depth. But you can only play 5 at a time anyway.

I'm curious about SOuth Doyle. They lost a lot of baseball err basketball players to graduation. Had a good junior, I think his name is Moore. Not much else. What do they have coming back?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LC will be very young. They lost about 80 percent of their scoring. With senior post Dylan Robinson having his appendix removed today the panthers have only 1 senior on the roster for the 1st game. Dylan should be back in a few weeks. The varsity roster has 9 sophomores. A talented group yes but hardly any varsity experience returns.

Do your really think that Douglas makes that big of a difference?

Yes, he really does. He's like Shaq. Even if he doesn't give you a lot of points, he's going to draw so much attention it will open it up for other guys. He also is a force on defense. If he does not play, teams will be able to put more attention on Damron and that will not be good for Maryville. So yes, I agree. If he does not play, Maryville drops to 4.

Yes, he really does. He's like Shaq. Even if he doesn't give you a lot of points, he's going to draw so much attention it will open it up for other guys. He also is a force on defense. If he does not play, teams will be able to put more attention on Damron and that will not be good for Maryville. So yes, I agree. If he does not play, Maryville drops to 4.

From a Maryville fan's perspective, there is no question that Aaron Douglas is a bigtime difference maker. However, Maryville's program has evolved to the point that they don't depend on any one player. A few years ago, everyone was calling for a rebuilding season after Andy Tipton and Tyler Gaskin graduated. The next year, with a lot of previously unproven players, Maryville went 27-5 and won the regular season district championship. They have won at least 20 games per year for around nine years in a row. They are not a "Johnny come lately" program.

Obviously, I hope Douglas plays and I know he will if he is physically able. However, if he doesn't, their track record indicates the Rebels will still be good.

From a Maryville fan's perspective, there is no question that Aaron Douglas is a bigtime difference maker. However, Maryville's program has evolved to the point that they don't depend on any one player. A few years ago, everyone was calling for a rebuilding season after Andy Tipton and Tyler Gaskin graduated. The next year, with a lot of previously unproven players, Maryville went 27-5 and won the regular season district championship. They have won at least 20 games per year for around nine years in a row. They are not a "Johnny come lately" program.

Obviously, I hope Douglas plays and I know he will if he is physically able. However, if he doesn't, their track record indicates the Rebels will still be good.

I agree. If Douglas doesn't play, the league goes to a you pick 'um between Maryville, Bearden and Farragut. I would put William Blount in there, but I am just not familiar enough with them this early.

I agree that Maryville will be good without Douglas, but not good enough to win this tough district. The top 4 teams in this district may match up with the top 4 teams in any district in the state.

William Blount will be without a few players for the first in a long time due to football season...how do you guys think this will impact them early in the season, as well as the transition period?

Having coaced several players that made the adjustment from football to basketball I can say it can be hard on them early. They will be out of baskwetball shape and my players always complained about their knees bothering them. The obvious is their skills will be rusty but football players make up for that with their heart.

William Blount will be without a few players for the first in a long time due to football season...how do you guys think this will impact them early in the season, as well as the transition period?

The only players they will be without is Brad Cochran and Tyler Burstrom. I am sure that they will miss Brad at the point till he gets back.