Dyer Co. vs Dyersburg

Choctaw08

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you give names with those numbers if possible DHSFB??

SURE DHS #17 TAYLOR ,ALL AROUND GREAT PLAYER PLAYS WITH HIS HEART ,#21 CALDWELL SPEED TO BURN HAS BEEN AILING LATELY ANKLE ; DC CLARK #12 BOISE STATE STYLE PASSER #10 HUNTER SPEED DEMON REALLY SHOWED OUT TONIGHT. DONT KNOW IF DC COULD HAVE WON WITHOUT HIM !! GO TROJANS, GO CHOCTAWS ! 3 MORE WEEKS GUY AND ITS A REMATCH AT CHOCTAW STADIUM . ONE GAME AT A TIME OR YOUR DREAMS WILL BE FOR NAUGHT SO KEEP IT UP ! BOTH OF YOU ARE WINNERS PLAYING WITH HEART,DESIRE AND WONDERFUL SPORTSMANSHIP EXEMPLIFIED BY BOTH SQUADS!

I was informed that #21 Caldwell will no longer participate for the Trojans this year. Can anyone confirm that?

yeah that would be devistating for the trojans. last night was the first time i've seen the new system and i wasn't impressed. i don't like how the playmakers (caldwell and taylor) have to start out runnin east and west. tyler had like seven touches in the game and never had a chance of gettin the corner. well congratulations to the choctaw, i went to county schools all the way up to high school.

from what i have heard it is true that tyler caldwell is no longer on the team at this point. although he is off, i would think a return is very possible. after a game where so much emotion and heart is put into use, we are not always ourselves after a game in which we lose. this may go for both the coach and tyler himself, but one should not quit or be kicked off a team just because of one game. yes for one dyer county did win, but dyersburg's season is far from lost. now that they know how dc's offense is really run they might actually have a better chance against them in the playoffs.... i'm playing at a high level of sports right now and i know how tough games can bring your confidence down and sometime bring you to the brink of quitting. sports are you're best friend or worst enemy. they have the most magnicifant ups and some of the lowest of lows. dyersburg keep your heads up and just keep plugging. i mean if you've been watching the major league playoffs think about how many losses those teams had to go through this year. close to 50 believe it or not. although this is high school football a loss is a loss and they all hurt when you want to win. good luck to both of the teams for the rest of the season, and hopefully ya'll will meet in the playoffs and we won't have practice i can actually get back for the game.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

[

Hey 10, Do you (or anyone) have any stats from last night. We could wait for the local paper I guess, but just like 56, I don`t know if Mike Smith (sports editor who graduated from DCHS and now is a DHS fan) will be able to get out of bed for a few days. Again, Great Game On Both Sides !

I just wanted to say congratulations to Dyer Co. for a game that was very well played. Hunter, Davis and the rest of the Choctaw team. Dyersburg also played great as well, the run was almost unstopable. Being a huge fan of sports in general, and attending hundreds of sports games from Pro level to High School, I have to say that last nights game was the Most exciting game that I personally have ever attended. Thank you Dyer Co. and Dyersburg for a GREAT GAME!!!!!!!

I'm in no way trying to get anything started up here..

but..pre-game, we were offering Dyersburg Students and Parents free Burgers and Pizza while we were tailgating.

Two Dyersburg students actually came over and had a burger or two.

EDIT

Oh, and the Dyersburg Concession Stand wouldn't give us lighter fluid =

I don't guess you were one of the fans from DC that tailgaited by the baseball field, and left piles of trash everywhere on the ground?!?

Can you give names with those numbers if possible DHSFB??

Several of you have been asking for some DHS-DCHS stats. Before I post them, let me congratulate Dyer County on a tremendous effort and win. Clark was tremendous, as was Hunter,

Millan and several others. The outstanding achievement--a 90 yard drive for the winning TD in the 4th quarter. You deserved the win.

First downs--Dyer County 17, Dyersburg 14

penalties--Dyer County--2 for 20; Dyersburg 4 for 25 (not a penalty on either team in the second half

Passing--Dyer County: 27 out of 45 for 274 yards, with 3 INTs (Clark 26 of out 44 for 237; Davis had the HB pass in first quarter for 37 yards.

Dyersburg--4 out of 14 for 70 yards, 1 INT

Rushing--Dyer County--21 carries, 79 yards (Davis 10 carries for 15; Clark 8 for 55)

Dyersburg--47 carries for 279 yards (Taylor 6 carries for 108)

Total offense--DC--66 snaps, 340 yards; Dyersburg--61 snaps, 349 yards

Hunter--He carried twice for 13 yards and caught 8 passes for 107 yards, had a fine game.

Now, for the only negative: Several fans have posted about their activities during and after the game (tearing up signs, running off opposing fans, etc). YOU SHOULD NOT DO THAT. It is not because it is not all in good fun, not because you may have been right--YOU SHOULD NOT DO THAT BECAUSE THE NIGHT IS ABOUT FOOTBALL--THE NIGHT BELONGED TO BERNARD, CLARK,

DAVIS, HUNTER AND THE CHOCTAW PLAYERS--PLAYERS, not fans. YOU ARE DISTRACTING FROM THE PEOPLE WHO DESERVE THE SPOTLIGHT.

Overall, a great night for football in Dyer County