Dyer Co. vs Dyersburg

Choctaw08

First of all, Tyler Caldwell will be in uniform next Friday night against Covington. Yes, there was some finger pointing in the locker room area after the game as usually can happen with teenagers, but Tyler is still a Trojan.

Congrats to the Choctaws on a classy win against Dyersburg. I am one of the ones eating crow today, but I will not hide like some others because I never posted bull on this thread, just my opinion.

I was more impressed with Jared Hunter last night than any other individual on the field, but Dyer County won as a team.

To Steve, Chad, and the other parents, you have alot to be proud of, but the work has just started as I know you are aware, so keep reaching for the stars.

I am Mike Smith and my story and column will be up at stategazette.com in about an hour or so.

Congrats on the Region 7 title, the young men deserve it after their performance, not only last night but all year long.

Smitty,

Thanks for the kind words ! The Choctaws really brought their best ! I am so proud of them ! I'd also like to commend the Trojans on a great effort as well ! No one with any knowledge of the game is going to be letting up on these young men for last nights win ! I agree with you regarding Jared's performance last night ! He was my "PLAYER OF THE GAME" ! But it was a T-E-A-M effort I don't know when I have EVER seen a harder hitting game !

not in @ least 30 years !

Also I'm happy that Caldwell IS still a Trojan ! Emotions in a game like last night can cause "glitches in our software" ! Nothing that some reflection & a couple hours to clear the head can't cure. What a classy effort on both side of tha ball ! I saw BRUTAL licks & then one player helping the other up from the field ! With the intensity & hype in the week prior this was a "Breath of Fresh Air" !

Trojans I'm pullin for you again (until we met again) !

GO CHOCTAWS & GO TROJANS WEEK # 10 ! FOCUS ........ PREPARE........ & Lets end this regular season the way it should end with the BOTH TEAMS VICTORIOUS ! AND MAYBE... JUST MAYBE A UNIFIED CITY / COUNTY

TO ALL THE FANS & STUDENTS ! FOLKS ! LET'S SHOW RESPECT & SUPPORT FOR EACH OTHER ! What other County has had a run like this year (BOTH TEAMS) ! WE OWE IT TO THE CHOCTAWS AND TROJANS ! JUST LOOK AT WHAT THEY HAVE GIVEN US !

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to DC, a great win and a region crown. Very nice. You guys definetly deserved it. Nobody had just an amazing game other then Hunter, but in the context of team you put forth a major effort and a great win. Yeah I am hurting today, but I will patch my heart and be ready to cheer on the Trojans next week. I have said in every post I have put up about the Chocs in all your other games that I had respect for you guys and I was jaw jacking becuz it was a rival game and next week I would be back on the wagon cheering for you. Good job and good luck in the playoffs. It would be great for a rematch in the playoffs, but I doubt it happens. If DHS pplays anything like they have the past 4 wks, it won't matter how DC plays cuz we won't get there. But we can all hope.

The question is how will this team respond to a loss. I didn't like to hear that they were pointing fingers in the locker room and it got so heated that Caldwell could have possibly quit the team. I don't think it went that far, and according to the sports editor it didn't. I guess we will see. What these kids need to do is just inderstand that they got beat stop pointing fingers and figure out how to fix it. Don't blame your teammate, keep the blame to yourself and get stronger as a team and be accountable for you actoiins. Learn from maybe not a more talented group but definetly a better team in DC. I wouldn't have thought in week 9 that our offense would be playing so badly. I know they scored 21, but they should score 40 on anybody. Thats the type of offense the had going into the season, and in the jamboreee, but as the season has gone by they have found ways to kill drives, and stop scores. They can't seeem to figure out how to cut out the mistakes, and there where times last night that they just looked confused. I said that if Dyersburg didn't get it this week they wouldn't get it at all. Well we will see how they resond to a loss, but if you wanna see a team that could contend for a state title you have a better chance if you look up to the county school right now. Not to say you have got to that level becuz it is a major diference between good and state title so we'll see, but Dyersburg hasn't been there all year, and I don't know if they will get there. They do have that potential they just have to use it.

you dont have to say their names cause B.A's big mouth already has,,,, bobby Ellis who has a pic of him pounding B.a last game and victor mcklin who coach macord at dyer county has offered a bounty on who ever hurt Vick will get 100 dollars, thats real classy the way you all dog me i would never put a bounty on a kid.

bobby is stronger and faster than B.a and he cant Stand it so he is gonna try to cheep shot him like a classy legends son would do

Heated rivalries like this are a part of high school football but sometimes we let things get way out of perspective. The bolded message above is an example of fans who are out of control and statements like this can be dangerous to fans and players alike. trojanfan56 is no longer welcome on this site and I ask that every fan at Dyer County and Dyersburg sit back and realize how ridiculous some of these comments are and how much damage we do to amateur sports by being gullible enough, or want to hate bad enough, to accept this kind of conduct.

My apologies to Coach McCord and anyone else affected by this absurdity.