FATHER RYAN VS MBA

fiftyfifty

I didn't go to the game because I thought it would be a blowout......I was surprised myself.....not where BA needs to be at the end of the season......score wise against BGA.....

BA's offence is still struggling a little. BGA's last 7 came vs 2nd and 3rd team with less than a minute left so it wasn't quite as close as it looks. BA's D played well but still too many mistakes on O (over thown TD passes, a couple of fumbles). Still think they have more than enought to win the next one . . .

I didn't go to the game because I thought it would be a blowout......I was surprised myself.....not where BA needs to be at the end of the season......score wise against BGA.....

BA's offence is still struggling a little. BGA's last 7 came vs 2nd and 3rd team with less than a minute left so it wasn't quite as close as it looks. BA's D played well but still too many mistakes on O (over thown TD passes, a couple of fumbles). Still think they have more than enought to win the next one . . .

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are only a handful of rivalries in the state that can match RYAN vs MBA when both teams are on top. The atmosphere at Greer stadium will be as good as high school football gets in the midstate on friday night. I am sorry to tell the MBA fans that there aren't enough luxury boxes so you may have to get a little dirty.

Yep it outdrew all of the Vandy games that year and MBA was super talented and whipped the Irish. I don't think Owen was the coach but I'm too old to remember; I was a freshman that year.

By the way don't you just love it when the only reason Ryan beat Ensworth is the Jefferson kid being hurt and the 5 INT"S... a true Vanderbilt type comment. Injuries are part of the game and guess what...somebody had to actually make those 5 plays...Ryan made great adjustments after the first quarter. Hat's off to the Ryan team and staff.

ps

Game will not be at Vanderbilt....not possible, anyway Greer is a GREAT High School venue

heck yes, the only reason Ryan won last night was because of interceptions and injuries!

What ######## is that!

Good win by Ryan. I do have to say though that EHS's entire offense revolves around Jefferson and it showed on Friday. Im in no way taking away from Ryan's win becasue they played great, but Ensworth had to start throwing the ball and as we all know now, they are TERRIBLE at that. I hope Jefferson is able to come back because Ensworth is at a loss now. Anyway the Irish seemed to be a solid team and their RB is very good.

The MBA vs. Ryan game wont disappoint and will be one of the best in a long time. Both teams are 8-0 and are rival schools. MBA has beaten Hillsboro, EHS, and Brentwood Academy while Ryan has had a lesser schedule at this point and have beaten EHS and McCallie. I think Ryan is a great team and im glad to seem them back to their winning ways, but I have been impressed by MBA's victories. They beat the best team Hillsboro has ever had and a BA team that almost everyone had picked to win state. I know Ryan has not had the opprotunity to play those teams (next week Ryan vs. BA) but I really feel like MBA is going to win this one.

MBA 24 - Ryan 14

BA's offence is still struggling a little. BGA's last 7 came vs 2nd and 3rd team with less than a minute left so it wasn't quite as close as it looks. BA's D played well but still too many mistakes on O (over thown TD passes, a couple of fumbles). Still think they have more than enought to win the next one . . .BA's offence is still struggling a little. BGA's last 7 came vs 2nd and 3rd team with less than a minute left so it wasn't quite as close as it looks. BA's D played well but still too many mistakes on O (over thown TD passes, a couple of fumbles). Still think they have more than enought to win the next one . . .

The BA offense continues to struggle without Chris Jordan. He will be back at full strength against

Ryan. BA needs to finish strong and senior leadership needs to assert itself. Last night seniors made

key plays. The three senior defensive backs (Rutledge, Jacobs and Kelly) each had key interceptions.

Two setup short field scores and one stopped a second half drive by BGA near the red zone. Senior

Mason Graham stepped in at fullback and had almost 90 smash mouth yards on less than 10 carries for

two touch downs. BA has tremendous talent in its underclassmen. Its time for the seniors to step

up and encourage the talented youth to reach their potential.

mommas boy academy is overrated.

Father Ryan -28

mommas boy academy-14

Ryans gonna beat them in the sandlot!!!

how so? MBA beat a very good hillsboro team, EHS at their peak, and BA who was picked to win state before the season even started

what has ryan done, i kno their 8-0 and thats good, but wat type of wins were those?

Ryan has allowed MAX a score of 14 points a game, some of those points coming against Ryan's 2nd and third team. The EHS score were 2 big plays given up early by the Irish before they had time to ADJUST. The offense started dominating in the EHS game when the coaches made time to ADJUST. These ADJUSTMENTS were made by tremendous coaching, some that Bowers couoldnt compete against. MBA might have better players, but I think Ryan has better coaching in Lussier and McPhail. MBA's coach is good, but any coach can have an 8-0 team with an MBA team that has lots of talent.

It will probably be a stalemate for a while, and come down to what team brings better strategies and better coaching. FR is blessed, and probably broke, because of their coaches. They will win because of the coaching.

EDIT: Forgot my /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

Ryan has allowed MAX a score of 14 points a game, some of those points coming against Ryan's 2nd and third team. The EHS score were 2 big plays given up early by the Irish before they had time to ADJUST. The offense started dominating in the EHS game when the coaches made time to ADJUST. These ADJUSTMENTS were made by tremendous coaching, some that Bowers couoldnt compete against. MBA might have better players, but I think Ryan has better coaching in Lussier and McPhail. MBA's coach is good, but any coach can have an 8-0 team with an MBA team that has lots of talent.

It will probably be a stalemate for a while, and come down to what team brings better strategies and better coaching. FR is blessed, and probably broke, because of their coaches. They will win because of the coaching.

EDIT: Forgot my /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

you make a good point, but once MBA gets started they dont stop(ex. hillsboro game-MBA scored 14 unanswered in the 2nd half to win)...so if anything ryan better come out ready because if they have to make adjustments i dont kno how it will work out...they MAY be able to stop MBA but i doubt they'll be able to take a toll on the MBA defense

This game will be similar to MBA in releveance to the BA game. Only difference is that Ryan is better, and most MBA/Ryan games are usually very close, despite talent or anything else. I wont make any predictions, but I do think this is the best game in middle Tennessee this entire year! That is if these 2 teams dont meet in the Clinic bowl or whatever the ###### its called.