Campbell County @ Dobyns Bennett

DB football just wouldn't be the same without "The Fred", even if it's not very accomidating to our guests, isn't that sort of home field advantage. You know people not wanting to come play there doesn't that give the team a mental edge. Weren't there certian places you did't really look forward going to?

DB wins hard fought contest 31-14! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good Luck to the TRIBE and the Cougars!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what us Cougar fans are hoping from you all!

How does Campbell County stack up on defense?

What do they run, a 3-4, a 4-3, a 5-2?

How have they played against the run? The pass?

What are the defensive stats for the Cougars?

An injury update for Indian fans...Eric Hammonds is out for the season with a tear of his MCL. Hammonds may also be out for the Indian soccer season as well, at best being able to play in the last few games of the soccer season and potentially the post season. Please keep Eric in your thoughts.

Here are DB's stats for you to pick through:

Dobyns-Bennett 2007 Statistics:

Rushing Att/Yards Avg TDs

Sensabaugh 46/465 10.1 9

Sylvester 48/241 5.0 2

Hogg 41/220 5.4 1

Taylor 43/185 4.3 3

Lawson 32/149 4.7

Ring 46/97 2.1 3

Crawford 14/90 6.4

Wagner 8/24 3.0

D. Sylvester 6/16 2.6 1

D. Roop 6/38 6.3

Whittamore 2/13 6.5

Ricker 1/5 5.0

Sage 1/5 5.0

Passing Att/Comp Yards TDs Ints

Ring 43/98 679 4 5

Crawford 0/2

D. Roop 0/2

Receiving Rec/Yards Avg TDs

Crawford 19/271 43.3 2

Dukart 14/263 18.7 1

Templeton 4/46 11.5

Sylvester 2/14 7.0

Morrison 1/37 37.0

Throp 1/20 20.0

King 1/14 14.0 1

Taylor 1/13 13.0

Hammonds 2/18 9.0

Team Rushing: 1554 yards / 195.7 yards per game

Team Passing: 696 yards / 87 yards per game

Total Offense: 2250 / 282.0 yards per game

Points Scored: 185 / 23.1 points per game

D-B vs Rush: 966 / 120.7 yards per game

D-B vs Pass: 843 / 105.4 yards per game

D-B vs Opp: 1809 / 226.1 yards per game

Points given up: 100/ 12.5 points per game

Scoring

Sensabaugh 54

Mitcham 30 (20 of 24 XPs, 2 blocked; 3/5 FGs -- 27, 33, 26 yards, 1 blocked)

Dukart 24

Taylor 18

Ring 18

J. Sylvester 12

Crawford 12

Hogg 6

King 6

D. Sylvester 6

Punting Att/Yards Avg/Punt

Doran 22/741 33.7 (1 bkd)

Ring 2/56 28.0

Kickoff No./Yards Avg

Mitcham 35/1831 52.3

Punt Returns No./Yards Avg

Hogg 6/13 2.1

Crawford 5/26 5.2

Sylvester 2/9 4.5

Kickoff Returns No./yards Avg TDs

Dukart 6/250 41.6 2

Taylor 3/44 14.6

Morrison 4/45 11.2

Anderson 1/33 33.0

Doran 1/5 5

Houser 1/3 3

Punts Blocked

Hogg 2

Dukart 1

FG Blocks

Dukart 1

Blocks to TD

Halsey 7

Taylor 6

Preston 6

Clark 6

Hinson 6

Church 5

Templeton 5

Lawson 3

J. Roop 3

Kilgore 2

Boyer 2

Hogg 1

Crawford 1

Dukart 1

Edwards 1

Boggan 1

Knockdown Blocks

Roop 4

Preston 8

Hinson 7

Taylor 7

Halsey 7

Church 6

Clark 6

Templeton 5

Roop 4

Crawford 2

King 2

Hogg 2

Boyer 2

Kilgore 2

Boggan 1

Key: TFL=tackle for loss; Hur.=Hurries; PBU=pass break-up; C Fum=caused fumble; F Rec=fumble recovery; INT=interception; Bkd Pt=blocked punt

Tackles

Hogg 71, 1 TFL, 1 F Rec, 2 INT, 5 PBU, 2 Bkd Pt

Taylor 58, 6 TFL, 3 Hur, 5 Sacks, 1 int, 1 F Rec

Michael 50, 8 TFL, 7 Hur, 2 sacks, 1 F Rec

Kilgore 45, 3 TFL, 2 Hur., 1 PBU, 1 C Fum, 1 F Rec

Fleming 45, 10 TFL, 3 Hur., 3 Sacks, 1 C Fum, 1 Fum rec.

Bateman 42, 4 TFL, 7 Hur., 3 Sacks, 2 C Fum, 2 F Rec

Preston 33, 8 TFL, 5 Hur, 3 Sacks, 1 C Fum

King 29, 4 TFL, 5 PBU, 1 C Fum, 1 INT

J. Sylvester 25, 5 PBU, 1 C Fum, 2 INT

Dukart 24, 1 TFL, 5 PBU, 2 INT, 1 Bkd Pt

Morrison 21, 2 TFL, 3 PBU, 2 C Fum

Templeton 16, 1 sack

Hinson 12, 1 TFL, 1 Hur

Hammonds 12, 1 TFL, 1 PBU

Tumlin 10, 2 Hur, 1 Sack

Carter 9

Colllins 6, 1 sack

Crawford 5

Throp 5, 1 C Fum

DeGreen 5

C. Sensabaugh 2, 1 Sack

Lawson 1

Bowyer 1, 1 F Rec

Kay 1

Harvey 1

D. Sylvester 1

Rogers 1

Crum 1

Edwards 1

Brown 1

Statistics courtesy of tricitiessports.com and those whom provided the statistics to them.

I don't know all the schemes that CC runs...I do know we have played better on defense than I thoght we would have this yr.......Troy Arnold (MLB) has played excellent the last 2 games...16 tackles vs Bearden....12 tackles, and a sack vs SH.......We have tackled well so far.....But we are gonna have to tackle a whole lot better to beat DB!!!!

Nor is there really any reason to worry for the Indians,

Thats what us Cougar fans are hoping from you all!

Even if the DB faithful are calling this one in,I bet GC is singing a different song to the people that count the most.This is a playoff game,any way you want to slice it.If DB wins,they play for home field next week. If DB doesn't win,they may play for a spot in the playoffs period against SH.One day away,Roll Tribe

Bud, the team in 05( I think it was)...had a lot more talent than this team has.....This team has heart and a lot of leadership....In 2005 we knew who we had to rely on......our running back, Chris Johnson...This yr we have no star...everyone relies on everyone.....This is one of the tightest teams I have seen....When you see one hanging around town....you see alot of them!

Oh and yes we played for the conference title in 05.........well not sure you would call it playing haha...ya'll beat us really really bad.....we lost to Farragut that yr in the playoffs!!!

Campbell County will come in fired up after beating Science Hill last week. This is probably the bestteam they have had in at least 10 years. They are a lot better than their record indicates. DB will have to have a very good game on both sides of the ball to beat them. This one could go down to the last seconds. I think Campbell Co. has the best defense we have faced sinse the William Blount game.

We'll see how well Campbell County can stop DB's rushing offense with "over, under, and around end" Chris Sensabaugh, "slippery, herky jerky" Justin Sylvester, "quick as a jack rabbit" Lane Taylor, and "bruise you and use you" Jordan Lawson. If that doesn't work, we'll see how they do against the pass attack from "bean pole" Ring to "I make plays, enough said" Lane Dukart and "throw it and I'll run to it" Jamie Crawford. I had too much fun doing that. Either way, they'll have to try and keep DB's offense under control such as William Blount, Bearden, and Oak Ridge did. I don't see that happening because the offense has matured ALOT since then. I'm not saying its a buzz saw cutting through wood 20 feet thick in no time, but I'm saying it actually appears able to play a balanced game now and has confidence. Roll Tribe.

Indians by two touchdowns.

Dobyns Bennett 28

Campbell County 14

Major Amos B. Hoople's prediction:

DB 27, Campbell Co. 12

"Granted, Campell Co. staged a soup-er upset against Science Hill but the shootout in the Big East Conference is finally sorting itself out. DB happens to be carrying one of the biggest guns."

I don't think it was an upset.CC had 195 yards rushing against SH. They had about twice the total yardage and about twice the yardage in penalties to over come(90 to 50}.I look for us to go back into a four man front on defense.This will be a good game to see if we can just line up and run the ball as well.I hope we get to see all the seniors play tonight,those guys have earned it.