District 10A

irishfan1

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O yeah, forgot about those guys.... that team was bad, but lost in the finals to BGA, who did BGA have that year, and where did they go if anywhere... As far as Puckett goes, don't get me wrong, I don't think that he is the best to ever come out of the district, but he was an extremely good player... I just don't like when people say that he wasn't any good or, he was all McEwen ever had... Both are false statements... I realize this is the past, so I will leave it at that...

O yeah, forgot about those guys.... that team was bad, but lost in the finals to BGA, who did BGA have that year, and where did they go if anywhere... As far as Puckett goes, don't get me wrong, I don't think that he is the best to ever come out of the district, but he was an extremely good player... I just don't like when people say that he wasn't any good or, he was all McEwen ever had... Both are false statements... I realize this is the past, so I will leave it at that...

Nashville Christian's girl's coach, Brandon Wood, played for that BGA team, and was the state tournament MVP -- I think the point guard. He did play in college, at Union.

Nashville Christian's girl's coach, Brandon Wood, played for that BGA team, and was the state tournament MVP -- I think the point guard. He did play in college, at Union.

Brandon was not on that team. He was a senior the year before in '93 when BGA won the state. The '94 team that beat Goodpasture for the championship was lead by the late Seth Pettus that went to Belmont. Fleming and Dunnavant also started and later played football at Vanderbilt.

WHH 122, JB Negative 3. They didn't play. Da Bears. Ditka. In Case any of you didn't get that.

Just for the record... does anyone know the real story behind why WHH and Jo Byrns did not play the game scheduled earlier this month. Seems it was cancelled at the last minute and word is that Petrone called and wanted to re-schedule because of finals that week. I am sure with all the folks on here so close to the WHH program, someone has the real story behind this game being cancelled. Or maybe someone from JBS knows the story. Just curious.

Just for the record... does anyone know the real story behind why WHH and Jo Byrns did not play the game scheduled earlier this month. Seems it was cancelled at the last minute and word is that Petrone called and wanted to re-schedule because of finals that week. I am sure with all the folks on here so close to the WHH program, someone has the real story behind this game being cancelled. Or maybe someone from JBS knows the story. Just curious.

Heritage/Petrone has a track record of changing games to find an advantage. I seem to recall it backfired on him the last time.

Actually it was Jo Byrns that called Heritage and asked if the game could be changed to a later date.....because at that time the Jo Byrns football team was still in the playoffs and thought they would make it to state. If that was the case they would have been playing the game with Heritage(a district game) in the next week so the football players that are on the basketball team would not have had enough time to practice etc etc.

Petrone agreed to the change.

Actually it was Jo Byrns that called Heritage and asked if the game could be changed to a later date.....because at that time the Jo Byrns football team was still in the playoffs and thought they would make it to state. If that was the case they would have been playing the game with Heritage(a district game) in the next week so the football players that are on the basketball team would not have had enough time to practice etc etc.

Petrone agreed to the change.

Ok ... let me get this straight. So what you are saying is the Jo Byrns called Petrone up and requested the game be re-scheduled to a later date because they were worried they would be in football playoffs ? This game was scheduled for Dec 18th originally ...long after the playoffs were over. And again, the call was made from Petrone to Jo Byrns according to my sources. The Coach from Jo Byrns does not work that way, he, like many others in this district play with the cards they are dealt and dont try and change the rules in the middle of the game like Petrone. Just like CoachF mentioned, Petrone has a history of cancelling games in order to achieve an advantage. CoachF is right ...it back fired on Petrone last time and probably will this time as well.

If you are going to respond to a legitimate question on here please don't insult our intelligence with such a poorly structured fantasy of an excuse.