MARYVILLE VS HALLS

cobrajet

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I am very proud of this Halls team. They have overcome alot and they have seen some good play out of younger players. If I read the standings correct, they have secured a playoff spot with two games to play. It has been a while since that has happened.

However, I am not sure why you say that "this should be a good game." Maryville has faired much better against every common opponent. I know of three 2-way starters for Halls who are injured plus the tight end is playing in a cast. All will probably play, but will be less than 100%. Don't get me wrong. Halls could possibly win. The Halls players should go into the game expecting to do just that. But I am afraid that Halls is likely to give up alot of passing yards and will struggle on offense because they have become less of a threat through the air. To win, Halls needs to have similar success to what they had in the West game. They have to pressure the QB, get a couple of pics and they need to have success running the football.

Go Big Red.

First of all, I am very proud of this Halls team. They have overcome alot and they have seen some good play out of younger players. If I read the standings correct, they have secured a playoff spot with two games to play. It has been a while since that has happened.

However, I am not sure why you say that "this should be a good game." Maryville has faired much better against every common opponent. I know of three 2-way starters for Halls who are injured plus the tight end is playing in a cast. All will probably play, but will be less than 100%. Don't get me wrong. Halls could possibly win. The Halls players should go into the game expecting to do just that. But I am afraid that Halls is likely to give up alot of passing yards and will struggle on offense because they have become less of a threat through the air. To win, Halls needs to have similar success to what they had in the West game. They have to pressure the QB, get a couple of pics and they need to have success running the football.

Go Big Red.

This is the time of the year that all teams have players that are playing with some small injuries. The Maryville side line looks like a MASH unit on Friday nights so other players need to step up and be ready to go.

Halls ALWAYS is a good game and they will show up in Maryville expecting to win. There will be some hard hitting and exciting plays on both sides of the field and both teams will know they have been in a battle.

Maryville gets ready for a game like this every week and it will start on Sunday afternoon. EVERYONE wants to take us out even if they have secured a play off spot. If Halls can beat Maryville, they have a chance of winning the region and having home field advantage in the play offs.

I know for sure that Maryville will not look past this game. Maryville Respects Halls Period!!!!!!!

Rebel 9

Ouch that score sounds humbling. I'll say this if we play like we did against Bearden then that score will be correct and perhaps then some. But to be a Halls fan and have 6 wins under your belt with two to go is awesome.

If Halls actually puts some new wrinkles in their offense then I say we play closer. The same 10 plays have been sputtering of late even with the success with LC last friday night notwithstanding, I'm sure the coaching staff at Maryville are all over them just like they were last year.

I expect the players at Halls to give 110% no matter what. Turner looked impressive last week so i'm thinking we have a chance of a upset but realistically it may come down to a 28-14 score for the Rebs. I think Kitts & Kelly will stay inside and we will grind out what we can and let the clock tick. If Burnette is successful early in the passing game then Syenara Bobo. But I do hope Halls uses this game to gain confidence for a even bigger matchup at South Doyle the next week when a #2 seed and homefield advantage will be clearly on the line.

Main thing is at this point this is 1 V 2 in this region. Should be a entertaining game.

Ouch that score sounds humbling. I'll say this if we play like we did against Bearden then that score will be correct and perhaps then some. But to be a Halls fan and have 6 wins under your belt with two to go is awesome.

If Halls actually puts some new wrinkles in their offense then I say we play closer. The same 10 plays have been sputtering of late even with the success with LC last friday night notwithstanding, I'm sure the coaching staff at Maryville are all over them just like they were last year.

I expect the players at Halls to give 110% no matter what. Turner looked impressive last week so i'm thinking we have a chance of a upset but realistically it may come down to a 28-14 score for the Rebs. I think Kitts & Kelly will stay inside and we will grind out what we can and let the clock tick. If Burnette is successful early in the passing game then Syenara Bobo. But I do hope Halls uses this game to gain confidence for a even bigger matchup at South Doyle the next week when a #2 seed and homefield advantage will be clearly on the line.

Main thing is at this point this is 1 V 2 in this region. Should be a entertaining game.

Just my opinion but Maryville wins by 2 or 3 touchdowns. I have seen Maryville play twice this year and if it is a down year then all east tn teams are in trouble in the future. I have seen Halls play once and that was against Bearden and they were basically shut down until Bearden subbed and Kitts got along run late in the 4th qtr. I think Halls has improved and can make noise in the playoffs but I dont think they can stay with the rebels

after seeing what the teams have done this year....one does not know...If Halls comes ready to play...could be an upset....The boys seem to not look good to start but do what has to be done in the end

Halls by3 at the end

Any game that maryville plays is a good game.. does anyone know what thier national ranking is?

Any game that maryville plays is a good game.. does anyone know what thier national ranking is?

USA Today and SI had them at #9 last week, but this team is not rated at all and it means nothing until the season is over. Most of the players responsible for that ranking have graduated and this team is 8-0. Friday night against Halls is big because of the region title.

Rebel 9

Maryville by as many as they want. Halls players are not tough enough for this game.Watch when they get smacked in the mouth (and trust me, they will get smacked by Mville) tuck tail and run home to mamma crying. Don't believe the Halls players have enough guts to smack back, especially their offensive and defensive lines. Look for Halls to come out flat (like Bearden) and take their spanking like good little boys!!