MARYVILLE VS HALLS

cobrajet

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think it might not be wise for us even to show up? I'll let the Halls coaches know. Really, I'd say Maryville probably should have only played one game this year, and that would have been against WB.

Or we could play our second and third teamers to get valuable experience for next year and rest our starters and let them help the cheerleading squad and band I know some would like to bang on a drum or toot a horn or two seeings its going to be such a blowout. Then they would be fresh for South Doyle and the playoffs.

Mercy rule will speed up the clock anyway. So this may seem like a no brainer.

Our boys don't like to get slapped around so they could dodge this one.

Do you think it might not be wise for us even to show up? I'll let the Halls coaches know. Really, I'd say Maryville probably should have only played one game this year, and that would have been against WB.

Rebel fans know that this will not be an easy game with halls on Friday night. Some of the people on this thread may think different but they probally like to see Maryville loose as much as the players and fans from Halls would.

We know it will be a battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel9

Unlike over the last 4 years or so...Maryville is beatable this year. I am not saying Halls will snap the streak or anything but Maryville will have a tougher time making it to the 'Boro this year. If Halls plays the way they are capable of playing they win 31-28. If they don't play the way they are capable.....it will be a looooong night.

Good Luck to both teams.

A few more comments:

- For Halls to have any chance at all our offensive lineman need to grow up and take on the challenge ahead of them. Quit being so soft and get tough this week. Kitts will run if we give him some holes. Come on line, don't wimp out on this one!!!

- I'm tired of everyone being satisfied to "only get beat by _____" (fill in the blank). DON'T BE SATISFIED WITH A LOSS!! I don't care who it's against. You play the game to win!

- Come on Halls, hit hard, block well, run hard, and listen to your coaches!! Next year never gets here. This year is the year!!

- Unless anyone doubts my intentions, I pull for the big red and will do anything I can to try and motivate them. If anyone on the team reads these comments hear this - YOU must believe in yourselves, to ---- if anyone else does.

Anyone who thinks this is going to be close is living in fantasy land!!! Halls doesnt have the athlethes Maryville has, & there's a hugh difference in the coaching staff as well. Maryville will be able to run it down their throats and Halls secondary is weak, leaving them just another avenue to score. The only way this one will be close is if Halls is able to score againsst Maryvilles reserves.

I agree with Rebel9 some and think Halls will play a good game. I have a great deal of respect for Coach J, he's doing a good job mostly. What Halls has failed to do this year like most years is develop an effective passing attack. There won't be a team that could beat Maryville with a one dimensional offensive attack. Maryville is too well coached and practiced and few teams make the adjustments Maryville does on the field or at least at the half. The program has been shutting down key players on opposing teams for years with average athletes. At Maryville the starters may not be the best athletes on the field even among themselves but every kid that gets to start for Maryville knows his position, the reads, signals and how to make the adjustments to what they see. This is a key element to Maryville??™s success during the GQ era. The team adjusts like a college program and it shows. In this game halls has three key players. Kitts (149 yds a game on 18 attempts a game and is a passing threat) Dayton (41 yards a game on about 4 passes a game) and the kicker Kahn. Halls is one dimensional and don??™t have enough depth to play with Maryville. I respect them but Maryville will wear Halls down by the middle of the third qtr and unless MHS turns the ball over more than 6 times at the wrong end, I don??™t think this will be much of a contest.

But that any given Friday is always there and good luck to both teams.

Lastly Rebel9 is right. The current national ranking belongs to the classes who have graduated and about 5-6 seniors on this squad. It is great to have national respect because it is clearly deserving and worked for by all the hard working young men who suit for Maryville! Go Rebs

USA Today and SI had them at #9 last week, but this team is not rated at all and it means nothing until the season is over. Most of the players responsible for that ranking have graduated and this team is 8-0. Friday night against Halls is big because of the region title.

Rebel 9

15th in USA Today and 19th in Prep Nat. Poll as of today