MARYVILLE VS HALLS

cobrajet

Maryville by as many as they want. Halls players are not tough enough for this game.Watch when they get smacked in the mouth (and trust me, they will get smacked by Mville) tuck tail and run home to mamma crying. Don't believe the Halls players have enough guts to smack back, especially their offensive and defensive lines. Look for Halls to come out flat (like Bearden) and take their spanking like good little boys!!

I agree with ironman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville by as many as they want. Halls players are not tough enough for this game.Watch when they get smacked in the mouth (and trust me, they will get smacked by Mville) tuck tail and run home to mamma crying. Don't believe the Halls players have enough guts to smack back, especially their offensive and defensive lines. Look for Halls to come out flat (like Bearden) and take their spanking like good little boys!!

Arnman80 looks like eye I thank moore of YOUR teem, than you do.

Eye beeleeve Julian has got Hauls on tha right track.

Ennyhow eye want to see what Diver thanks. Looks two me like anuther meetin' betwixst moon pies and R O C Colas versus skillet cornbread and cold clumpy buttermilk.

Ort to bee a good 'un.

Ironman bleeds red. He has some of the best posts on these threads. So I know he knows the game and is a big student of it. He usually knows about the basic matchups but I have to believe this time with a slight grin he is playing possum and hoarding all the RC's and moonpies for himself and having a little fun to stimulate some rival talk. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Some teams match up better against common opponents. This is not the case here. The 2005 version of this team had the best chance in recent memory. But this year we have a chance but I think we will play hard and I hope we work on some situations for the playoffs. But in the next two games our strengths this year play right into the strengths of Maryville and South Doyle just like they did against Central & Bearden. The good news is we are doing this well with two games to go and even if the absolute worst happens over the course of the next two weeks this will be a successful year for Halls.

Again, great job seniors for going thru some lean times and staying the course. Six wins out of eight have been great.

Good luck to both teams Friday night. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think toughness is the issue. But I appreciate your attempt at reverse psychology to get the guys fired up. The issue to me is self doubt. The doubt that caused Halls to lose to Central and almost lose to Powell. Losing to the same team for years in a row causes some to doubt breaking the streak is possible. I think the Halls coaches' challenge will be getting the players to believe that they will win. Otherwise, they will believe the paper and talk on here that they are supposed to lose.

Position by position, I would give Maryville the edge at TE, QB and LB. I think Halls may have a slight edge at RB, OL and DL. I think WRs and DBs are pretty even talent wise, but Maryville's system is much better for WRs to excel in, IMO. I have not heard anything about Maryville's kicker. Inside the 25, Kahn is pretty solid for Halls so I will say even. Overall, I give the slight edge to Maryville.

The biggest thing is that the Maryville kids know they are going to win. Halls kids are probably hoping they can win. It's kinda of corny but, "You've gotta believe."

If both teams play at their potential, this could be a great game. Rain is predicted all week but not for the game.

Go Big Red

I SEE MARYVILLE WINNING BIG. DONT KID YOURSELF HALLS LOOKS BETTER THAN THEY HAVE IN THE PAST, BUT OTHER THAN THE COME FROM BEHIND WIN AGAINST WEST AND THE DEFFENSIVE GAME AGAINST POWELL, THEY HAVEN'T LOOKED GOOD. BEARDEN HANDLED THEM AND A DOWN CENTRAL TEAM BEAT THEM AS WELL.

MARYVILLE 42 HALLS 10

Arnman80 looks like eye I thank moore of YOUR teem, than you do.

Eye beeleeve Julian has got Hauls on tha right track.

Ennyhow eye want to see what Diver thanks. Looks two me like anuther meetin' betwixst moon pies and R O C Colas versus skillet cornbread and cold clumpy buttermilk.

Ort to bee a good 'un.

You know, I hear there's been a shortage on corn meal and soured milk over Maryville way... Any truth to that? The rebel machine might sputter a tad without it. I'd like to think the Halls boys will show up this Friday, moon pies and ROC Colas in hand, and at least let MHS know they've been in a ball game, just for ol' times sake -- like say the last time MHS lost to a Region opponent.

I won't be making a prediction though until I know if you're able to get your hands on some corn meal.

You need to watch out for Ironman, Stars, cause he's sneaky and a recruiter like you. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You know, I hear there's been a shortage on corn meal and soured milk over Maryville way... Any truth to that? The rebel machine might sputter a tad without it. I'd like to think the Halls boys will show up this Friday, moon pies and ROC Colas in hand, and at least let MHS know they've been in a ball game, just for ol' times sake -- like say the last time MHS lost to a Region opponent.

I won't be making a prediction though until I know if you're able to get your hands on some corn meal.

You need to watch out for Ironman, Stars, cause he's sneaky and a recruiter like you. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Diver eye wint out milked tha cow, ground tha corn at tha mill, and haiv it reddy.

Butt we could use some of that spair water you'uns use on yer feeled.

Eye heered Hauls has a knew Bel Hair Grill????

Regarding the Bel Hair, it's not new; it's been there a while. It did change ownership some time ago. I've been reading about your water problem with the Little River down so low. Fortunately, Halls has had enough speed, I mean water, now to alleviate the need for the 24 hour sprinkler regimen.

It is raining in Maryville and is not going to stop until Thursday night. We have not cut the grass in 6 weeks just to get ready for Halls so when you step on the field, the grass will be so high that it will look like the players have no feet.

Halls will think they are playing at home.

Rebel9