Hendersonville VS Gallatin

nextbest09

[

BTW-why do the Gallatin Fans sit on the vistor side? There was plenty of empty seats on the Gallatin side!

There are about 250-500 fans who sit there every week. Most of us cheer FOR the Green Wave. We have been sitting there for years it is not anything new. Besides the bleachers are safer on the east side of Gallatin stadium.

Great job on the win tonight Green Wave.

W88-I was expecting more GW fans to be there last night! The stands looked half empty. Seams like you brought more fans to the game at Hendersonville last year!

What's up? I was relling my family last night how folks use to be 3 deep on the fence during Gallatins home games.

First time my wife and children had seen a game at teh Green Wave field. They enjoyed the stadium and the feel of the atmosphere!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Green Wave, last night was a great night for Gallatin's football teams. Good luck to the Wave next week. Since not having the Green Wave in the playoffs will just feel weird, specially with Station Camp in.

Has to hurt for HHS this year, lost to Station Camp, Beech and Gallatin.

Gallatin still has a legitimate chance at making the playoffs. All Gallatin has to do is beat McGavock and have Hendersonville lost to Hunters Lane next Friday night. All you can ask for is to have a chance and I like our chances.

W88-I was expecting more GW fans to be there last night! The stands looked half empty. Seams like you brought more fans to the game at Hendersonville last year!

What's up? I was relling my family last night how folks use to be 3 deep on the fence during Gallatins home games.

First time my wife and children had seen a game at teh Green Wave field. They enjoyed the stadium and the feel of the atmosphere!

The crowd support has fallen off for the last couple of years. Station Camp did take away some of the fans, nothing can be done about that. Second, their are a lot of people who can not stand the shape the football team has performed under the current administration. Gallatin was always a power, run straight at you kinda team, now we rely on more of a finesse approach. A lot of former players that I know hate the way the program is being run. And I mean alot. Finally, Gallatin has not been too good this year. Not like usual anyway. With winning you get more general interest. I noticed last night on the call in shows the Gallatin/Hendersonville matchup did not even make for conversation. Contrast that to last year when the game was on TV and was highly praised for being one of the most intense rivalries in the midstate. I think that having markee players also draws interest just to see the big name before they go to the college ranks. Lots of factors to consider. Also I think that a lot of people thought that Gallatin was going to get beat pretty good and did not care to see it. Just an opinion. But whatever the case I was glad I was there. And the stadium will one day be full again. These two teams are fun to watch because of the rivalry and the Commandos are not a dirty team which gives them a huge respect fator in my book. I would lots rather play them then most of the metro schools.