Lavergne @ Wilson Central

dubcfan

Congrats to WC. I am sorry for LaVergne. They deserved to be in the playoffs. Sounds like what happened to us last yr. I know it hurts.

I kinda feel bad for'em too, they play hard, they just can't seem to win the close ones.....i think its lack of support. they only had about 100 people at the game tonight...i was really dissappointed in their crowd,

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda feel bad for'em too, they play hard, they just can't seem to win the close ones.....i think its lack of support. they only had about 100 people at the game tonight...i was really dissappointed in their crowd,

I don't think alot of people realize how important fan support is. Its really ashame that even the bigger schools bring so little fans to these games!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

First, let me say CONGRATULATIONS to Wilson Central. I'm impressed with their coaches, their players and the students. If there is anyone out there this morning that doesn't think this is the best Region in the State....you have got to be kidding me!!!!! To bring those kids from last year to the record they have this year is a great coaching coup! I can't say it's really a lack of support...those are things you have to overcome to be a great football team. La Vergne's history has shown a lack of support unless it's a big rivalry game. But when your son comes home and says there were more kids at the premiere of SAW IV than the football game...it's disappointing to say the least. It seemed like La Vergne's defense got tired and sluggish in the 4th, Tillery not playing, not capitalizing on your drives...especially the last one....those are the biggest factors I think. Positives....Crocker continues to impress me under pressure, Chris Gray.....WOW...that boy has a nose for where to plant his feet.....sometimes his body looked like he was playing Twister and he still managed to catch the ball inbounds. I hear he's finally getting some looks from some big name schools....much deserved!!! No one can honestly say we can't play with the BIG boys this year! We just haven't won when we needed to. When you're consistently playing "Ketchup" (as I call it) going into the last minutes...it would be nice to have a fan base!!

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

First, let me say CONGRATULATIONS to Wilson Central. I'm impressed with their coaches, their players and the students. If there is anyone out there this morning that doesn't think this is the best Region in the State....you have got to be kidding me!!!!! To bring those kids from last year to the record they have this year is a great coaching coup! I can't say it's really a lack of support...those are things you have to overcome to be a great football team. La Vergne's history has shown a lack of support unless it's a big rivalry game. But when your son comes home and says there were more kids at the premiere of SAW IV than the football game...it's disappointing to say the least. It seemed like La Vergne's defense got tired and sluggish in the 4th, Tillery not playing, not capitalizing on your drives...especially the last one....those are the biggest factors I think. Positives....Crocker continues to impress me under pressure, Chris Gray.....WOW...that boy has a nose for where to plant his feet.....sometimes his body looked like he was playing Twister and he still managed to catch the ball inbounds. I hear he's finally getting some looks from some big name schools....much deserved!!! No one can honestly say we can't play with the BIG boys this year! We just haven't won when we needed to. When you're consistently playing "Ketchup" (as I call it) going into the last minutes...it would be nice to have a fan base!!

Gray is a great receiver and hes definatly gonna be playing on the next level...but..in our defense our corner that was on him (Michael Shannon...#1) sprained his ankle in the second quarter and never returned, before then Gray only had a couple catches.

Gray is a great receiver and hes definatly gonna be playing on the next level...but..in our defense our corner that was on him (Michael Shannon...#1) sprained his ankle in the second quarter and never returned, before then Gray only had a couple catches.

Any news on Shannon this morning?

The WC side was FAR from full as well.

2 years ago when LHS played there, BOTH sides were packed.

And that was is frigid weather.

Oh well. I made the drive both times.

Did you see the track on our side...you couldn't walk through there to get to the concession stand..it was packed...from what i seen our stands were pretty full.

The WC side was FAR from full as well.

2 years ago when LHS played there, BOTH sides were packed.

And that was is frigid weather.

Oh well. I made the drive both times.

Someone from LHS correct me if i'm wrong....I'm relying on my son's word of mouth here...no busses to the away games this year for students??? Is this accurate?