OOOLTEWAH VS OAK RIDGE

owlfanatic

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, someone earlier in the post said that the media had done a bad job covering the situation. The media said that they were all seniors.. I didnt know if it was true! We did win thank you- a win is a win no matter who you play! I tried to be civil, my god. I am glad you are saying that I condem Ooltewah , I even wished you a good game. Sounds like you were making fun of Ridgeland .. theres not need for that.. I didnt say anything about ya'll. So I am glad you think I am a joke but you sound just as bad! ..... The situation is not going to go away so I might as well have the correct facts! If I was trying to "stir the pot" I would have said some other things .. but I didnt.

actually, someone earlier in the post said that the media had done a bad job covering the situation. The media said that they were all seniors.. I didnt know if it was true! We did win thank you- a win is a win no matter who you play! I tried to be civil, my god. I am glad you are saying that I condem Ooltewah , I even wished you a good game. Sounds like you were making fun of Ridgeland .. theres not need for that.. I didnt say anything about ya'll. So I am glad you think I am a joke but you sound just as bad! ..... The situation is not going to go away so I might as well have the correct facts! If I was trying to "stir the pot" I would have said some other things .. but I didnt.

u need the facts /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> if u think your gonna get the facts off here you are a JOKE, u need /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> grow up and learn a little

No sir, actually I know the facts but thank you. I know all about the situation. Lol its pretty funny to listen to you though because I know the truth lol! anyhow! You could have been the one to be a stand up guy and give THE FACTS since ya'll are so quick to say that no one else has them!

Bottom line is OR won the game. The Owls fans can use any excuse they want, it's still a loss. Ooltewah was outsized tonight, and the Wildcats came to win. Our sidelines and our fans were FLAT until 2 minutes to go in the fourth quarter.

Given another chance I think we could beat oak Ridge, but that doesn;t matter now. If the Owls want to go to the playoffs, they need to learn to execute. Missing tackles is just not acceptable. Get over the distractions , quit using it as an excuse and play football.

We're behind you 100% Owls, but you have to want to win it for yourselves. OR was a good team, but not so good that we could not win.

To the Owls fans: is coming to the game a "social hour" for you? Our fans are "dead" most of the time, and when I yell(defense or Let's go owls) people turn and stare at me like I'm crazy. What ever happened to supporting your team? Don't you think those players (especially if they're flat) can gain inspiration from 100% fan support, not just sitting in the stands???? I guess maybe I'm too old school, and I apologize if I offend any Owls fans, but let's cheer the team on

Now, after seeing the top teams play, I think WB has the best team in the region. Maybe we will get the chance again to take them off their pedestal.

GO OWLS- we love you and support you.

I watched the game on TV--what happened when OR was about to have to punt after the Oltewah touchdown? The Owls stopped OR and OR was lined up to punt and then, before the snap, the officials blew the whistle and marked off 15 yards against Ooltewah. The announcers said they thought it was an unsportsman like conduct call but we never saw anything. Anybody know what the call was?

I watched the game on TV--what happened when OR was about to have to punt after the Oltewah touchdown? The Owls stopped OR and OR was lined up to punt and then, before the snap, the officials blew the whistle and marked off 15 yards against Ooltewah. The announcers said they thought it was an unsportsman like conduct call but we never saw anything. Anybody know what the call was?

From what I was told about that play after the game was that an Ooltewah player was simulating the Oak Ridge snap count.

WE CAME, WE SAW, WE KICKED THEIR A-- ! But they do have great Bar-B-Q /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Don't you just love it when a new member creates a new account just to rub it in?

You didn't hear WB talk like this, even though you have arguably the best pizza in the state.

Now, after seeing the top teams play, I think WB has the best team in the region. Maybe we will get the chance again to take them off their pedestal.

Thanks for the compliment, OwlFanatic.

I hope you get your chance again... it would mean we would be a couple of rounds into the playoffs (I think). I'm sure it won't be as lopsided as the last score, but the final outcome hopefully will stand. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Bottom line is OR won the game. The Owls fans can use any excuse they want, it's still a loss. Ooltewah was outsized tonight, and the Wildcats came to win. Our sidelines and our fans were FLAT until 2 minutes to go in the fourth quarter.

Given another chance I think we could beat oak Ridge, but that doesn;t matter now. If the Owls want to go to the playoffs, they need to learn to execute. Missing tackles is just not acceptable. Get over the distractions , quit using it as an excuse and play football.

We're behind you 100% Owls, but you have to want to win it for yourselves. OR was a good team, but not so good that we could not win.

To the Owls fans: is coming to the game a "social hour" for you? Our fans are "dead" most of the time, and when I yell(defense or Let's go owls) people turn and stare at me like I'm crazy. What ever happened to supporting your team? Don't you think those players (especially if they're flat) can gain inspiration from 100% fan support, not just sitting in the stands???? I guess maybe I'm too old school, and I apologize if I offend any Owls fans, but let's cheer the team on

GO OWLS- we love you and support you.

Fanatic

You are right on target. This was the deadest crowd I ever heard or not heard. If the band had not played almost non-stop there would have been no noise at all. I don't know where the group that traveled to Farragut was Friday night we made a whole lot more noise there.

As far as the game went come on guys tackle. I won't name names, but I saw to many of you turn your head right before contact and try and arm tackle up high. That ain't going to get it done as evidenced by the score. Man up and hit like you did at Farragut. Even though we lost that game too, at least we played the game. I respect Coach Monroe, but he needs to change the way he get's the plays into the game. Having the QB run over to the side line each play seems to kill us when we are behind. There were several times we would get things going, and then we would stall because not everyone was on the same page. I counted 4 times when a player had to run onto the field late, because he did not know he was in the play.

On the positive side, Brady seems to be maturing and next couple of years he should be very good. He stills needs to learn how to avoid the rush a little better, but he has made great strides since the first of the year. I still believe we can be dangerous in the playoffs. We just need to cut out the early mistakes i.e. the fumble on the first drive.

Last point, I never want to hear about Home Cooking by the referees again. We had no call go our way all night. That last Unsportsman Like Conduct call was not called for. It may have been correct by the letter of the rule book, but is generally overlooked in a tight game. The worst call was the illegal reciever down field. The line judge that made the call was 10 yards down field watching a reciever. He looked back at the line of scrimmage after the throw and made the call. There is no way he had an angle to see if a lineman had gone downfield. Oh well the joys of HS Ref's.

GO Owls and beat Soddy Daisey.