OOOLTEWAH VS OAK RIDGE

owlfanatic

Fanatic

You are right on target. This was the deadest crowd I ever heard or not heard. If the band had not played almost non-stop there would have been no noise at all. I don't know where the group that traveled to Farragut was Friday night we made a whole lot more noise there.

As far as the game went come on guys tackle. I won't name names, but I saw to many of you turn your head right before contact and try and arm tackle up high. That ain't going to get it done as evidenced by the score. Man up and hit like you did at Farragut. Even though we lost that game too, at least we played the game. I respect Coach Monroe, but he needs to change the way he get's the plays into the game. Having the QB run over to the side line each play seems to kill us when we are behind. There were several times we would get things going, and then we would stall because not everyone was on the same page. I counted 4 times when a player had to run onto the field late, because he did not know he was in the play.

On the positive side, Brady seems to be maturing and next couple of years he should be very good. He stills needs to learn how to avoid the rush a little better, but he has made great strides since the first of the year. I still believe we can be dangerous in the playoffs. We just need to cut out the early mistakes i.e. the fumble on the first drive.

Last point, I never want to hear about Home Cooking by the referees again. We had no call go our way all night. That last Unsportsman Like Conduct call was not called for. It may have been correct by the letter of the rule book, but is generally overlooked in a tight game. The worst call was the illegal reciever down field. The line judge that made the call was 10 yards down field watching a reciever. He looked back at the line of scrimmage after the throw and made the call. There is no way he had an angle to see if a lineman had gone downfield. Oh well the joys of HS Ref's.

GO Owls and beat Soddy Daisey.

This thread makes ooltewah look and sound like a joke fans quit whining and take care of your in house problems you guys have a good program but maybe your losing your focus,go back to what got you to this point!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread makes ooltewah look and sound like a joke fans quit whining and take care of your in house problems you guys have a good program but maybe your losing your focus,go back to what got you to this point!!!

Did not mean to come across as whinny (spelling). Just giving personal observations. You are right in once since we do need to get our focus back and take care of business.

Go Owls

The penalty on the punt at the end was encroachment on the defense. I think it was #37 on the defensive end that stepped into the neutral zone early. In high school ball if you jump it's a penalty, you can't just get back on your side in timeand everythings okay. It was a tough break, a mental mistake at a bad time. It was a good ball game, I think Ootlewah can bounce back for the playoffs, it's a new beginning and I think even if OHS ended up fourth place, I think they can beat Bearden if they're focussed.

The penalty on the punt at the end was encroachment on the defense. I think it was #37 on the defensive end that stepped into the neutral zone early. In high school ball if you jump it's a penalty, you can't just get back on your side in timeand everythings okay. It was a tough break, a mental mistake at a bad time. It was a good ball game, I think Ootlewah can bounce back for the playoffs, it's a new beginning and I think even if OHS ended up fourth place, I think they can beat Bearden if they're focussed.

THANKS FOR THE INFO. WE ALSO HOPE WE CAN BOUNCE BACK. GOOD LUCK AGAISNT FARRAGUT, I THINK YOU CAN WIN IF YOU KEEP STERLING IN CHECK.

It wasn't encroachment. First of all, it was a 15-yard mark-off, not 5 (which is the amount of penalty yardage for encroachment). And, second, the signal was both arms spread out (signal for unsportsmanlike conduct) instead of both hands on hips, which is the signal for offsides/encroachment. Not whining or anything, just making a clarification.

The fans that travelled to Ootlewah wanted to know where the band was as well. Many were disappointed and concerned that NO band showed for the game, not even a pep band. Not real supportive. From what I understand that due to Fall break at OR the week of the game, no band was scheduled. Wonder if that would work for the football team?! Part of the crowd that travels with the team are band parents as well so that adds up. It was a disappointment for Oak Ridge as well. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

The fans that travelled to Ootlewah wanted to know where the band was as well. Many were disappointed and concerned that NO band showed for the game, not even a pep band. Not real supportive. From what I understand that due to Fall break at OR the week of the game, no band was scheduled. Wonder if that would work for the football team?! Part of the crowd that travels with the team are band parents as well so that adds up. It was a disappointment for Oak Ridge as well. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Sorry to hear that, but obviously your team did quite well without the encouragement of the band /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Good game, I hate that we were on the losing end, but that's football for you...any given night. For what it's worth I hope you beat Farragut's pants off. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sorry to hear that, but obviously your team did quite well without the encouragement of the band /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Good game, I hate that we were on the losing end, but that's football for you...any given night. For what it's worth I hope you beat Farragut's pants off. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It was a great game, both teams played very well, and they sure know how to make good Barbecue /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I wish Ooltewah the best the rest of season and playoffs.

As far as the Oak Ridge and Farragut game I think Oak Ridge will win big "if" the Coach keeps Tyler Clark in as QB the whole game and uses the shotgun formation like he did in the Heritage game. If Tyler gets "tired" as coach Stevens says, take him out a few plays on defense. If the coach puts David Irby in the game for the whole 2nd half, Oak Ridge will lose and lose big. Nothing against Irby, it's just Tyler seems to be more mobile and a more accurate passer.

Like this comment? [yes] [no] (Score: 0 by 0)

It was a great game, both teams played very well, and they sure know how to make good Barbecue /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I wish Ooltewah the best the rest of season and playoffs.

As far as the Oak Ridge and Farragut game I think Oak Ridge will win big "if" the Coach keeps Tyler Clark in as QB the whole game and uses the shotgun formation like he did in the Heritage game. If Tyler gets "tired" as coach Stevens says, take him out a few plays on defense. If the coach puts David Irby in the game for the whole 2nd half, Oak Ridge will lose and lose big. Nothing against Irby, it's just Tyler seems to be more mobile and a more accurate passer.

Like this comment? [yes] [no] (Score: 0 by 0)

I don't have enough knowledge to comment about the players. However, I do know that if OR plays defense like they did with us, Farragut will not be able to score often.

Good Luck Wildcats!