OOOLTEWAH VS OAK RIDGE

owlfanatic

TPoole you are right on target. Last year, we threw a little screen to Brian and we just about came back and beat Smyrna. We don't throw it nearly enough this year.

Go Owls

Thanks Hornedowl..

Here's another thought... If I were either coach.. when field position permitted.. I would soften my coverage and make it a point to get the others QB / QB's dirty early in the game.. ( I don't mean play dirty.. just get a few licks on them by bringing some heat..) This could pay dividends later by affecting their decision making...

I look for this to be a good game.. Turnovers / penalties will be key.....

tpoole12

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Hornedowl..

Here's another thought... If I were either coach.. when field position permitted.. I would soften my coverage and make it a point to get the others QB / QB's dirty early in the game.. ( I don't mean play dirty.. just get a few licks on them by bringing some heat..) This could pay dividends later by affecting their decision making...

I look for this to be a good game.. Turnovers / penalties will be key.....

tpoole12

Don't know much about OR QB's. Farragut's QB killed us when we rushed him hard. He would break containment and either run or pass for a first down. If OR's OB's are runners, we need to put a spy on them and then hit them early and often.

Owls by 7 plus.

Go Owls

I know that Ooltewah needs to bring their "A" game. It seems to me (especailly after reading threads on htis board) that both teams are "out to prove something" I hope to see the Owls come to the game with as much intensity and desire as I saw displayed against Farragut. The team was really "fired" up(so were the fans for that matter).

I believe that OR (like every other team) will be keying in on Marshall. I hope to see Coach Monroe call a few more plays in that magical playbook of his. Give OR something that they least expect, then change it up and let Marshall and Polk set the field on fire when OR is NOT expecting it. If the QB plays like he did last week, anything is possible and Ooltewah could win big. OR will be ready for us, but the Owls will manage to overcome "ALL" obstacles and win this one by 7.....it's gonna be another nail biter. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

GO OWLS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We did not make the playoffs last year, we went to the state the year before & lost. I think you are saying you are going to go all of the way, or you would not be here in the OR posts, As for us.. playoffs??? I mean playoffs? we will be lucky to win another game!

Whatever.....

So you are not one of those talk show WB fans who think you really beat Maryville?

Nope. We got beat because we didn't go for the throat and put em away with a 2-point conv. Not at all sure we would make it, but if we didn't at least we had the guts to try. If we had, Maryville would have had about a minute to kick a field goal. Since they had missed one earlier, I'm not so sure.

With everything said, at least answer this for me, Jethro.. You do hunt, you do drive a pickup, your college team is the Vols, you are not above going to the Wafflehouse, your favorite tv show is" Earl " ?

.. Psychology is a hobby of mine.

Crystal ball reading obviously isn't.

After watching ooltewah they only have the lil short kid who else stood out nobdy... so if you take marsh out wht are they going to do fold....... and there is going to be a lot of trash talkin and Oak Ridge kidds love tht type of game so were gonna see wht happens oak ridge 49-3 /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I think it is so funny all these OR fans trash talkin'. You are going to Hooterville, son. You've spotted Ooltewah 10 points on paper already.

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final

Oak Ridge 14 9 7 7 37

Ooltewah 0 7 21 14 42

Remember this box score from 2005. This had to be one of the most exciting games I have seen on any level. OR had the Owls stopped cold for the first half and then half way through the 3rd quarter, Ooltewah caused a fumble around the 30 yard line and went in to score and the game was on. At the end of 3rd OR still up by 2, Owls take the lead, then OR takes the lead back and then the Owls win in the end. I couldn't talk for 3 days.

Hoping for a similar outcome without the need for the defibrillator.

Go Owls

Slingblade

You must lighten up a little my friend. Don't let the stuff on these threads affect your karma. I will try to maintain a wiser and more mature persona but occasionally my "inner child" will come out.. ( the little dickens probably needs his -ss spanked ).... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> but we will save the psychology discussion for later. (BTW :I hope psychology is your thing, obviously math is not... If you look at the post times and can remember what time you actually wrote them you will find there is a two hour offset. Beats the h-ll out of me why that happens).. As far as WB vs Maryville..one heck of a ballgame... Maryville won.. Two missed extra points by WB. A real heartbreaker..... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> People want to argue about the last attempt but it doesn't matter now.. The game is over. WB and Maryville both played well but someone had to lose. Maybe next year..... Anyway, You've read my breakdown of your up coming game .. Whats your take ????

One last thing, you mentioned "go toe to toe " in your post.. I'm not the psychologist here but don't you think you might have some underlying problems that could be contributing to you anger issues.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I think if you would get in touch with your inner redneck you would be much happier... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Your BFF

Hayseed

I am glad you brought up my "underlying problems" If you must know, I suffer from S.W.T.T.T. here is what it means.....

"School's without tradition talking trash" It is triggered when school's like WB come in & beat my team, punch my radio guy in the head & continue to come on the OR post's.. taunting meek types like myself & others making bold statements about what OR will do & will not do..

As for the game, I think WB will win out go the the state & win. I also see a national ranking in the near future. You heard it here first..

I notice that you don't address me directly without speaking to Jethro, in the words of Leroy Mercer--- a man over in Corryton Tn, Who gave his life so that men like me could carry on in his tradition said, "What's he gonna do, hold you hand" ?