OOOLTEWAH VS OAK RIDGE

owlfanatic

Hey Jethro

Slingblade likes me better than you...NAH NA NA NA NAH NA........ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hang in there my friends..... I'll catch up in the morning...

Hayseed

Hayseed,

I had you pictured to be a lillte more mature & wiser than this "NAH NA NA NA NAH NA."....... You are taking several steps back Hayseed in my opinion, if you & Jethro want to go toe to toe with me on the posts with me that is ok,

I saw one post where you were on at 4:30 am I would continue getting up that early if you want to gab & jab with me..

Ok, hayseed.. let me ask you, In your opinion did WB really beat Maryville?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! What discussion so far. I'm a little less sanguine about our advantages over the Owls this Friday. I have thought all season that we have the potential to be very good. Believe it or not, or defense has steadily improved all season. I can't say the same for our offense. This is the week for our offense to put together a complete game. I am still looking for drives like the 1st scoring drive against DB. We mixed the run and pass well and played good ball control offensive ball. Given that the Owls, like everyone else so far, will load up the box to stop the run, we need to have a short passing game to loosen up the running game. Unlike one poster for our side, I could only wish that we were sandbagging the opposition; unfortunately the truth is not even close to that. We are an offense in search of a soul and we need to find it this week. If we show up and play focused ball, I like our chances in a close game. If we come out and sputter on offense, I think we lose by 14. Go Cats and work hard this week!

Ooltewah is pretty young on defense, but struggling like Oak Ridge is on offense, one wonders if the Wildcats are capable of taking advantage. On the flip side, the Oak Ridge defense should be better able to contain Brian Marshall than most others in Region 2. More of the load then goes to Ooltewah's SO QB, Brady Reed, who has shown a penchant for throwing INTs. The same could also be said of the Oak Ridge QBs of late. To me the most obvious keys are turnovers and getting/preventing big plays that go the distance. I hope it's as good a game as it looks to be on paper.

After watching ooltewah they only have the lil short kid who else stood out nobdy... so if you take marsh out wht are they going to do fold....... and there is going to be a lot of trash talkin and Oak Ridge kidds love tht type of game so were gonna see wht happens oak ridge 49-3 /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

After watching ooltewah they only have the lil short kid who else stood out nobdy... so if you take marsh out wht are they going to do fold....... and there is going to be a lot of trash talkin and Oak Ridge kidds love tht type of game so were gonna see wht happens oak ridge 49-3 /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Hhmmm..,..49..3: Somebody has gotten into something,that has clouded the mind,49..3 will never happen! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

49-3 /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't know what game you watched, but Ooltewah has alot more than the "lil short kid". Ooltewah will come out strong, and if we don't the second half will be a doozie.....just ask Farragut. We NEVER quit @ Farragut, and I think more than a few Farragut fans were afraid we were going to win it at the end, but that's another ballgame. The Owls might have trouble with OR's defense, but they will adjust. This is not just a ballgame to them, its their reputation. Owls will have a few tricks up their sleeve, and by the way we have 2 "lil short kids", that can run like the wind. I do hope the rain ends by Friday, or both teams are going to struggle.

49 - 3 ???? What an absurd prediction.

Owls by 7, late in the game.

Go OWLS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hayseed,

I had you pictured to be a lillte more mature & wiser than this "NAH NA NA NA NAH NA."....... You are taking several steps back Hayseed in my opinion, if you & Jethro want to go toe to toe with me on the posts with me that is ok,

I saw one post where you were on at 4:30 am I would continue getting up that early if you want to gab & jab with me..

Ok, hayseed.. let me ask you, In your opinion did WB really beat Maryville?

Slingblade

You must lighten up a little my friend. Don't let the stuff on these threads affect your karma. I will try to maintain a wiser and more mature persona but occasionally my "inner child" will come out.. ( the little dickens probably needs his -ss spanked ).... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> but we will save the psychology discussion for later. (BTW :I hope psychology is your thing, obviously math is not... If you look at the post times and can remember what time you actually wrote them you will find there is a two hour offset. Beats the h-ll out of me why that happens).. As far as WB vs Maryville..one heck of a ballgame... Maryville won.. Two missed extra points by WB. A real heartbreaker..... /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> People want to argue about the last attempt but it doesn't matter now.. The game is over. WB and Maryville both played well but someone had to lose. Maybe next year..... Anyway, You've read my breakdown of your up coming game .. Whats your take ????

One last thing, you mentioned "go toe to toe " in your post.. I'm not the psychologist here but don't you think you might have some underlying problems that could be contributing to you anger issues.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I think if you would get in touch with your inner redneck you would be much happier... /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Your BFF

Hayseed

You do hunt, you do drive a pickup, your college team is the Vols, you are not above going to the Wafflehouse, your favorite tv show is" Earl " ?

Slingblade

Why must you attack everything we hold sacred?........ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually...If you see me at the Wafflehouse you can assume that ole hayseed is one step from starvation.... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Now that I've gotten my daily diatribe with "slingblade" behind me here are some serious thoughts for consideration.

If I were either coach I would be working on ways to get their marquee backs the ball out in "air". Both are fast and can make things happen if they are out in space and after all, a short pass in reality is just a long handoff... (This is assuming they can catch.... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> )

Thoughts anyone???

Now that I've gotten my daily diatribe with "slingblade" behind me here are some serious thoughts for consideration.

If I were either coach I would be working on ways to get their marquee backs the ball out in "air". Both are fast and can make things happen if they are out in space and after all, a short pass in reality is just a long handoff... (This is assuming they can catch.... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> )

Thoughts anyone???

TPoole you are right on target. Last year, we threw a little screen to Brian and we just about came back and beat Smyrna. We don't throw it nearly enough this year.

Go Owls