OOOLTEWAH VS OAK RIDGE

owlfanatic

The game is won and lost in the trenches, and OR has the advantage there.

BIG CAT...?????

I'm sorry but you need to explain this statement... Having watched both teams I can't see how you could make this assertion.. I remeber the owl's having much more success with there offence than the cats. Could you dig out some # to back up this assertion or do we just log it as another wild --- guess??? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ( note : that is why I prefixed my earlier post with "In my opinion" and finished with " be considered a wild --- guess." ) Also you could give us just a little bit of info and have the statement upgraded the to a "SWAG". ( that is a scientific wild --- guess ) /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

bladerunners buddy aka "slingblade"

tpoole12 aka "hayseed"

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, noe that the Owl fans have had their say and a fellow 'Cat fan from OR with an English language issue, it's time for the educated OR fans and fanatics to have their say on the matter...

Was their a riot after the Farragutless game?! R-E-A-L classy...

All this talk about OR's slim/no change in the playoffs...it's all talk until you line it up. Anyone who had EVER played the game knows that. You can really tell who's been in the stands their entire lives and who ever spent the time in the trenches. I'd say 90% of these fans from Hooterville never have set foot on a football field until after the game. The game is won and lost in the trenches, and OR has the advantage there. The backfield is a wash, except for Kevin Summers - a man in the backfield that will cut down or run over any lineman/linebacker you've got. Receivers, OR has more breakout speed vs. Hooterville db's. OR's kicking game has the advantage with the kicker/punter and return team full of headhunters. OR defense will stonewall the owl's offense. In the end, too much speed and strength.

It's starting to feel like playoffs, and no repeat of 2005...

OR-35

OWLS-24

FYI....most of the people on this thread are NOT from Hooterville, so who knows if they've ever stepped foot on a football field and for that matter who cares? If you've read the post you'd know that I've said, it doesn't matter who's ever won or loss and how they played. The game is Friday night, and we'll see who walks away with a win. Regardless, I BELIEVE that Owls will come out on top after a very hard fought game, much like the one we just unfortunately lost to Farragut. Owls win by 7

As for your question about a riot after the farragut game......I don't know what you're talking about. Nothing happened as far as I saw.

Yes, OR's offense is really hitting on all cylinders right now. Those 4 first downs against WB and those 37 yards rushing against SD was really impressive.

OR peaked earlier in the season against lesser teams. OR will lose against the Owls and Farragut and limp into the playoffs.

Dont beat around the bush... Just come out and tell us what you think.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Why hello "slingblade"... This is your ole buddy Hayseed.. Hows things in nuke town? Looks like you all had a little hangover from a week ago.. recovered after half time.. hope all your prognostications come true.. now don't you go bad mouthin Ellie Mae..... Me and Jethro just love you guys... Got my other tractor fixed... If you'd ever like to get in touch with your inner redneck come on over and we'll burn some diesel.. Critique my breakdown if you'd like.. Maybe we might agree on something.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

BTW : I was invited on this thread by my good friend owlfanatic... I reckon I owe'em a dinner... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Your favorite Redneck

Hayseed

Hayseed my friend,

You can post here anytime, I like you & you have class, I think Jethro may have fell out of his deerstand, or slipped on some backer juice, Bumped his head on his gun @@@@, I could go on all day, but I will not, because I like you Hayseed, you put some thought into your posts. You aren't here to offend. I would love to talk more but I have a few questions for our Banjo playing friend Jethro..

Slingblade..

Slingblade, slingblade, slingblade. I'm happy to know that you are policing the boards for me. Makes me feel special!

BTW, I consider Owlfanatic, even though we've tussled a few times on the boards, a friend of mine. He asked a question about the game and since I've seen both teams play, thought I'd jump in with some analysis.

Glad to know I can still get your goat. Or Hayseed's. Or whoever has the darn thing this week.

I think what you are saying is that William Blount will go to the state & win is what I am hearing.. Ok..

We choked against you, it is a win win for me, I am not pleased with the coach we chose here anyway letting our players gangster walk , that may be ok at AE . But I don't like it. Are you a TN Vol fan Jethro?if so, you know what it means to choke, hey I just realized you probably wear that orange hunting as well:) Jethro unlike all of the defenseless animals you shoot in the wild we here at OR fire back,

I would like to hear you at least tell me that the field goal at the Maryville game was good. Please tell me that.

Hayseed my friend,

You can post here anytime, I like you & you have class, I think Jethro may have fell out of his deerstand, or slipped on some backer juice, Bumped his head on his gun @@@@, I could go on all day, but I will not, because I like you Hayseed, you put some thought into your posts. You aren't here to offend. I would love to talk more but I have a few questions for our Banjo playing friend Jethro..

Slingblade..

Hey Jethro

Slingblade likes me better than you...NAH NA NA NA NAH NA........ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hang in there my friends..... I'll catch up in the morning...

Hayseed

I think what you are saying is that William Blount will go to the state & win is what I am hearing.. Ok..

Never said it. Look back at all the posts. I think we have potential to go far in the playoffs, but that is as far as I will say until things start settling out.

We choked against you, it is a win win for me, I am not pleased with the coach we chose here anyway letting our players gangster walk , that may be ok at AE . But I don't like it.

See, that's where you and I are different. I support my coach. You guys have lost game. And you are turning against him? How many did you lose last year? Weren't you out of the playoffs last year? I think your coach might be making a team in OR.

Jethro unlike all of the defenseless animals you shoot in the wild we here at OR fire back,

well, with blanks, anyway.

I would like to hear you at least tell me that the field goal at the Maryville game was good. Please tell me that.

First off, it wasn't a field goal ... it was a point after.Secondly, I thought we shouldn't have tried for 1, we should have tried for two. Our kicker has been having trouble all season and had missed earlier in the game. I thought we go for the throat and go for two.Now, you better watch out, or your gonna make Hayseed mad. He handles my dirty work.

Hey JethroSlingblade likes me better than you...NAH NA NA NA NAH NA........ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Hang in there my friends..... I'll catch up in the morning...Hayseed

Jethro's gonna cry, now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Never said it. Look back at all the posts. I think we have potential to go far in the playoffs, but that is as far as I will say until things start settling out.See, that's where you and I are different. I support my coach. You guys have lost game. And you are turning against him? How many did you lose last year? Weren't you out of the playoffs last year? I think your coach might be making a team in OR.well, with blanks, anyway.First off, it wasn't a field goal ... it was a point after.Secondly, I thought we shouldn't have tried for 1, we should have tried for two. Our kicker has been having trouble all season and had missed earlier in the game. I thought we go for the throat and go for two.Now, you better watch out, or your gonna make Hayseed mad. He handles my dirty work.Jethro's gonna cry, now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We did not make the playoffs last year, we went to the state the year before & lost. I think you are saying you are going to go all of the way, or you would not be here in the OR posts, As for us.. playoffs??? I mean playoffs? we will be lucky to win another game!

So you are not one of those talk show WB fans who think you really beat Maryville?

With everything said, at least answer this for me, Jethro.. You do hunt, you do drive a pickup, your college team is the Vols, you are not above going to the Wafflehouse, your favorite tv show is" Earl " ?

.. Psychology is a hobby of mine.