Ooltewah Players: On or Off Team?

RimRocker

Oh yeah IMANOWL believe me we know how fine and upstanding Mr. Foster and Coach Monroe are. Not the first time at Cleveland or Ooltewah that a player has been in trouble and allowed to play so ole Benny could win. Just like he said in the paper no big deal just a misdemeanor!! I guess it takes a felony to get in trouble in Owl land /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to believe that MOST school administrators and coaches would choose NOT to have ANY student representing their school on the field/court who has been charged with a crime. At the very least, these players should be suspended from the team until they answer their charges. The whole situation between the Ooltewah players and the folks beat up at Ridgeland is extremely sad.

HELLO FOOTBALLFAN999!!!!!!!!! i see you took my advice and went and changed your name, the thing is you gotta stop posting about Ooltewah and the fight. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

HELLO FOOTBALLFAN999!!!!!!!!! i see you took my advice and went and changed your name, the thing is you gotta stop posting about Ooltewah and the fight. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

2seam, I promise you that is not me. And this will be my last post on this topic. But, I want to clear up any misconceptions on how I see this. I will agree with you that these may be good kids that made a mistake. I think at this point I am more upset with the admin for not meting out some discernable sort of punishment. That has left many on here to think that it was ignored. I will also acknowledge that this hasn't been a fun few weeks for those kids. I do wonder if they had sat out a game or two if the sheriff would still have brought charges. I don't know, because he has all the facts and I don't. I don't necessarily feel that they should be kicked off the team. I know some of those kids have plans to play after HS. Any anger in my previous posts was directed only to some of the OOtlewah posters and not at these kids. I will try to do a better job of keeping my emotions in check and get to the point.

noticed this at the bottom of an olltewah fans post

www.ooltewahfootball.com

Just Shut up and HIT somebody!

now that is ironic and funny considering the situation

who say kids don't listen anymore /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

2seam, I promise you that is not me. And this will be my last post on this topic. But, I want to clear up any misconceptions on how I see this. I will agree with you that these may be good kids that made a mistake. I think at this point I am more upset with the admin for not meting out some discernable sort of punishment. That has left many on here to think that it was ignored. I will also acknowledge that this hasn't been a fun few weeks for those kids. I do wonder if they had sat out a game or two if the sheriff would still have brought charges. I don't know, because he has all the facts and I don't. I don't necessarily feel that they should be kicked off the team. I know some of those kids have plans to play after HS. Any anger in my previous posts was directed only to some of the OOtlewah posters and not at these kids. I will try to do a better job of keeping my emotions in check and get to the point.

i never said any of the kids were good or bad, i know who ever hit the girl and her brother deserve everything they get, theres just a big difference in running your mouth and beatin up a girl/brother!!!!! dont hate the whole place for a couple of kids actions thats not the way everyone is up there and i m sure your smart enuf 2 realize that. i dont judge the whole state of Georgia over a problem i had with somebody in Ringgold. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Are you kidding me, this is no way similar to the Duke situation. THis was investigated for months prior to these last set of charges, so do not give us this Duke response.

Months? You make it sound like it happened last year or something.

As to "no way similar to the Duke situation" how do you figure? Boys being kicked off the team due to charges..... charges.... of inappropriate behavior. No one stood up for them until they had their day in court. Then they were found innocent.

Listen here, lookerr2255, I've not been kind to the Ooltewah boys. You can find a whole passel of posts where I think a) they had absolutely no business being down there at the game, b ) they should have had some supervision from the coach and/or others on what normally would have been game night, c) Monroe should have come out and done something, anything, as punishment for looking for them looking for trouble, but it should have been done as a team-rule violation, and d) the players probably cost their team an embarassing skunking at the hands of WB.

However, now that the dust has settled, they have only been charged. (Just like the Duke boys). They were charged with inciting a riot. That charge may stick, but I think it is hard to prove. Kicking them off the team for a charge that might not stick can ruin their last few games, and doesn't seem fair to me. Just ask the Duke boys, who never finished their year in sports based on allegations and a zealous prosecutor.

Now I'm not talking about the ones who physically started a fight with the 17-year-old and his sister. That player (I think there was only one player) should be kicked off the team (think he was) and the book should be thrown at him.

But the remainder were charged with incitement.

Months? You make it sound like it happened last year or something.

As to "no way similar to the Duke situation" how do you figure? Boys being kicked off the team due to charges..... charges.... of inappropriate behavior. No one stood up for them until they had their day in court. Then they were found innocent.

Listen here, lookerr2255, I've not been kind to the Ooltewah boys. You can find a whole passel of posts where I think a) they had absolutely no business being down there at the game, b ) they should have had some supervision from the coach and/or others on what normally would have been game night, c) Monroe should have come out and done something, anything, as punishment for looking for them looking for trouble, but it should have been done as a team-rule violation, and d) the players probably cost their team an embarassing skunking at the hands of WB.

However, now that the dust has settled, they have only been charged. (Just like the Duke boys). They were charged with inciting a riot. That charge may stick, but I think it is hard to prove. Kicking them off the team for a charge that might not stick can ruin their last few games, and doesn't seem fair to me. Just ask the Duke boys, who never finished their year in sports based on allegations and a zealous prosecutor.

Now I'm not talking about the ones who physically started a fight with the 17-year-old and his sister. That player (I think there was only one player) should be kicked off the team (think he was) and the book should be thrown at him.

But the remainder were charged with incitement.

Thank you for your support. We are not judge and jury. To condemn these boys is just wrong. If even one of you "knew" these boys you'd know how heartbroken we all are over this.For the most part, these are good boys Especially Brian Marshall, he is ine of the sweetest, most respectful kids I know.

As for your points, here are my answers

a)you are absolutely right, they had no business being there.

2) not so sure I agree with you. Do other coaches supervise their "boys" on OPEN nights, I don't think so. The boys were hanging out (in the WRONG place)

c)He DID, just because punishment was not made public, don't assume nothing was done, it WAS.

d)we definitely got skunked, and while I will not use that as an excuse ,it definitely played a BIG factor in that game. Our heads and outr hearts were definitely not in that game.

Also the two who were in the fight, had already been kicked off the team, long before this situation happened. I'll pray for them, but they get what they deserve, and hopefully it will be a lifelong lesson for them.

Thank you for your support. We are not judge and jury. To condemn these boys is just wrong. If even one of you "knew" these boys you'd know how heartbroken we all are over this.For the most part, these are good boys Especially Brian Marshall, he is ine of the sweetest, most respectful kids I know.

As for your points, here are my answers

a)you are absolutely right, they had no business being there.

2) not so sure I agree with you. Do other coaches supervise their "boys" on OPEN nights, I don't think so. The boys were hanging out (in the WRONG place)

c)He DID, just because punishment was not made public, don't assume nothing was done, it WAS.

d)we definitely got skunked, and while I will not use that as an excuse ,it definitely played a BIG factor in that game. Our heads and outr hearts were definitely not in that game.

Also the two who were in the fight, had already been kicked off the team, long before this situation happened. I'll pray for them, but they get what they deserve, and hopefully it will be a lifelong lesson for them.

Out of all my issues on my prior post, b ) was probably stretching it. I am somewhat surprised they didn't organize something like dinner together like most teams do the night before or at least break up into groups and visit upcoming teams to learn a little about future opponents. But again, it was my least "point".

Out of all my issues on my prior post, b ) was probably stretching it. I am somewhat surprised they didn't organize something like dinner together like most teams do the night before or at least break up into groups and visit upcoming teams to learn a little about future opponents. But again, it was my least "point".

this is high school football not college, why would they get together the off night and eat dinner??????? i know what your getting at but thats stretching it a little, now i wish that would of happened but all could be avoided if they wouldve just acted a little more mature.

this is high school football not college, why would they get together the off night and eat dinner??????? i know what your getting at but thats stretching it a little, now i wish that would of happened but all could be avoided if they wouldve just acted a little more mature.

My comparison was what a lot of teams do on Thursday night.

Next topic: no has really answered..... why does Ooltewah play only 9 games this year vs. 10 for everyone else?

local news report says Bennie made them run laps and do community service.

Several of them have still not turned themselves in. Can kids just come to school when they have a known warrant for their arrest? They still practice with the team with a warrant? Doesn't make since to me.