Ooltewah Players: On or Off Team?

RimRocker

I have to believe that MOST school administrators and coaches would choose NOT to have ANY student representing their school on the field/court who has been charged with a crime. At the very least, these players should be suspended from the team until they answer their charges. The whole situation between the Ooltewah players and the folks beat up at Ridgeland is extremely sad.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to believe that MOST school administrators and coaches would choose NOT to have ANY student representing their school on the field/court who has been charged with a crime. At the very least, these players should be suspended from the team until they answer their charges. The whole situation between the Ooltewah players and the folks beat up at Ridgeland is extremely sad.

I'm not sure about this one ... being charged for a crime does not mean they are guilty of the crime. Look at all the stuff that happened with the Duke lacrosse players. Seems like a similar situation to me.

It's a difficult situation all the way around. If you suspend the kids, and they turn out to be falsely accused them you may have ruinned the kids senior season and attached a stygmatism to them. If you let him play and he turns out to be guilty you come off like a win at all cost school. I'm sure the final resolution will be tied up until after the season is over, so it may be a lose/lose situation.

Our courts say that you are considered innocent until proven guilty. Let them handle it and like they say at Oak Ridge games "Let's play some football". If you win or lose it's to a better team. Period!

So it takes a conviction in order for a coach to remove a player from a team? I've known a lot of players who were suspended or kicked off teams that did not commit any crimes but simply violated team rules. Not sure what the coach thinks in the Ooltewah case but since he know the players and the facts of what happened he should be given the benefit of a doubt. But, to say it should be decided by the courts is not necessarily true. Playing football is not a right protected by the Constitution.

Well of course it's a excellent post since your a owl fan.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is sad to see a good team with these problems. Does this kind of behavior run in the fan base at the games as well ?

I say this because we are playing judge and jury.!!!!! THIS is the exact reason for the situation to begin with! Everyone needs to stop taking the situation "into their own hands". Maybe if our boys had thought this way they would have never ended up in Ridgeland in the first place. They made a mistake, they will pay the price. You know nothing of the punsihment at our school, so all I'm saying is that the rest is up to the courts......not people on this board. As for our fan base we will continue to support our team, as we always have. It does not mean we condone or overlook anything. That is an assumption on your part. This will be my last post regarding this. What happens will happen.

You know nothing of the punsihment at our school, so all I'm saying is that the rest is up to the courts.....

What exactly is the punishment at your school? Like cleaning up trash or something? Farragut kids get to do that to make up time from missing school. Not for actually getting in trouble. In school suspension? I mean enlighten us so we know to not make a mistake and assume they are not being punished. Just saying they are being punished doesn't really mean they are actually being punished.... We need facts with examples... like Yes they are being punished they get to (insert punishment here)...

I'm not sure about this one ... being charged for a crime does not mean they are guilty of the crime. Look at all the stuff that happened with the Duke lacrosse players. Seems like a similar situation to me.

Are you kidding me, this is no way similar to the Duke situation. THis was investigated for months prior to these last set of charges, so do not give us this Duke response.

These kids are being charged for not leaving the school when asked. These kids did leave the school and in the parking lot on their way out there was a fight that accurred.... They had video of the fight and there were only 2 kids from Ooltewah that were in it. They were taking care of 3-4 weeks ago. The other players did nothing. Did not lay a hand on anyone. I honestly think this case will be thrown out.... These kids have been punished for their actions and have learned from their mistakes. There are to many people on here that does not know the situation that accusing the administration and coaching staff of not doing their job. If you knew Mr. Foster "Ooltewah's principal" you would know that he doesn't cover anything up. He is very strict on students and has done a great job at Ooltewah. People need not to jump to conclusions...