Peabody at JCS

JaxMan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what makes high school football so interesting...anything can happen on Friday night...I heard from Coach Scott that Trenton had chnces last week but blew them with turnovers...I think Peabody is a strong team and if they take care of the ball would be a hand full for anyone...Harper is so good...but unlike manys claims on here last week...he is certainly not a one man team...he is surrounded by alot of other good players...#8 ran hard all night tonight...#34 had so many big plays on defense...corners played well...Spoke with Harper after the game and he seems like a classy kid...very polite and head on straight...best of luck to him and the rest of the team

You can't say JCS wasn't ready for 2a cofo...anything can happen on any given Friday night...Peabody is good as shown, however JCS isn't bad at all...It shows to meet listening to people at the game talk on 97.7 tonight than Trenton was hitting on all cylinders and obviously JCS wasn't up to par tonight...Congrats to Peabody and Good Luck to both teams in the playoffs!!!

HORRIBLE!!! Worst news EVER tonight!!! Word is Antone Cunningham is out with a broke ankle!!!! Not for sure but that was the word floating around the game...I didn't see him come out after halftime and didn't get to see him after the game...He was either in the field house heating and icing or at the ER....For the game we lost 42-7...Our backfield was done by all Freshman....Chase Arnold at RB (Dustin Haberle #8 rotated in) and Lee Whitaker at QB...They looked good!!! We have a young team with only 2 people on Offense being a Senior and the being Antone at RB and CJ Vincent at WR

JCS got a reminder tonight about the difference between 1A and 2A football...42-7...

Peabody is a great team that executed their gameplan flawlessly. Kendall Harper is the best player in the region without a doubt and deserving of Mr. Football consideration. He's the best player I've seen in years. Fast. Smart. Their line is solid. I think it was 34 or 31 that was a beast on defense. He batted down 2 or 3 passes. If Peabody plays like tonight they can beat just about anybody.

As for the comment above I guess our little boys wuz jus lucky to be 6-2 coming into the game. I guess they've just been in the Twilight Zone for the last 8 weeks. Thank you for reminding us of the difference between 1-A and 2-A. I guess that was the point of the evening, the reason Peabody would risk injury to their franchise player when the game was long decided and have him heave a 26 yard touchdown pass just to make sure that JCS was reminded of the DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 1-A AND 2-A.

What's the point of a stupid comment like that 9 weeks into the season? The way Peabody played tonight they could have beaten most 3, 4 and 5 A schools.

JCS makes no excuses... Tonight wasn't about the difference between 1-A and 2-A. Two teams, two proven good 2-A teams, lined up and played a game: Peabody and JCS. On this night Peabody kicked JCS' tail. Period. That should suffice. (The difference between 1-A and 2-A argument went out the door after the first region game against Westview)

Besides that I've never understood that argument. It sounds like JCS chose to go into 2-A and came in all cocky or something. Which they've never done.