Peabody at JCS

JaxMan

Plus JCS is predominantly a passing team & rain will hurt the passing some.

I just don`t see it that way. IMO as long as the QB can grip and throw the ball normally and a wet ball doesn`t effect the recievers ability to catch the ball then the offense has the advantage. The reason behind that is the receivers know when and where they will make their cuts. The defenders are the ones that I think would have a tougher time keeping their footing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don`t see it that way. IMO as long as the QB can grip and throw the ball normally and a wet ball doesn`t effect the recievers ability to catch the ball then the offense has the advantage. The reason behind that is the receivers know when and where they will make their cuts. The defenders are the ones that I think would have a tougher time keeping their footing.

That is a very good point. Good job Volunteer General! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don`t see it that way. IMO as long as the QB can grip and throw the ball normally.....

True, but a wet ball was a ball handling issue on a wet field vs Martin Westview. Hopefully it won't be this week. The good news is that JCS did a better job of running the ball against USJ. Hopefully that will become a trend.

I just left the JCS-USJ soccer game at Union. Rained the whole game. Girls generally went swimming in the ponds in two of the four corners. It appeared tonight and at our other soccer game this week that a wet sloppy field may narrow the gap in athleticism between teams. Maybe that will be the case tomorrow night and we'll have a better shot at tackling the Peabody ball carriers....

If you are unable to make it to this game, Jackson's best and most consistant coverage of JCS football will be on Newsradio 1390, WTJS. This game will also be available on an internet simulcast at www.wtjs.com. Our pre-game show begins at 6:30pm and the kickoff is scheduled for 7pm. Stan Gerard and Jimmy Butler will provide the coverage.

Newsradio 1390, WTJS, is the official broadcast outlet for JCS football.

I beleive that JCS will continue to build on the excellent offensive performance that they demonstrated last week. The rain is outta here and the ball should be flying around. Hudson also proved last week what I have expected all along: THAT HE CAN BE A DOMINATE FORCE RUNNING THE FOOTBALL. Perkins and Grizzell both had great games last week and made several catches that players on my team when I played at Lambuth couldn't make. If the trio mentioned above can combine to perform like they did last week the offense will be in great shape. The Eagle defense will need to continue to play hard tonight as they have carried this team for much of the year. I have been amazed at how well they have done stopping the running game of teams that are twice their size. I love the heart of this team and the fact that they never slow down for 48 minutes. Eagles by 14...