Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheMagician

You knew it was coming. My personal picks:

AAA: Brentwood

A/AA: Greenbrier

Division II-AA: Father Ryan

Division II-A: Harding (not even close)

Bring 'em!

Agree with Harding. They would be in contention if they played 2-AA.

As for D2-AA, I think it will be a two or three horse race (Ryan, Hutchison, and GPS). I say whoever win the Wednesday night match is the overwhelming favorite.

Ok, I'll bite. Predictions and very honestly, not seeing most of these teams play means I wouldn't place any bets on them:

AAA - Bwood, Ooltewah and Cent, DB advance with Ooltewah losing to Bwood in the finals.

A/AA - Greenbrier, AC and KC, Page advance with KC losing to Greenbrier

D2 (and I don't know if it's AA or A but) - Father Ryan and GPS in the finals with GPS winning.

Agree with Harding. They would be in contention if they played 2-AA.

As for D2-AA, I think it will be a two or three horse race (Ryan, Hutchison, and GPS). I say whoever win the Wednesday night match is the overwhelming favorite.

IN DII-AA Hutch and FRHS win the first matches. ECS beats GPS in the loser's match. Hutch beats FRHS in the winners match Wednesday night. ECS beats FRHS in the rubber match and Hutch beats ECS in the final.

Now I'll stand back and wait for the fireworks. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

IN DII-AA Hutch and FRHS win the first matches. ECS beats GPS in the loser's match. Hutch beats FRHS in the winners match Wednesday night. ECS beats FRHS in the rubber match and Hutch beats ECS in the final.

Now I'll stand back and wait for the fireworks. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Whoo Boy, Here is the way it will go tomorrow. Father Ryan will beat ECS 3-0, or 3-1. GPS, Hutchinson will be won by GPS by a 3-2 score. Ryan and GPS too close to call, but Ryan squeaks out a win 3-2. Hutchinson will then beat ECS. Hutchinson and GPS square off on Thursday with Hutchinson squeaking out the win. Finals Ryan and Hutchinson where Hutch has to beat Ryan two times to win the title, ain't gonna happen. The tournament may not go this way at all, but one thing I know, there is no way on earth that Hutchinson and ECS will be in the finals. If that happens, I will burn my overallls in the MTSU parking lot. My new pair at that. Heck, I'll even buy Biggggggggggggggg Daddddddddddddddddddddddddddy a pair of spandex. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Im game....

AAA Brentwood over OOteWalh in the Finals

AA/A Greenbrier over AC (in 3 both times)

Division-2 (BIG) FRHS over Hutch (this is the best tourney to follow by far)

Division-2 (small) Harding will not lose a game. If they play well enough they may not give up 10 in a game.

Just my Opinion

AAA-Brentwood

AA/A-KC

DIIAA-Hutchison

DIIA-Harding

Im game....

AAA Brentwood over OOteWalh in the Finals

AA/A Greenbrier over AC (in 3 both times)

Division-2 (BIG) FRHS over Hutch (this is the best tourney to follow by far)

Division-2 (small) Harding will not lose a game. If they play well enough they may not give up 10 in a game.

Just my Opinion

AAA-Brentwood

AA/A-KC

DIIAA-Hutchison

DIIA-Harding

Not sure Hutchinson will make it to the finals. GPS soundly defeated them today. Appears Ryan and GPS in finals with the Lady Irish taking back to back titles. Please refer back to my earlier post, this may help you with your predictions in the future. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Guest TheChosenOne

Not sure Hutchinson will make it to the finals. GPS soundly defeated them today. Appears Ryan and GPS in finals with the Lady Irish taking back to back titles. Please refer back to my earlier post, this may help you with your predictions in the future. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Beat them? Yes. Soundly? Absolutely not! Watched the nightcap, and much like our game, cant figure out why GPS continually got away with lift after lift. Maybe they only enforce that rule in Memphis.

Beat them? Yes. Soundly? Absolutely not! Watched the nightcap, and much like our game, cant figure out why GPS continually got away with lift after lift. Maybe they only enforce that rule in Memphis.

Based simply on the scores I would have to agree, "soundly" is inaccurate. Going to 4 with an average margin of 4 points is by no means a run-away win. However, get over the refs. I wasn't there so I can't argue one way or the other, but the surest way to make sure "poor" officiating doesn't cost you a game is pretty basic; play better. Instead of complaining about calls you don't agree with, spend your time and energy encouraging your team to work harder and win next time instead of giving them a built in excuse to lose the next one. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I find this interesting because the one thing that we really struggled with last year at state (and Bekah can attest to this as her sister was the setter) is that they overcalled the lift and/or double hit on the sets. Middle TN refs are reknowned for calling stricter than our West TN refs. Maybe "overcalled" is not the correct term, but it greatly put a damper on some of our rallys.

Not to get into a big debate about it but I'm just curious about what you are seeing a s a"lift" (and I did not see the match, so I have no clue)? Is it on serve / receive? Are you really talking about "double" hits? Is it possible to give an example of a play, where you felt a "lift" should have been called?

Announcements