Obion County Central

LU_the_Eagle

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about consistency at OCCHS.. The Rebels have played one of the toughest schedules in the area this season and will also play one of the toughest schedules in the area next season.. The new coaching staff has worked hard and the young men on the field continue to put in the work and have left everything on the field.. No one is at fault here and nothing can be done to change it overnight. This process, as others have stated on here, will take time.. It'll be refreshing though if folks gave support instead of being critical just because someone is playing too much or not playing as much as they think.. It's very comical to hear so-called coaches in the stands who think they know what should be done instead of the coaches who've done this for a while.. make sure to be supportive and remember always- the Bottom line is - it's all about the kids and those young men who wear the Rebel uniform each and every Friday night.. Best of luck to OC the rest of the way!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

redbirdfan hit the nail on the head...CONSISTENCY....It's something that has plagued a few of the teams at OC....People figure if you can turn the program around at OC you can turn anything around...That's why other programs go after some of their more successful coaches...

I agree with ucdiditagain...the administration should have gone after Paul Decker...As long as the former principal was there Paul wasn't even going to be considered though..Politics...Paul would have given the program some consistency in that he is an OC graduate and has coached there for years...He knew all the players and they love him..He also knows most of the younger kids in the junior high system...Paul bleeds Red,White and Blue and I think would have made a great head coach at OC....

OC has all the tools to be a winner,they have tough hard-nosed kids...They have the facilities...They just need to have somebody to stay there more than 4 years at a time...I know Bowling knew what he had coming back...He didn't have region title contending material,but he could have competed for a playoff spot,especially since the region is down in overall talent than in years past....I think Driggers had some kids quit for one reason or another and he had to start all over again in as much he didn't know the kids that were there at all....He probably worked the kids harder than what they were used to...Not saying Bowling didn't have tough practices,but he is far from a task-master....Not to mention these kids had to learn a completely different scheme offensively and defensively....

OC has never had what you would call a winning program or a football tradition rich program so anytime you have a guy that has won a playoff game and another winning season in the 4 he was there you need to do anything you can to keep him....

i completely agree...but ive seen OC play a couple times this year, and the one thing i saw that was consistent what the style of play. it has changed since last year, the kids are ALL playing flat. they have no emotion. every now and again i saw a bright spot, but that lasted a good few seconds and it was over. its almost as if the kids dont want to be out there. thats just what i saw, im an OC alumni, and i cant wait to see them bounce back. GO REBELS!!

Well, in years like these it's hard for a team to get excited about anything...OC will be alright in a few years.. The QB is only a Sophomore am I not correct?? If so It'll take him time to get into the swing of live game action but will be fine...OC seems to have a young team this year...a little more knowledge of the Offense and Defense by next year should put them back on the upswing

What went wrong, you ask. Everything.

OC graduates a very talented bunch, then Darren Bowling leaves and Logan Parker transfers to Dyersburg.

It's back to the drawing board with a new coach and entire new coaching staff.

Then Eric Knott leaves and goes to take the Dresden head position (which he can't be blamed for).

Tack on a schedule of 10 difficult games and that's what went wrong. Things will have to get better though, they can't get much worse. Now, the waiting game to see if any good from this season carries over to next year.