Obion County Central

LU_the_Eagle

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New coach, new Offense, young players....give 'em a few years and they'll be back to competing..

I would agree but I think it may be a little more complicated than that. I went to a couple games this year and they ran a different offense each time I saw them. My experience in football tells me that they should choose a plan and stick with it. Persistence is the only way to achieve success.

The Rebels WILL bounce back ! There were a lot of emotional issues involved this year. I mean your Head Coach leaves for greener pastures. then........ your Field General goes with him. I cant blame the QB look what a program he went to, but .......... issues like these have an emotional impact on your team. Then you factor in a tough loss or two & things just go down hill! The Rebels have always been "salty" to put it mildly. The WILL be back with a vengance just give 'em time! Every team goes through reloading / rebuilding years & that is just what is going on @ OCCHS. any team they face in '08 had best not count 'em as an automatic "W".But it might take a little time as well. Best of luck Rebels.

First, your dealing with young kids, 14, 15 , 16, 17 & 18 year olds. These kids, Seniors for sure, have been through sooo much over their 4 year span. Then you throw in the coaching situation. A coach stays for 1 to 4 years and moves on. I REALLY beleive, that if a coach would stay at O C H S for a longer period of time, you would be looking at a REALLY good football program year in and year out.

As long as new coaches comes in in the spans they are, the program will never get over the hill so to speak. I am a Union City / Obion County fan. We all have to realize that each time a coach leaves or goes with another program, now these kids know things will change on their part as well.

I for one, think they should have offered the Coaching Job to Paul Decker. Loacl guy, knows the system, born and raised in Obion County, sees the kids coming through the Junior High Programs, knows their parents well, played sports with these kids parents, and went through the O C program himself. Kids will play for people like this guy. He is a friend of mine and think the world of his family. Paul woud have and would be a guy to stay to the end. I beleive in hiring within and local folks.

As for examples, look at the past ( 4 ) four coaches at least that the Rebels have hired.....all from somewhere else and didn't know the folks here or the kids or the county for that matter.

I hate to see any kid work hard everyday in practice a to come away with a "L" when the clock says 0:00 at the end of the game. These kids work just as hard if not harder than programs that win Friday Night in or out.

You wanted some discussion, well that was mine.

Supporter of the Union City & Obion County Sports and Educational Programs.

I'm sure Central has a lot of talent....but playing Dyersburg,Dyer Co,Crockett Co,Haywood..etc. would probably have a lot of teams asking what went wrong!

Totally agreed........Hard to rebuild any type of football program when you are looking down the tunnel at the Region Obion County has to play in. Even when they play down it is hard to win sometimes.

Not a good situation either way you look at it. It would be really hard to go and practice knowing the possiblilties of getting beat that Friday night are pretty good.

tough deal....for all associated with it.