Obion County Central

LU_the_Eagle

The intensity left when Coach Decker left. That man might have been one of the best motivators I have ever been around. Now as far as Diggers, you cannot compare him to Bowling because they came in with two totally different situations. When Bowling came in it was after Chris Hill left, who deserves A LOT of the credit for help turning around the OCCHS program (as does Bowling). Hill brought discipline and attention to the smallest detail when it came to the program, and showed the kids what a hard working attitude can do. They began to have success and brought excitement to OCCHS. Then he leaves (went to Ark, and took a struggling program to the state championship in two years...good job running him off), and Bowling steps in. Bowling brings a more caring approach with a little less discipline and less attention to detail, but was not bad and did a good job. Both had offenses that the team could take in as their own for they were the only ones around doing it. With a combination of Hill's and Bowling's hard work it produced the best season in OCCHS history. After that group left, OCCHS put up big numbers, and Bowling always had them able to compete but the Rebels never could catch a break to get a vicotry. I don't think we have made the playoffs after the 2nd round playoff season....So now diggers has the tough task that Hill had when he came. Give him time; the program was not turned around in a year...Good Luck Rebels, and Good Luck to Coach Bowling at Dyersburg I wish you the best.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost did not respond to this, but here goes. What went wrong? Well nothing as far as the team that OC puts on the field every Friday night. The Rebs lost 16 seniors, GOOD seniors, and returned very few players with much playing time. Coach Bowling left, as did a two year starter at QB. Alot went wrong prior to the season starting. But the group of young men that take the field for OC, and the coaching staff have worked hard, and been a classy bunch to cover. This is a young team, that will get better. No the win column does not look like anyone at OC wanted it to, nothing went wrong as far as the fine group of players and coaches that represent OC each week.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good post VOREBS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> The one thing that gets lost in the win/loss column is the heart and character of young men and this particular Senior class at OCCHS may not end their high school careers on a high note but they've set an example with hard work, determination and dedication to the OC football program that will never be forgotten by those that are close to the Rebel program..

good luck guys next week in your final game at Brighton..