Knox Karns @ Science Hill

topvol98

The only one on the whole team? Prep school? What about Trent, Duanah, Joslin, Hamilton and Fields? Certainly T. Hill has a good shot at college ball, but to say he is the only one?? You haven't seen many games have you? I totally disagree!

The Hill,

I think 1bigg meant D1A and D1AA college ball. Although I believe Trent has a good shot at D1A-AA and Duanah does too, even though Duanah hasn't had a good senior season. Maybe even Fields could go D1AA. Just my opinion.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DI A or AA athletes are a totally different caliber! You can't just be the best on the toppers, or the best in the Tri, the best in Upper East TN, East Tennessee, or even Tennessee for that matter.

Do not get me wrong! I love the TOPPERS and am usually optimistic when it comes to the boys but reality is reality!

Usually when you think of kids that have the ability to go D1 you think of kids that can control a game one side of the ball or the other. If not then you are saying the kids they have played are all D1 material (you know what I amsaying?) If the kids you listed were D1 material they would be able to turn a ball game around! Hill at slot with a slot reverse or counter or even yards ofter the catch OR now with QB anything!, SD at TB with anything! Joslin staying on blocks so SD can break it or again yards after the catch. Fields killing kids and making it to the second level on blocks! Trent shutting down an offenses (everything) that is how he should be daring teams to do anything especially from tackle to tackle and 10 yards back (it should be on lock), creating turnovers and stuff. Hamilton just punishing LBs and then making QBs cry.

These boys do have size and maybe that is why you think they should make it. I just think that (well I know that) a kid that goes D1 can win a game - no matter what the people around him are doing. He reaches down deep and does not stop until the last whistle (even if he is going both ways!) He will not be stopped! In the heat of the battle he does not make mistakes especially if he is a 1 way-er.

I know there are times when you make mistakes.

Qualities of studs:

QBs rally a team and know how to read a D, WRs make catches and then get yards after, RBs carry the ball and keep their feet moving, OL put people on their backs (pancake is what they call it), MLBs go to war to punish people and take their will to fight away, and DL punishes the QB.

Fields can go anywhere with his size but how is his work ethic? He will probably have a better chance getting in the line up early at D2. (I was talking about skill players) Linemen are a totally different breed of cat, He will have to go to a combine and show the scouts something - he is, however, on the lighter side of things.

SD will be competing with thousands of 1000+ rushers that are 5'11'' and taller; run faster than 4.8s and have 0 fumbles on the season (now realistically - you tell me his chances) He would probably be better off getting a track scholarship and walking on the FB team.

Trent will probably get good D2 money and play special teams 2 years and get in the line up then get good pt the last two years (If he red-shirts he will play STs for 1 year and then may get in the lineup)

I really have not seen Joslin's speed but his size will get him in a good D2, but who knows. Everyone I have ever spoken to says he's the best of the Joslins but I have not seen it.

Corey Hamilton will probably be about the same. Get some D2 money maybe even have to walk on his 1st year.

I personally would LOVE to see them all play college ball (1. because of the experience and 2. it helps pay for the education). I would LOVE to watch them on the ole' tele and say hey those boys are from my town!

I also think it is going to take more people that have been on that level helping these local boys develop into the players they can be. This may have been a lot of BABEL but I think there was some good stuff mixed in. LOL!