Knox Karns @ Science Hill

topvol98

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that anything is being simplified but I do know that the intent is to focus on winning this game with the kids who are wanting to be a part of the team. The circumstances heading into this game were unfortunate and embarassing and while not trying to minimize anything there is fault to spread around on both sides of those involved and with administrators at the school. You will probably see the qb who gives the team the best chance to win this week of the available players. While what happen was wrong and there is no reason for it to take place, I have to question the reaction to it.

Available Players? Are there more than one player gone? It looked like the numbers were down at practice yesterday. Thanks

Available Players? Are there more than one player gone? It looked like the numbers were down at practice yesterday. Thanks

We will win the Karns game and shock NET Nov 2 at Fred J. If people are going to leave the program, I say let them go. The program will be fine. This to shall pass and winning will cure a lot of things let's just focus on winning Friday Night. In the midst of all this ruckus and confusion the only way we can go is up. No more excuses it's time to quit crying and play football!!!!!

Why does it seem like some of the people replying are oblivious to what is actually happening? In the stands all year and really ALL the time there is a constant nagging! Yes if coach had called different plays and whatever - the season would be different. Well I have coached football on various levels and I know that when you don't call a players number it is not because you have a grudge it is usually because there is a BIG shadow of doubt in your mind! yes some times kids prove that shadow wrong that is when the shadow gets smaller or disappears. If you have a "stud" you will go to him, however I don't think the Hill has that stud yeah SD is fast but not fast enough or dependable or mentally tough enough. Yeah there are some 6 foot somethings at receiver but one good lick and they cower down! Sure TH is a bolt of lightning - but he makes bad decisions! I could sit here all day and point out mistakes on film by EVERYONE! When are parents going to take responsibility - Dads man-up and in the off season instead of acting like fantasy football, basketball, or baseball is more important than making sure your boy is confident on the field! There are tons of DVDs that explain the offense and defense! Just get on and do something so your boy is not behind on the learning curve! The offense is not difficult the main thing about the offense is its formations they change but the plays are the same! I have seen probably 16 different plays (am I wrong) what is difficult about that (the routes- everyone learns 9 routes, there are only so many holes a RB can run through, there is only 3 differnt types of blocks for the OL, Come on now)? When I hear SS talk about simplifying it makes me think he is coaching a team full of kids on IEPs - look it up-LOL! Even if it is more than 16 plays; next year these so-called studs will need to be able to remember a D1 100 play playbook right daddys? Doesn't everyone out there have wristbands on anyway? Come on man what do you all want? I kinda think there are some people that know Little Johnny does not measure up and want to blame it on the difficulty of the Offense. The key to the defense is to make sure your boy has some lungs at least have them lifting so those south boys don't clober them next year! To bring this to a close... I would LOVE to see the Hill win Friday but I have a funny feeling! If the win comes it will be a hard fought one! If they loose who will the dads have to blame then? I am sure ss if the outcome is bad and if the outcome is good against a 1-7 team it will be the replacements that should have been there in the first place (please) - not the pitiful team they are playing. If we loose I will also hate it for the replacements because they will get it too! I probably should have started a new thread (SORRY I am wordy and really feel it deep!)

Why does it seem like some of the people replying are oblivious to what is actually happening? In the stands all year and really ALL the time there is a constant nagging! Yes if coach had called different plays and whatever - the season would be different. Well I have coached football on various levels and I know that when you don't call a players number it is not because you have a grudge it is usually because there is a BIG shadow of doubt in your mind! yes some times kids prove that shadow wrong that is when the shadow gets smaller or disappears. If you have a "stud" you will go to him, however I don't think the Hill has that stud yeah SD is fast but not fast enough or dependable or mentally tough enough. Yeah there are some 6 foot somethings at receiver but one good lick and they cower down! Sure TH is a bolt of lightning - but he makes bad decisions! I could sit here all day and point out mistakes on film by EVERYONE! When are parents going to take responsibility - Dads man-up and in the off season instead of acting like fantasy football, basketball, or baseball is more important than making sure your boy is confident on the field! There are tons of DVDs that explain the offense and defense! Just get on and do something so your boy is not behind on the learning curve! The offense is not difficult the main thing about the offense is its formations they change but the plays are the same! I have seen probably 16 different plays (am I wrong) what is difficult about that (the routes- everyone learns 9 routes, there are only so many holes a RB can run through, there is only 3 differnt types of blocks for the OL, Come on now)? When I hear SS talk about simplifying it makes me think he is coaching a team full of kids on IEPs - look it up-LOL! Even if it is more than 16 plays; next year these so-called studs will need to be able to remember a D1 100 play playbook right daddys? Doesn't everyone out there have wristbands on anyway? Come on man what do you all want? I kinda think there are some people that know Little Johnny does not measure up and want to blame it on the difficulty of the Offense. The key to the defense is to make sure your boy has some lungs at least have them lifting so those south boys don't clober them next year! To bring this to a close... I would LOVE to see the Hill win Friday but I have a funny feeling! If the win comes it will be a hard fought one! If they loose who will the dads have to blame then? I am sure ss if the outcome is bad and if the outcome is good against a 1-7 team it will be the replacements that should have been there in the first place (please) - not the pitiful team they are playing. If we loose I will also hate it for the replacements because they will get it too! I probably should have started a new thread (SORRY I am wordy and really feel it deep!)

GREAT POST!!!! A+ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You really need to post more and I wish you had started earlier in the season. Would love to have pick your brain since the posts I have read in the last few days have been very insightful. I would love for you to expand on some of your comments since you have decided to single out a couple of kids. I'm thinking that since you are commenting on film, that you might be a person that might be able to help some dads help their kids in the offseason.

You really need to post more and I wish you had started earlier in the season. Would love to have pick your brain since the posts I have read in the last few days have been very insightful. I would love for you to expand on some of your comments since you have decided to single out a couple of kids. I'm thinking that since you are commenting on film, that you might be a person that might be able to help some dads help their kids in the offseason.

I like the post that you wrote and i think it is very true that players are made in the off season and it is true that there are only so many blocks that a lineman must know but please remember it is still the coaches responsiblity to make sure his players are prepared on friday night. Now if the players do not know thier assignments then they should not be playing. If the parents have problem with that then little johnny needs to pick it up in practice. i do want to say one thing do not blame the coach if your son is not playing, a coach is hanging himself if they have a stud on the bench and not playing him. believe me I have been around sports along time if your son is not playing there is a reason and the most obvious is that he is not cutting the mustard. han in there topper! good luck friday nite.

Reading these last couple of post everyone seems to agree with the fact that hard work and dedication in the off season is how we will build players who are physical come next August. Just read my signature , you have to play and live by it. LT said the best players are made in the offseason. That's was a great and accurate post only1bigg. I agree with you topvol that Mr. bigg seems to be maybe a coach of some sort and can really help dads help the players. History made a comment in his post about Little Johnny and playing time and I agree. I'm not a Dad that has tunnel vision, but a lot of dads have tunnel vision. A LOT OF PLAYERS AND DADS WANT BIG TIME RESULTS WHEN ONLY A HANDFUL OF KIDS ARE WILLIING TO PUT IN THE TIME TO GET THOSE RESULTS. My oldest son is a 7th grader who played at ITMS this season. He was back-up RB and started at CB/S. The kid starting RB was awsome and way better, more physical than my boy. My kid didn't need to start RB, he was not the better player. I told my son playstation is not going to make you a better player, only hard work and dedication. Like Mr. bigg said concerning dvd's on bettering yourself at a certain position the tools are out there. We work out with the ladder drills, cone drills, the sled, and the speed parachute. You can find position drills at Nikegridiron. So Mr. bigg, what else can we do as DADs to help grow these young men into better players???