Knox Karns @ Science Hill

topvol98

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can expect for the Beavers to be able to move the ball on offense. Although 1-7 at this point, they can run their offense. They have some talented running backs, but their passing game is somewhat primative. Their biggest issue is turnovers.

If they can control the line of scrimmage, the Hill should be ok.

Science Hill 24

Knox Karns 14

Looks that way....wow shows the charatcter of some people too but I'm not surprised.

Any word on the behavior of a players parents toward another player after last friday nights game?? IMO these parents were way out of line and should be banned from all sporting activities involving any school system in upper East Tennessee. Although many of us have been upset with the coaching decisions.............no one should ever confront a child............There is no place for this kind of behavior on a team. Sad, Sad, Sad, for the kids at SH. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Any word on the behavior of a players parents toward another player after last friday nights game?? IMO these parents were way out of line and should be banned from all sporting activities involving any school system in upper East Tennessee. Although many of us have been upset with the coaching decisions.............no one should ever confront a child............There is no place for this kind of behavior on a team. Sad, Sad, Sad, for the kids at SH. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I'm not sure if it's a lack of ettiqute on your part or if you are directing your comments to me since you quoted me in your post. It's no secret to anyone on these boards to who I am so if your asking or have something to say to me, do it. Part of the learning experinces between human beings is that their should be a free exchange of information but the problem with people are that they don't always try to learn the whole story so they speak in half-truths.

Kids are not responsible for their parents, Parents ARE responsible for their kids. With that being said when's the last time you ever seen a kid be able to change the way there parent(s) behave. You don't because the parents should be the authority so yes a kid can be embarassed by what his parent(s) do but that's about the extent of it. You can't hold a child (young man) accountable for something that is out of his control.

No ADULT should ever confront someone elses child unless it's a situation of peril. If it would have been my kid, I would have been seeking that person out. That's me and I will never be accused of being the most rational of people. When you participate in public domains, you are iniviting criticism but their times and places. A line was crossed but it wasn't the fault of any player. It was the fault of an adult who needs to correct their way of thinking.

Confrontation aren't always the loud and in your face kind, it doesn't help a kid when adults are coming up to him after games asking why isn't he getting to play more or why he isn't in a certain position or what's wrong with the team, all of these things are out of that kids control. It doesn't help.

I'm not sure if it's a lack of ettiqute on your part or if you are directing your comments to me since you quoted me in your post. It's no secret to anyone on these boards to who I am so if your asking or have something to say to me, do it. Part of the learning experinces between human beings is that their should be a free exchange of information but the problem with people are that they don't always try to learn the whole story so they speak in half-truths.

Kids are not responsible for their parents, Parents ARE responsible for their kids. With that being said when's the last time you ever seen a kid be able to change the way there parent(s) behave. You don't because the parents should be the authority so yes a kid can be embarassed by what his parent(s) do but that's about the extent of it. You can't hold a child (young man) accountable for something that is out of his control.

No ADULT should ever confront someone elses child unless it's a situation of peril. If it would have been my kid, I would have been seeking that person out. That's me and I will never be accused of being the most rational of people. When you participate in public domains, you are iniviting criticism but their times and places. A line was crossed but it wasn't the fault of any player. It was the fault of an adult who needs to correct their way of thinking.

Confrontation aren't always the loud and in your face kind, it doesn't help a kid when adults are coming up to him after games asking why isn't he getting to play more or why he isn't in a certain position or what's wrong with the team, all of these things are out of that kids control. It doesn't help.

tell us what happend then the story we heard was that a grown woman thaught it was appropriat to berate a kid in front of his peers and teammates

Have no idea who you are. Just asking a question since you seem to always be well informed on the happenings at SH. This subject does have a lot to do with the Karns game and the DB game. Just wondering if you know who's playing, who's not, and where the team is right now.

In a spot of good news for a change the JV Hilltoppers defeated DB in an exciting and well played contest by both sides 14-7 last night. Both sides played hard and many licks were passed. That concuded a one loss season for the JV to go along with one loss by the freshmen team and one loss for the middle school team this year. Tonight the 8th grade team also with one loss, plays for the big east championship at steve spurrier field @ 6:30