Stone Memorial vs. Livingston

SCG07

I believe that Livingston has enough pride about themselves to pull this one out this week.. Im sure that they all know that goin 0-10 isnt good and i think that they will pick up there first win of there season this week.. But as much for next week against Fulton i dont think that they have the talent to beat them.. Fulton is a talented team......

Good luck to both teams this friday!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody said it earlier, and they are corect. This a pride game between to teams that have plenty of pride, just not all the pieces to the puzzle yet. LA has become accustomed to a winning tradition and these type of seasons are tough on every one. Stone, from what I hear, is a pretty decent team with a first year varsity program. Records can be deceiving. I just have a gut feeling Friday night that neither squad nor coach nor fan will care about the wins-losses brackets while this match is going on. Like I said, this a pride game, who wants it more? I hope its LA. Good luck to both teams.

GO BIG BLUE!!

I am pretty sure its been since the sixty's i'm not positive but i think its around that time.

That sounds about right '60. We have had a few weak teams over the years, but we have NEVER played the quality teams week in and week out that we are playing now! Here's hoping we get out of this "monster" region in 2009 where we can be competitive again!

What region do u think that they will move to? Does anyone know that????

Well there is no guarantee that we will go anywhere. I've heard that AC and Catholic may be moving to 4A, so if that happens, who knows what else will happen. I think we would fare much better in region 3. It's hard to compete year in and year out in a region that has 3 or 4 of the top 10 3A teams each year---unless you have a team like our 2005 bunch! And everyone needs to realize that was probably a once in a lifetime team.

In a game no one deserved to lose, Livingston Academy ended their 13 game losing streak with a Josh Huitt 35 yard field goal on the game's last play to defeat Stone Memorial 24-21 on Senior night in Livingston. The win helped the Wildcats avoid their first winless season since 1965. Sophomore runningback Cody Stafford rushed 31 times for 140 yards to lead the attack. Livingston Academy trailed 14-7 at halftime and 21-14 in the fourth quarter before coming back to tie the game with 5:11 left on Brannon McCoin's 3 yard run. The big play in the drive was a 38 yard pass on 3rd and 14 from sophomore McCoin to sophomore Tracy McDonald.

After holding the Panthers on downs on a fourth and 3 from the LA 30 The Wildcats took over with 1:50 left and marched to the Panther 18 before calling their last timeout with 2.7 seconds remaining. Huitt made the kick and the players went wild as the final horn sounded. LA's seniors, Linebacker Gary Massengille, Tackle John Williford, Cornerback Jonathan Sullivan, Defensive Tackle Cody Adkins, and injured Running back Steven Morgan won in their final home game of their careers.

It was Livingston Academy's first win over a 3-A school since winning the state championship game in 2005 over David Lipscomb. The Wildcats are 1-8, 1-5 in Region play while stone falls to 1-8, 0-6 in Region play.