District 11-AAA

TnScout11

Centennial looked a little lethargic in the first half. I think Indy was leading after the first and down by like 5 at half. They kept it close through halftime, which really surprised me, but just fell apart in the second half. They couldn't make a shot after half, and it was almost sad to watch. Kelly started to take control in the second half, he seemed kind of quiet in the first half, and I'm honestly surprised that he had 20 points, it didn't seem like he had that many.

Either way, my thoughts on Centennial are summed up as, sloppy first half, good second half.

Yeah, we were just taking some bad shots and were careless with the ball. Indy had the lead after 1, but Centennial outscored Indy 21-9 in the second to take control of the game. On the IHS side, I like what I saw out of Consiglio, he's got some good talent.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, we were just taking some bad shots and were careless with the ball. Indy had the lead after 1, but Centennial outscored Indy 21-9 in the second to take control of the game. On the IHS side, I like what I saw out of Consiglio, he's got some good talent.

Consiglio is going to be a good player. Carden had a little bit of an off night last night, but he should bounce back.

I liked what I saw from McLemore last night, but I wasn't as impressed by Stroop though. He shows a lot of energy out there, but it just doesn't seem that he has the skills that many of the other Cougars have on the floor. Maybe it was just an off night.

but I wasn't as impressed by Stroop though. He shows a lot of energy out there, but it just doesn't seem that he has the skills that many of the other Cougars have on the floor. Maybe it was just an off night.

i didnt make the game last night, but i do know Stroop pretty well, and i would say his offense is very inconstant, when he is on there's no stopping him, and whens off...well he doesnt make anything. his defensive play is great however, he is very quick to the ball and gets his hands the ball often and disrupts the shot or the play and good in transition.

Consiglio is going to be a good player. Carden had a little bit of an off night last night, but he should bounce back.

I liked what I saw from McLemore last night, but I wasn't as impressed by Stroop though. He shows a lot of energy out there, but it just doesn't seem that he has the skills that many of the other Cougars have on the floor. Maybe it was just an off night.

Yes, Consiglio was about the only impressive one on that team, he's a real player. Carden, average, if that. I loved when our student section chanted Bryce is better, then Gracie is better. I hear Isaac baugh and Jonathon Robinson will be back soon. It's just too bad they don't have a better head coach or they could possibly be a winning team.

Stroop didn't look impressive last night but McLemore has been strong! Kelly started out a little slow but really picked up in the second half. I think as the season moves on we will be a team to watch out for. I predict it now!

Yes, Consiglio was about the only impressive one on that team, he's a real player. Carden, average, if that. I loved when our student section chanted Bryce is better, then Gracie is better. I hear Isaac baugh and Jonathon Robinson will be back soon. It's just too bad they don't have a better head coach or they could possibly be a winning team.

Stroop didn't look impressive last night but McLemore has been strong! Kelly started out a little slow but really picked up in the second half. I think as the season moves on we will be a team to watch out for. I predict it now!

Let's just say that its a safe assumption that Bryce was/is better than Blake. Blake will be a solid player for the Eagles next year, but right now he has some things he needs to work on. He had an off night shooting last night, but he is generally money. His biggest problem is that he lacks the quickness that a player at the point needs (someone like Johnny Kuchar). He often looks robotic out there, but I think Henrie will definitely work with him on this. Isaac and J-Rob will be back soon.

As for the Gracie chant, I wasn't a big fan of that. In fact for as bad of a rap as we have gotten in the region for our student section, I actually found Centennial's to be a bit more rowdy/inappropriate. I wasn't exactly impressed by fans in the front row flashing their nipples at us, or giving the stink-it sign after free throws, but hey, what are you going to do?

Let's just say that its a safe assumption that Bryce was/is better than Blake. Blake will be a solid player for the Eagles next year, but right now he has some things he needs to work on. He had an off night shooting last night, but he is generally money. His biggest problem is that he lacks the quickness that a player at the point needs (someone like Johnny Kuchar). He often looks robotic out there, but I think Henrie will definitely work with him on this. Isaac and J-Rob will be back soon.

As for the Gracie chant, I wasn't a big fan of that. In fact for as bad of a rap as we have gotten in the region for our student section, I actually found Centennial's to be a bit more rowdy/inappropriate. I wasn't exactly impressed by fans in the front row flashing their nipples at us, or giving the stink-it sign after free throws, but hey, what are you going to do?

I recall a little issue last year that when a player was at the free throw line, Indy students would chant the name of the shooter's mother. You consider that appropriate? You dish it out, expect something in return.

I recall a little issue last year that when a player was at the free throw line, Indy students would chant the name of the shooter's mother. You consider that appropriate? You dish it out, expect something in return.

Point well taken, definitely not a representation of our entire fanbase, just as Centennial's "nipple-boy" isn't a representation of their entire fanbase. Like chspride said, most of it is all in good fun. Also, looking back at my previous post, I completely forgot that s*ck was edited out on this board with the word stink. Hmm, did TSSAA have their hand in that? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yes Bryce Carden was really good, very strong and physical, never backed down, and shot with very high percentages from close range.....but remember Blake is about the same size as Bryce, and instead of being like Bryce and being a post, he is a point guard (maybe not a true one, but definately a 1, 2, or 3 with his shooting ability.) Bryce was limited to his game, Posting up and scoring. Blake handles the ball, shoots with percentages from 3's, he sees the floor real well (sometimes trying to make to hard of passes but none the less sees the passes available).... Before you go bashing Blake remember they are both two totally different players by positioning, and skills. If you had the privalage at watching Bryce you will never recall him taking the ball up the floor with tough ball pressure and I can assure you, you never saw him shoot a 3.

anybody can name off the whole lineup and say they are tough stuff... franklin hasn't beat any quality opponents (unless that out of state tournament had one in it) all this hype that has been put on franklin is because they had a good AAU team, i don't know if anybody realizes it but AAU basketball and High School basketball are two different things. you probably are an avid rebels supporter which is fine as i am a raptors fan, but i think you would be a good fit for that ESPN commercial about all those guys talking sports out of their you know what. I am not sure how you could say this is a blowout, especially in a rivalry game. I hope you go and see the game because you will be surprised at what you see, since you don't see anything past hillsboro road.

I told you I would bring this post back up. Now do you see what I mean, I was not just reading off a roster. "All this hype that has been put on Franklin", do you think it is hype now. Believe it or not we did not play a complete game, just wait to Young gets off. Have you ever even seen an AAU game, I know you havn't played in one. Those games get you ready for big, tough games that you may have during the high school season. The pressure you see in those tournaments is intense. Playing teams like the Fire, Midstate Ballerz, select teams from all over the country in national, that is what makes you better. Don't try and tell me how different AAU is from High School.

Yes Bryce Carden was really good, very strong and physical, never backed down, and shot with very high percentages from close range.....but remember Blake is about the same size as Bryce, and instead of being like Bryce and being a post, he is a point guard (maybe not a true one, but definately a 1, 2, or 3 with his shooting ability.) Bryce was limited to his game, Posting up and scoring. Blake handles the ball, shoots with percentages from 3's, he sees the floor real well (sometimes trying to make to hard of passes but none the less sees the passes available).... Before you go bashing Blake remember they are both two totally different players by positioning, and skills. If you had the privalage at watching Bryce you will never recall him taking the ball up the floor with tough ball pressure and I can assure you, you never saw him shoot a 3.

Trust me, I wasn't bashing Blake. Notice that I am not saying Blake is a poor player, or he won't improve. I'm only saying that at this point the Centennial fans were stating the obvious in the current situation. To most of us, it is clear that Blake has the most talent of any player on the floor for the Eagles, at the moment. As I said earlier, Blake is usually money, and he is almost always on. I was merely pointing out the Blake does have a few kinks in his game at the moment, but he is young, has had limited playing time, and has all of the skills to be a great player for the Eagles. I agree with all of your observations of Blake and Bryce (I had the privalage to briefly watch him play when he was a senior), and meant no disrespect or bashing of Blake with what I said. If anything, I was hoping to respond to chspride's comment that Blake was average, if that.

Trust me, I wasn't bashing Blake. Notice that I am not saying Blake is a poor player, or he won't improve. I'm only saying that at this point the Centennial fans were stating the obvious in the current situation. To most of us, it is clear that Blake has the most talent of any player on the floor for the Eagles, at the moment. As I said earlier, Blake is usually money, and he is almost always on. I was merely pointing out the Blake does have a few kinks in his game at the moment, but he is young, has had limited playing time, and has all of the skills to be a great player for the Eagles. I agree with all of your observations of Blake and Bryce (I had the privalage to briefly watch him play when he was a senior), and meant no disrespect or bashing of Blake with what I said. If anything, I was hoping to respond to chspride's comment that Blake was average, if that.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I think the Consiglio kid is definitely the most talented from what I witnessed against us on Friday. I still say Blake is "average", but we will see what happens the rest of the season. That is merely just my opinion. I also got to see his brother play some and yes, they are totally different. I agree with gplx2, he looks alittle robotic on the court. I will also disagree that their Coach Henrie will be able to help him as he is usually so busy with self promotions, but then again we'll see. Anyway, I believe when Baugh gets back Carden will see much less playing time and more bench time.