District 11-AAA

TnScout11

Ok, will wait til next week to judge the Franklin team then.

Hopefully, we'll beat Independance again on Friday. But beating the West TN team will be a pretty tall order. Again, it usually takes the footballers a couple of weeks to transition from football shape to basketball shape and to get their shots down a bit. Ask anyone who has done it.

Good luck to ya'll from now till mid-January. If both teams are still undefeated in the District, it will make for another very interesting "Battle of Franklin". /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, we'll beat Independance again on Friday. But beating the West TN team will be a pretty tall order. Again, it usually takes the footballers a couple of weeks to transition from football shape to basketball shape and to get their shots down a bit. Ask anyone who has done it.

Good luck to ya'll from now till mid-January. If both teams are still undefeated in the District, it will make for another very interesting "Battle of Franklin". /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Well anythings possible. Either way, the winner here gets an undefeated team in either Whites Station or Millington. On the other hand, 4 of the last 5 semi-final games have been won by the 6-5A team. Hopefully the winner here keeps that streak alive.

I see where Centennial and Franklin both beat Stratford by the same amount, so by your rationale that means these teams are even!

I'm backing your boys here Philliyfan!

by my rational i did not say or imply that. i personally think making picks on games by the little generalization of team A, beat team B, and team C...and team B lost to team C and D. so team a is better...thats crap i hate when people do that, and if you read the football threads you'd see that.

I was not able to make the game but Ravenwood pulls out another win. They beat Spring Hill who I hear is surprisingly good.

Spring Hill 51

Ravenwood 54

RHS (3-1)

The district 11-AAA teams are all looking pretty good.

Even Hillwood. Surprisingly.

Oh and Stratford beat Hunters Lane by 1. Is Hunters Lane any good? Or is Stratford just really improved??

Watched Stratford-Centennial on the local channel last night and Stratford did not appear to be that good, they do have some athletes and hustlers but are undersized. Hunters Lane is down a bit from past years and they are still trying to incorporate their football players into the mix this week on the fly. When I saw HL play their guard play was not very good.

District 12-AAA is way down from what we have grown to expect. Obviously, Antioch should be much better than anyone else with Maplewood and McGavock being next, Hunters Lane is probably the fourth best team over there with Stratford, Glencliff, Whites Creek bringing up the rear.

From the Centennial Thanksgiving Classic...

Centennial beats Livingston Academy.

Centennial loses to Ensworth (Drew Kelly had 37pts.)

Independence loses to Livingston Academy

i dont know any scores, its all in the tennessean...

Centennial takes on Smyrna tomorrow night, and Page on Saturday

Franklin won 3 games in two days to take home the East Limestone HS Thanksgiving Holiday Tournament. Franklin had a different leading scorer in all three games and had 3 or 4 players in double digits in each game as well. Nice tournament play by the lone senior Travis Hampton dropping 17 pts and overall putting together a nice 3 day run.

The Rebels have a tough non-conference week with 2 huge road games at McGavock on Thursday and at Mt. Juliet on Friday. Both these teams are picked to finish in the top three in their leagues.

The Rebels will welcome the additions of Jamal Starnes, Matt Worley, and Daniel Campbell from football. Starnes is a big time difference maker inside with Worley adding depth at the post position. Campbell will provide a defensive spark and add some senior leadership to this junior heavy roster. Welcome back fellas!

Tough loss for the cougars, especially with no T.Jefferson for Ensworth!

Franklin won 3 games in two days to take home the East Limestone HS Thanksgiving Holiday Tournament. Franklin had a different leading scorer in all three games and had 3 or 4 players in double digits in each game as well. Nice tournament play by the lone senior Travis Hampton dropping 17 pts and overall putting together a nice 3 day run.

The Rebels have a tough non-conference week with 2 huge road games at McGavock on Thursday and at Mt. Juliet on Friday. Both these teams are picked to finish in the top three in their leagues.

The Rebels will welcome the additions of Jamal Starnes, Matt Worley, and Daniel Campbell from football. Starnes is a big time difference maker inside with Worley adding depth at the post position. Campbell will provide a defensive spark and add some senior leadership to this junior heavy roster. Welcome back fellas!

Tough loss for the cougars, especially with no T.Jefferson for Ensworth!

Yeah, well put Coach. Franklin just real good after the Friday night football game at Independence. When those 3 kids mentioned in Coach Harrick's post get their basketball legs and conditioning, you better watch out. The performance of Travis this weekend is very encouraging. If there were awards given out this weekend, Travis probably was the MVP of this tournament. My hat is off to Travis, he has had to listen to a lot of hype about the very solid junior class. He has worked hard and his contribution is going to make FHS very, very good. You better beat the Rebels soon because when Jamal gets going with Reed Glover the Rebels are going to be a force. We will have more than 2 guys scoring over half our points. Like last year, we will have 5 or 6 guys averaging between 8 and 12 points a game. Reed Glover averaged 7 points, 9 boards, and 5 assists a game this weekend. Reed and Jamal work so good together, its going to be scary boys and girls.

From the Centennial Thanksgiving Classic...

Centennial beats Livingston Academy.

Centennial loses to Ensworth (Drew Kelly had 37pts.)

Independence loses to Livingston Academy

i dont know any scores, its all in the tennessean...

Centennial takes on Smyrna tomorrow night, and Page on Saturday

Centennial better find some balance in their scoring. The same thing will happen as last year if it is all Kelly and McLemore doing 75-80% of their scoring. The are both very good players, but somebody else better step up and give some help.

I back metro baby, but I scout yall because that's who we get to destroy come tourney time! We own D-11 baby, and you can't do anything about that! The Creek, McGavock, Antioch have owned your league for years. What can you say about that Phillyfan????? I guess philly fans are ok with losing considering their town has the record for most losses by a town!!! ahahahahahahahahahaahahahah

Hey Ball Boy...great post. At least Philly has teams to cheer for in the professional sports area, and teams who have won championships. If you want to back and live in the 20's and 30's, when most of those loses occur, have at it. Nashville can't even support 2 teams. Went to the sorry Titans game when they were 6-2, the number of empty seats were in the thousands. Great fan support. I will agree though, you have dominated D11, take McGavock out of that list though, they couldn't take care of business in the regions last year, and Whites Creek certainly is a power this year and years to come.

good to hear Travis had a good weekend, ive known him and his brother Justin for several years. its good to hear about him playing well, after having such little playing time over the course of his high school career. great job travis.

i think if centennial can find a balance in scoring, they'll be a tough match-up for Franklin, and every other team in the district. i keep looking for Preston Stroop to have an amazing night, he's got the ability to put up 20+its just a matter of time.

district play starts next week centennial has Overton and Independence both at home

good to hear Travis had a good weekend, ive known him and his brother Justin for several years. its good to hear about him playing well, after having such little playing time over the course of his high school career. great job travis.

i think if centennial can find a balance in scoring, they'll be a tough match-up for Franklin, and every other team in the district. i keep looking for Preston Stroop to have an amazing night, he's got the ability to put up 20+its just a matter of time.

district play starts next week centennial has Overton and Independence both at home

In reference to balance of scoring, Allante had 30 points against Livingston while Stroop had 22 against Stratford. Consistency is the key for us this year. We have the weapons, its just a matter of all of them putting up solid numbers every night.