WHAT IS THE COST TO WRESTLE?

THEANIMAL

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach,

I appreciate the kind words, especially after the lack of respect my son showed to you at the camp this summer! BTW, that's still a work in progress. Getting better though!

Currently we are renting, with the option to purchase at the end of the lease. Not huge in size, but enough for the numbers we deal with, and best of all it's ours! No more moving lunch tables and chairs, rolling mats out and up, no more calling the janitor to open up the cafeteria, no more getting blamed for the toilets being tore-up (I promise, we didn't do it), no more calls from the principal at 11pm stating that a light was left on in the cafeteria, etc....you get it, I know.

The room is still a work in progress, but we have enough room for 12 practice circles, a seperate dressing room w/water fountain, small room with treadmill, eliptical and air bikes, 2 pull up bars and 2 climbing ropes in the wrestling room, and the favorite hang out for a couple of the rookies, a restroom. Obviously, I'm a little proud, but of course it's costing us! Don't get me wrong, it doesn't hold a candle to the likes of McCallie, Bradley, Cleveland, or Cumberland (these are the ones I've personally seen, no offense to anyone elses).

Please don't think for a second that I've done all of this alone, because I haven't. Our AAU program has been awesome with any assistance we may have needed. Great group of ex-wrestlers and parental support. Additionally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention TNAAU since they have allowed our AAU group to host several state tournaments in the past that helped make this possible.

Rigger, I was wondering what in the heck that you guys are providing for that much money. Does the school not provide some kind of budget for the team? Greeneville does. We also host 3 or 4 varsity and high school tournaments and a couple of MS tournaments each year. Any kid, rich or poor, can come and work a tournament and help raise money for the program.

What do these schools do when a student can't afford to pay the fee?

At HHS it covers travel, rooms, sweats etc.

From what I remember during the Farrgut years it was for new mats. uniforms/singlets, paying coaches etc. (the Coaches were not working for the school)

Coach,

I appreciate the kind words, especially after the lack of respect my son showed to you at the camp this summer! BTW, that's still a work in progress. Getting better though!

Currently we are renting, with the option to purchase at the end of the lease. Not huge in size, but enough for the numbers we deal with, and best of all it's ours! No more moving lunch tables and chairs, rolling mats out and up, no more calling the janitor to open up the cafeteria, no more getting blamed for the toilets being tore-up (I promise, we didn't do it), no more calls from the principal at 11pm stating that a light was left on in the cafeteria, etc....you get it, I know.

The room is still a work in progress, but we have enough room for 12 practice circles, a seperate dressing room w/water fountain, small room with treadmill, eliptical and air bikes, 2 pull up bars and 2 climbing ropes in the wrestling room, and the favorite hang out for a couple of the rookies, a restroom. Obviously, I'm a little proud, but of course it's costing us! Don't get me wrong, it doesn't hold a candle to the likes of McCallie, Bradley, Cleveland, or Cumberland (these are the ones I've personally seen, no offense to anyone elses).

Please don't think for a second that I've done all of this alone, because I haven't. Our AAU program has been awesome with any assistance we may have needed. Great group of ex-wrestlers and parental support. Additionally, I would be remiss if I didn't mention TNAAU since they have allowed our AAU group to host several state tournaments in the past that helped make this possible.

Congrats RCP this should help yopur program grow. It's a different world to have space to practice. It's been a great blessing the space HHS has compared to the classroom we were using at Farragut!