Ezell Harding 21-5(11-2)

David Libscomb 19-5(10-3)

Hume Fogg 13-11(8-5)

Pearl Cohn 10-7(6-6)*

CPA 11-8(7-6)

FRA 14-11(7-7)

East Lit 6-14(3-10)

Martin Luther King 2-17(0-12)*

NOTE: MLK AT PC was cancel due to voting area at Pearl Cohn gym game will be reset for tomorrow

FRIDAY NIGHT GAME WATCH: DAVID LIBSCOMB AT PEARL COHN

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scores and Standings on February 5th 2008

-one game left in the district season

SCORES

FRA 33 East Lit 24

Ezell Harding 47, David Libscomb 43

CPA 52, Hume Fogg 43

Martin Luther King at Pearl Cohn

STANDINGS

Ezell Harding 21-5(11-2)

David Libscomb 19-5(10-3)

Hume Fogg 13-11(8-5)

Pearl Cohn 10-7(6-6)*

CPA 11-8(7-6)

FRA 14-11(7-7)

East Lit 6-14(3-10)

Martin Luther King 2-17(0-12)*

NOTE: MLK AT PC was cancel due to voting area at Pearl Cohn gym game will be reset for tomorrow

FRIDAY NIGHT GAME WATCH: DAVID LIBSCOMB AT PEARL COHN

What a great game at Ezell tonight. Lipscomp jumped out to a 17-4 first quarter lead only to see it evaporate in the second quarter. Down 22-19, at the half, lipscomb got the lead back if only for a few minutes. This was a see saw back and forth game. Congrats to Ellen Ross on her 1,000 point. Down 5 with 43 seconds left in the game ross got a long rebound and went to shoot a three, she leaned in to the person guarding her and was able to get 3 free throws, which she hit. These are two tough teams and they will play for the District championship next week.

I'm not crying...

I just have been trying to be nice.

Both East lit and CPA are Terrible, and thats not fair to teams that are terrible.

The only thing left to say is that on both nights Ezell played worse, its hard to imagine, but anything is possible. Maybe I know her dad and he told me 11:43. Congrats to east for playing 5 sophmores, look at your record, it shows. They will have to work forever to beat the teams in their District. It does not matter how hard they try David Lipscomb, FRA, Ezell and CPA are committed to winning. excellance. They players work all year round on their own to be the best. If you get a 10 point lead on CPA they will play their guts out trying to come back. If you get a 10 point lead on East...they quit. If you are their coach...teach them about heart. You have two years to make a difference. I also know that there is an 8th grade superstar over at CPA. Funny she did not want to play on the Varsity this year. Did not want to lose a year of eligibility when she transfers! Kinda weird. If you follow the game and have a vested intrest in outcomes of team where you have helped develop the players you will know what happened in their games. I have girls all over this area who have played for me in AAU since they were kids. Nothing weird about it,

This "8th grade superstar" that you are referring to. If I was her I would transfer to Ezell. That is if you want one of the best coaches to coach you in high school. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This "8th grade superstar" that you are referring to. If I was her I would transfer to Ezell. That is if you want one of the best coaches to coach you in high school. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And arrogant coaches - see today's paper

Having five year starters in private schools has an unfair advantage to the public schools in this district

That is garbage. All of the players on this team were part of the middle school program, except Leah McAlister, that got beaten like ugly step children by every team. Every kid in this district had the same opportunity to commit to becoming a great basketball player by having the desire to put in the work during the off season. The girls at Ezell, David Lipscomb, Fra, and CPA are committed to being better at everything. Not for anyone but themselves. If you want to compete, grab a basketball and lace up your shoes when no one else is playing. Some of us AAU coaches got together and figured that a lot of these girls had played 400 games during their career. Not because they were made to its because they wanted to. Currently Ezells middle school is getting beat by the teams in the district handily, I would bet you that by the time they are seniors you wont be able to play with them. It will be because they outworked you.

I can also tell you that all of the starters at Ezell have played there since the 8th grade. I would say they just probably had someone teaching them the game. Not making excuses.

And arrogant coaches - see today's paper

It is okay to talk bad about teams you dont like. Its okay to think that I am dumb...get in line.

Its not okay to call a coach like Joey Spann arrogant. I have been coaching for almost 33 years. I know arrogance, just look at my threads. Joey Spann is a great coach at a school that does not appreciate him. He has taken a Program and made it one of the most successful programs in the middle tennessee area. All you have to do is go into his gym and you can see the 20+ win banners, the 30+ win banners. He has won both the silver and the gold. When his program was forced to move up to AA after coming off an 14-14 year, He promptly went 31-4 finishing with a final four loss in the state tournament to Hillcrest. I think his AA record after 3 years is 68-24, (12 losses came last year without Mcalister and Eaks two starters that were injured). He could end up with 2 apperances in the AA state tournament in 3 years. He is a preacher and although I have just recently gotten to know him a bit, he lives his life in christ. He does not have to tell you, you know it by being around him. He is one of 2 men that I have met in my life, that makes me a better person being in his presence, it also reminds me of how much of a jerk I can be. He has molded young girls into great women and has provided them an opportunity through basketball to attend college.

If anyone should be arrogant...it should be him. But he is not, he is one of the good guys.

I would hope that you sometime in your life get to meet him or just someone like him.

Save your stupid comments for someone like me! I deserve them....

Okay i get your point. calm down. Wasnt trying to offend anybody. Just making a statement. the problem with poeple at coacht is that if you make a comment about something or the other team. Alot poeple get offended as if some one said Ezell stinks or that David Libscomb is bad. Now you do have a point Ezell does work and play hard. Have middle schools to grow with young talent. However Pearl Cohn doesnt have a middle school that goes directly into their High School. And doesnt have the funds that Ezell, FRA, DL, and CPA. So since you took offence to what i said. What would you do if you at PC, remeber you have low funds, that prevents you to do a team AUU, than super privates, and you dont have a middle school that goes directly into PC, so how do you attack the situation? No alumni money just you and your girls

Okay i get your point. calm down. Wasnt trying to offend anybody. Just making a statement. the problem with poeple at coacht is that if you make a comment about something or the other team. Alot poeple get offended as if some one said Ezell stinks or that David Libscomb is bad. Now you do have a point Ezell does work and play hard. Have middle schools to grow with young talent. However Pearl Cohn doesnt have a middle school that goes directly into their High School. And doesnt have the funds that Ezell, FRA, DL, and CPA. So since you took offence to what i said. What would you do if you at PC, remeber you have low funds, that prevents you to do a team AUU, than super privates, and you dont have a middle school that goes directly into PC, so how do you attack the situation? No alumni money just you and your girls

Okay Im with you.

You would be suprised that it only costs a player about $20.00 per tournament to play. First you dont take a school team to an aau qualifer, so your looking at tournaments like those run by Kris hooper. They play all around the city from about March thru July. First thing to do is sell the kids that its best to play together during the AAU season. If you have a legit D1 player then they will go play nationals, they can join you when they have the time. Of course you need someone who is willing to coach the girls for the betterment of the program. It is most important during their younger years to teach them fundamental offense and defense, this allows the High School coach to have kids that know what to do when he says lets play a match up man. believe me you will get stomped your first year. But, when the girls take what you have taught them to school and they are not playing against select teams, they will see the improvements. The next year you will acutally get to some sunday games and win. The next year you will go in and beat the select teams and wont stay for sunday cause you have nothing left to prove. You can just go to church. You would also be suprised to know that there is no money at all in the private schools for anything. Most coaches are paid less than 3 grand for the season and some programs are out looking for powerade scholorships. Its really about someone wanting to develop players and the commitment of those players. Plus you will get to meet all the great kids who are out playing AAU.

It is okay to talk bad about teams you dont like. Its okay to think that I am dumb...get in line.

Its not okay to call a coach like Joey Spann arrogant. I have been coaching for almost 33 years. I know arrogance, just look at my threads. Joey Spann is a great coach at a school that does not appreciate him. He has taken a Program and made it one of the most successful programs in the middle tennessee area. All you have to do is go into his gym and you can see the 20+ win banners, the 30+ win banners. He has won both the silver and the gold. When his program was forced to move up to AA after coming off an 14-14 year, He promptly went 31-4 finishing with a final four loss in the state tournament to Hillcrest. I think his AA record after 3 years is 68-24, (12 losses came last year without Mcalister and Eaks two starters that were injured). He could end up with 2 apperances in the AA state tournament in 3 years. He is a preacher and although I have just recently gotten to know him a bit, he lives his life in christ. He does not have to tell you, you know it by being around him. He is one of 2 men that I have met in my life, that makes me a better person being in his presence, it also reminds me of how much of a jerk I can be. He has molded young girls into great women and has provided them an opportunity through basketball to attend college.

If anyone should be arrogant...it should be him. But he is not, he is one of the good guys.

I would hope that you sometime in your life get to meet him or just someone like him.

Save your stupid comments for someone like me! I deserve them....

Explain "I'd rather be undefeated in the district" Ezell-Harding Coach Joey Spann said.