Warren County

14pioneers

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks wingman! If people understood what goes on here in this county, they would understand. It's like this almost everywhere, BUT the old grey mare ain't what she used to be. You can't tell me Warren Co. could ot compete in this district, look at when Shockley was the coach , did they not go 22-7 and finish second in the district? OOOOOOHHHH! O'L Hoop, likes researching. Defense rests. He won here and I think Jimmy Cannon did too, so why can't she? Anyone, anyone? Bueller, Bueller..... (as in Ferris). I hope the Lambert girl realizes we are all not this blind in WC, sorry she had to go through this. I want this team to do well because of the girls playing and for this community PERIOD!! It's hard to fathom why someone would want to keep in it after it has passed them by.

why would you ever welcome this person (hoop20) back to this place! all they do is dog warren county girls basketball. for one thing they do not even know the whole story on th Lambert girl or the whole program. and name calling is a little immature dont you think? just because past coaches had success does not mean that following coaches will have the same success. talent changes and the district changes constantly. the game of basketball has changed also in the past 5 years, if not even that long. i dont know why anyone would support this person that absolutely puts down the lady pioneers and this program. number #1: these girls are in school first and play basketball second. they are student athletes and juggling school, grades, and clubs on top of basketball. number #2: these girls are representing our Warren County community and doing it well. everyone should support them with whatever talent is there. with the talent that is on the team now..what else are yall expecting? kids dont want to play anymore and those that do cant do it by themsleves. what talent has come from this basketball team? how does the county teams or jaycees or the county coaches that only practice once a week help this community improve in basketball? how about the county coaches play someone outside the county to get better and get a feel for future competition? instead yall sit on the computer and dog a coach that has nothing to work with or has to spend all her time working on fundamentals that upcoming players should already know.

have you ever thought about who would come in or who would even want to come to warren county to coach girls basketball? if you think you are such a better coach or more qualified to be one, why did you get fired? oo..i remember because you couldnt keep your mouth shut and was caught!!! oo so now its all clear...you just bitter about getting fired and now you have to dog the person that caught and fired you. in the process of dogging warren county girls basketball..your the one bringing this program down!

why would you ever welcome this person (hoop20) back to this place! all they do is dog warren county girls basketball. for one thing they do not even know the whole story on th Lambert girl or the whole program. and name calling is a little immature dont you think? just because past coaches had success does not mean that following coaches will have the same success. talent changes and the district changes constantly. the game of basketball has changed also in the past 5 years, if not even that long. i dont know why anyone would support this person that absolutely puts down the lady pioneers and this program. number #1: these girls are in school first and play basketball second. they are student athletes and juggling school, grades, and clubs on top of basketball. number #2: these girls are representing our Warren County community and doing it well. everyone should support them with whatever talent is there. with the talent that is on the team now..what else are yall expecting? kids dont want to play anymore and those that do cant do it by themsleves. what talent has come from this basketball team? how does the county teams or jaycees or the county coaches that only practice once a week help this community improve in basketball? how about the county coaches play someone outside the county to get better and get a feel for future competition? instead yall sit on the computer and dog a coach that has nothing to work with or has to spend all her time working on fundamentals that upcoming players should already know.

have you ever thought about who would come in or who would even want to come to warren county to coach girls basketball? if you think you are such a better coach or more qualified to be one, why did you get fired? oo..i remember because you couldnt keep your mouth shut and was caught!!! oo so now its all clear...you just bitter about getting fired and now you have to dog the person that caught and fired you. in the process of dogging warren county girls basketball..your the one bringing this program down!

This has got to be the biggest hogwash I have ever read. Are you related to coach Eades or are you a paid apoligized ? Tell me something was Warren successful in her first stint as coach ? How many district games in a row did they lose? I think it was close to 35-40. How about her second stint as coach ? Did she inherit a good program from the previous coach ? Absolutetly she did. Where has the program gone from there? Why did the previous coaches have success and she hasn't ? I think Warren County is a gold MIne ready for the right coach to come along. Let facts speak for themselve. You can't hide it or make excuses for it. A team is a direct reflection of its coach.

This has got to be the biggest hogwash I have ever read. Are you related to coach Eades or are you a paid apoligized ? Tell me something was Warren successful in her first stint as coach ? How many district games in a row did they lose? I think it was close to 35-40. How about her second stint as coach ? Did she inherit a good program from the previous coach ? Absolutetly she did. Where has the program gone from there? Why did the previous coaches have success and she hasn't ? I think Warren County is a gold MIne ready for the right coach to come along. Let facts speak for themselve. You can't hide it or make excuses for it. A team is a direct reflection of its coach.

excuse me...the only thing i am defending is warren county basketball. a coach can only do so much. no matter how much that coach wants to win..its also up to the players, their abilities, and desire. how do you measure sucess? how many district titles was won between her first stint and second stint? none! how many times did we finish runner up to the district title? so explain how that is a gold mine to success. how many girls from warren county and have been division 1A prospects? none in basketball! thats the facts. so explain the gold mine.... and about excuses...when do the players start taking responsbility? you cant teach freshman how to play the game of basketball. when do the elementary coaches start taking responsiblity? this is not about the high school coach..its about our basketball program in general. why dont yall do something helpful for the program instead of dogging it, hiding behind a screen name and then going up and hugging her neck.

I agree Chica! Some of the people on here need to help the program, not hurt the program.

I don't understand how someone can support Warren County Athletics and at the same time get on the

computer and bash the coach. Like her or not, she is here so why not show your support.

Do you really think she is going to get fired! And if she did, who would want it. Coaches are not running across the

county line to coach at Warren County. The pay is a whole lot less than surrounding counties.

It was mentioned earlier that football, soccer, volleyball and golf has had success! Lets look at those programs from the big picture. All of those programs have one feeder school. THe middle school. So do we not need to look at basketball from the whole.

Why do all sports, except basketball, only have one feeder school. Maybe that is why they are successful. I would guess the high school coach and the middle school coach work together with one comoon goal.

Look at basketball, why not have one feeder program. Let the county schools continue with their league, but let them first try out for the middle school team. If they don't make it then they can try out for thier county school team. Then we have one feeder program for basketball like all the other sports programs in warren county.

Basketball is the only sport that has six feeder schools.

Are all the coaches at these schools working with the high school coach. Are they teaching fundamentals, principles of man defense, principles of a press. a press break, a motion offense, etc..... Or are they rolling the balls out a couple hours a week and playing a 2-3 defense and a motionless offense come game time??? Are they playing competition outside the county; like the other sports programs or are they beating up on each other.

Are they really getting quality experience on the floor or do you have one team that is dominating??

I think it is time to stop beating a dead horse and quit complaining about the coach and stop and reflect on the program of Warren County basketball as a whole.

Take a look at the teams in the district>>>>>How many feeder schools do they have??? All but two teams in the disctrict have one feeder school and the other two have two feeder programs.

To change the success at Warren County High School basketball, the program needs a change! It would be great if the same philosophy for football, golf, baseball, softball, volleyball, and soccer could hold true for basketball as well.

FOP, just happened to look in on this site and found your post which is extremely perceptive for a first time poster and especially someone who seems to know the situation. You are right. This subject was beaten to death last year. If the coach was discouraged and did not want to proceed, others had expressed interest from out of the county and were ready to apply. She wants to continue. All of your suggestions, great ones, were discussed on this forum and no one tried to refute them but only to beat on the current coach. Your suggestions , for the most part are structural changes. Maybe with not much cost, but with some social change. This poster hopes you will continue your suggestions because as you see, status quo has a lot of votes. This is a vote issue and will only change when the votes do. But no one is interested in the extra cost.

Beating on a coach is not the answer. Beating on the abilities of the current players is certainly not the answer. Encouraging and conjoling certainly helps and it will be a better season.

excuse me...the only thing i am defending is warren county basketball. a coach can only do so much. no matter how much that coach wants to win..its also up to the players, their abilities, and desire. how do you measure sucess? how many district titles was won between her first stint and second stint? none! how many times did we finish runner up to the district title? so explain how that is a gold mine to success. how many girls from warren county and have been division 1A prospects? none in basketball! thats the facts. so explain the gold mine.... and about excuses...when do the players start taking responsbility? you cant teach freshman how to play the game of basketball. when do the elementary coaches start taking responsiblity? this is not about the high school coach..its about our basketball program in general. why dont yall do something helpful for the program instead of dogging it, hiding behind a screen name and then going up and hugging her neck.

One, As far as coaches go. we don't have an advantage over ANYONE in our district. Two. I believe Jessica Grayson played D-1 basketball, but we certainley have had other p;ayers here that could have played D-1 basketball, JENNIFER wILSON, Leann Pelham , Exc. Three, We don't have to win the district evert year, but I think you have to win games in your district not go winless. FOUR, I Wouldn't put fault on our elementary coaches, after all that's where we got our current coach from. Maybe we should hire one of our elem. coaches, I doubt they would do any worse. And Four, I have never hugged her neck, but really I don't hate coach Eades. I think she's doing the best she knows how to do. And finally, about the gold mine its here, or don't take my word for it, just ask former coach Bobby Haile, now at White County, if he thinks Warren County is a place to win basketball games or not.

One, As far as coaches go. we don't have an advantage over ANYONE in our district. Two. I believe Jessica Grayson played D-1 basketball, but we certainley have had other p;ayers here that could have played D-1 basketball, JENNIFER wILSON, Leann Pelham , Exc. Three, We don't have to win the district evert year, but I think you have to win games in your district not go winless. FOUR, I Wouldn't put fault on our elementary coaches, after all that's where we got our current coach from. Maybe we should hire one of our elem. coaches, I doubt they would do any worse. And Four, I have never hugged her neck, but really I don't hate coach Eades. I think she's doing the best she knows how to do. And finally, about the gold mine its here, or don't take my word for it, just ask former coach Bobby Haile, now at White County, if he thinks Warren County is a place to win basketball games or not.

Thanks for validating all my points. Instead of pointing the finger of blame at just one person, we have to look at the program as a whole. Coach Haile, someone who I have great respect for, or any other coach would not walk away from a gold mine. Comparing basketball 25 years ago to today, is like comparing apples to oranges.