Franklin Rebels

Devil_Blue

From a more objective perspective-

Hats off for Franklin allowing only 7 goals-

Look closer and anytime they played a "ranked" team they were scored on (6 of 7 GA to be exact).

I would say with good probability that going forward, Franklin will be playing "ranked " teams,

and secondly they will be scored on several times.

The team lost only one game . While you're right about allowing those goals, you failed to mention that we shutout Hendersonville, Notre Dame, St. AGNES , Ravenwood, Siegel, all of these teams were rankedand still are.

The key is that Franklin's touch schedule will pay dividends down the road.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look closer and anytime they played a "ranked" team they were scored on (6 of 7 GA to be exact).

I would say with good probability that going forward, Franklin will be playing "ranked " teams,

Ha ha he he ha ha..im looking close and all I see is 18-1-3 in the toughest district in the state and the toughest schedule in the state. Gave up 5 goals all year and 2 by the way meaningless goals after being up4-0 on Centennial. Regular season District champs, District tournament champs, Region Champs, and scoring 32 goals vs. 2 in the process of state tournament so far. Along the way regular season, beating Siegal, St. Agnes, Notre Dame, Brentwood, Centennial, FRA. etc.etc.... But your right, Brentwood (ranked #2 at the time) at least scored a goal in defeat. But if you look really really close, youll see a bus leaving Franklin High School Teusday night on its way to state tournament again. But oh no, we might have to play some more ranked teams. So scary.

Ha ha he he ha ha..im looking close and all I see is 18-1-3 in the toughest district in the state and the toughest schedule in the state. Gave up 5 goals all year and 2 by the way meaningless goals after being up4-0 on Centennial. Regular season District champs, District tournament champs, Region Champs, and scoring 32 goals vs. 2 in the process of state tournament so far. Along the way regular season, beating Siegal, St. Agnes, Notre Dame, Brentwood, Centennial, FRA. etc.etc.... But your right, Brentwood (ranked #2 at the time) at least scored a goal in defeat. But if you look really really close, youll see a bus leaving Franklin High School Teusday night on its way to state tournament again. But oh no, we might have to play some more ranked teams. So scary.

I'll say it again, based on recent performance, I would rank the favorites as follows:

1. Franklin

2. Bearden

2a. Collierville

If the Laban in the message is the assistant coach of Franklin, no doubt he's a significant reason the talent has been pulled together. Should be a battle.

Laban I would not call either of Centennials goals meaningless. They meant you can be scored on and have been by others so I would not put on the state ring just yet. Your girls are a great squad and deserve to be proud but both times you played Centennial you were scored on. No goal is meaningless and those girls who scored them would be the first to tell you how unmeaningless they were. Those "meaningless" goals might be your undoing so be careful. Having seen some of the teams you are going to face be careful because they can capitalize on "meaningless." I wish your girls luck. Come home safe. I am sure they will play hard and enjoy Chattanooga.

I would also wish luck to all the others involved. I know they will be great games. To all of those still at home there is always next year. Ya never know which dog the sun will shine on and maybe it will be another team next season. I wish you all meaningless goals for Christmas! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

If the Laban in the message is the assistant coach of Franklin, no doubt he's a significant reason the talent has been pulled together. Should be a battle.

Assistant coach?? His closing comment sounded more like a kid with the "nah-nah" quality of poor sportsmanship. I've seen Franklin play and they are very good---not just offensively but defensively, too. That should carry them far in Chattanooga---but I hope it's with more class than that post.

Assistant coach?? His closing comment sounded more like a kid with the "nah-nah" quality of poor sportsmanship. I've seen Franklin play and they are very good---not just offensively but defensively, too. That should carry them far in Chattanooga---but I hope it's with more class than that post.

to many posts are filled with anger and mean spirited...there meant to be fun guys...my posts are all in good fun...but people want to find fault no matter what you say...so thats alright...the two goals centennial scored on franklin were in fact meaningless and irrelevant...thats not being mean...it is what it is.....the score was 4-0 at the time with 5 minutes to play and most of our JV team was in....the two goals did make us put the starters back in...other than that...they were irrelevant....that not being mean...it is what it is....two by the way goals against our JV late in a game that was already over...4-0 with 5 minutes to play (im sorry, but its over).....i would say that the first goal centennial scored was a nice goal under any circumstance...the player hammered it from 18 yards....great goal...but irrelevant to the outcome of the game....

"classles post" its easy to take shots at someone when you hide behind initials....who are you? if your a kid...your post is expected...if your an adult...you took a cheap shot and hiding behind initials...cmon be a man...put your name out there and then say what you mean....its a lot harder...

Its not doubt, Franklin will be scored on. It is the State Championships. But I do believe they will let in fewer goals. They have everything they need for a State Championship. Great balanced scoring, great defense, and great goalkeepers. Franklin has always been blessed with superb defense, I love Megan in goal. She is big and strong and works awfully hard at her game.

This is coming from a person not involved with the FHS soccer team, just a soccer fan.

I wish you would quit taking away from your girls victory with your snide comments(they are no means funny or light hearted). Your girls are great. They play well together.

CHS has a great team as well it just wasnt meant to be this year.

Meaningless here again is the wrong word to use because had you been on the other side of that game or the regular season game which CHS scored on FHS as well you would not think they were meaningless. You didnt hear CHS saying your goals or efforts were meaningless last year when they beat you.

It doesnt matter who you say was in because when they list the scores it doesnt say "scored on while jv was in." Just as it does not read that CHS scored on itself to help you get that 4. No goal is meaningless. They all hurt and help equally depending on the side of the field you are on. You could have said that the goals were hard faught but a little late or any number of things but when young players read a coach that they know put down their efforts it hurts. You are an employee of a public school team I would think you would know to act better. I would expect it out of a player but not a coach.

I dont see Jimmy on here saying they were meaningless. Take a cue from your head coach. All the girls not on that bus tomorrow night are still a little sore and rubbing salt in their wounds is uncalled for. I applaud Coach Burchetts efforts in taking another FHS team to state. I also praise the girls on playing so well together. I again wish them luck.

I think Ravenwood will make a good showing as well and I cant wait to see which of district 11 comes home with the ring. Wish it was Centennial but maybe another day.

Laban I would not call either of Centennials goals meaningless. They meant you can be scored on and have been by others so I would not put on the state ring just yet. Your girls are a great squad and deserve to be proud but both times you played Centennial you were scored on. No goal is meaningless and those girls who scored them would be the first to tell you how unmeaningless they were. Those "meaningless" goals might be your undoing so be careful. Having seen some of the teams you are going to face be careful because they can capitalize on "meaningless." I wish your girls luck. Come home safe. I am sure they will play hard and enjoy Chattanooga.

I would also wish luck to all the others involved. I know they will be great games. To all of those still at home there is always next year. Ya never know which dog the sun will shine on and maybe it will be another team next season. I wish you all meaningless goals for Christmas! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

They were meaningless: last few minutes AFTER the took out the starters and the game was well in hand.

I wish you would quit taking away from your girls victory with your snide comments(they are no means funny or light hearted). Your girls are great. They play well together.

CHS has a great team as well it just wasnt meant to be this year.

Meaningless here again is the wrong word to use because had you been on the other side of that game or the regular season game which CHS scored on FHS as well you would not think they were meaningless. You didnt hear CHS saying your goals or efforts were meaningless last year when they beat you.

It doesnt matter who you say was in because when they list the scores it doesnt say "scored on while jv was in." Just as it does not read that CHS scored on itself to help you get that 4. No goal is meaningless. They all hurt and help equally depending on the side of the field you are on. You could have said that the goals were hard faught but a little late or any number of things but when young players read a coach that they know put down their efforts it hurts. You are an employee of a public school team I would think you would know to act better. I would expect it out of a player but not a coach.

I dont see Jimmy on here saying they were meaningless. Take a cue from your head coach. All the girls not on that bus tomorrow night are still a little sore and rubbing salt in their wounds is uncalled for. I applaud Coach Burchetts efforts in taking another FHS team to state. I also praise the girls on playing so well together. I again wish them luck.

I think Ravenwood will make a good showing as well and I cant wait to see which of district 11 comes home with the ring. Wish it was Centennial but maybe another day.

I'm pretty sure that someone suggested laban was the asst coach at FHS, but I'm not sure, so you can't be either. He didn't use the word 'meaningless' to downplay those girls (he actually said the first goal was a nice goal).

I reiteratted his statement with the same thought - not downplaying the players but just that the goals had no outcome on the game. I didn't see anything mean about his post.

Go Rebs!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

to many posts are filled with anger and mean spirited...there meant to be fun guys...my posts are all in good fun...but people want to find fault no matter what you say...so thats alright...the two goals centennial scored on franklin were in fact meaningless and irrelevant...thats not being mean...it is what it is.....the score was 4-0 at the time with 5 minutes to play and most of our JV team was in....the two goals did make us put the starters back in...other than that...they were irrelevant....that not being mean...it is what it is....two by the way goals against our JV late in a game that was already over...4-0 with 5 minutes to play (im sorry, but its over).....i would say that the first goal centennial scored was a nice goal under any circumstance...the player hammered it from 18 yards....great goal...but irrelevant to the outcome of the game....

Laban...Sounds to me your JV needs work.