8-5A games this week (10-26-07)

kwc

Ok folks, these are the games on tap for this week:

Fri., Oct. 26, 2007 ... WS vs. Coll. @ Coll.

Fri., Oct. 19, 2007 ... G-town vs. WHS @ G-town

Fri., Oct. 19, 2007 ... Houston vs. Kirby @ Houston

Fri., Oct. 19, 2007 ... Wooddale. vs. Ham. @ Halle

What are your predictions. Here is my stab at it.

WS ... 42 - 17 (The WS offensive machine just rolls on Collierville)

WHS ... 35-10 (WHS is focused and takes care of G-town like they should, WHS 'D' is upset that they gave up 10)

Houston ... 35 - 14 (Houston wins in a route)

Wooddale. ... 28 - 12 (Wooddale scores enough for a comfortable win)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok folks, these are the games on tap for this week:

Fri., Oct. 26, 2007 ... WS vs. Coll. @ Coll.

Fri., Oct. 19, 2007 ... G-town vs. WHS @ G-town

Fri., Oct. 19, 2007 ... Houston vs. Kirby @ Houston

Fri., Oct. 19, 2007 ... Wooddale. vs. Ham. @ Halle

What are your predictions. Here is my stab at it.

WS ... 42 - 17 (The WS offensive machine just rolls on Collierville)

WHS ... 35-10 (WHS is focused and takes care of G-town like they should, WHS 'D' is upset that they gave up 10)

Houston ... 35 - 14 (Houston wins in a route)

Wooddale. ... 28 - 12 (Wooddale scores enough for a comfortable win)

WS over C'ville 32-14 Ithink this game starts off pretty tight, then WS offense finds its stride and wins going away

WH over G'town 28-14 I'm thinking there will be alot of running plays, time consuming drives. Otherwise WH would score more

Houston over Kirby 32-13 No doubt who wins, question is when does the second team get in. That will have determine how much the point spread is.

Woodale over Hamilton 26-13 Should be an easy one for Woodale

Results:

WSHS 17 - Collerville 7 ( We jumped out early, their defense played great the next 3 quarters. We had a very

gutsy late 4th qurater, 4 down, goal line stand. Hats off to both teams ).

WHS 40 - Germantown 0 ( Congrats Tigers. Winning that big at Germantown is impressive ).

Houston 42 - Kirby 0

Woodale 34 - Hamilton 6

stuman...you got a typo on the WSHS score. we had 14. But you were right on the game being played so close. I expected it to start tight, end with us getting things done offensively. It turned out we jumped up 14-0 after the 1st quarter, then did little the rest of the game offensively. C'ville got their defense turned up and did great! I was also impressed with the way our defense responded to the need to step it up. That defensive stand late in the 4th quarter with C'ville having a 1st and goal was pretty was pretty special!

Whitehaven left no doubts in their game with G'town.....congrats to them on a big win!

For WS, Houston is next, short week to prepare (Thur game) but I'm glad it's a home game for us. I don't even know what to think about it yet, other than it's going to be a tough game to get through!

Thx, corrected the typo.

I think we win next week 21-14. I am not sure why our offense wasn't more productive this week. Maybe a combination of weather, jacked up Colliervile defense , off night ? I don't know. But imo one of the hallmarks of a very good football team is that different players, and/or groups step up when necessary. This week the offense jumped out there quickly, but then stopped producing. Fortunately then our defense stepped it up.

Boy, from here on out they are all going to be hard.

Thx, corrected the typo.

I think we win next week 21-14. I am not sure why our offense wasn't more productive this week. Maybe a combination of weather, jacked up Colliervile defense , off night ? I don't know. But imo one of the hallmarks of a very good football team is that different players, and/or groups step up when necessary. This week the offense jumped out there quickly, but then stopped producing. Fortunately then our defense stepped it up.

Boy, from here on out they are all going to be hard.

We were close to getting 21 on C'ville, but had a foolish penalty that cost us the long run before the half. We made some mistakes like that, and areas where we lacked execution, such as a missed block or dropping a catchable pass. Those thing happen at times. But when you play lesser opponents, you can still win comfortably. In these big games, those little mistakes can cost the team in a big way!

I hope your right on the Houston score. And yes, it's crunch time.....no more easy ones.

Results:

WSHS 14 - Collerville 7 ( We jumped out early, their defense played great the next 3 quarters. We had a very

gutsy late 4th quarter, 4 down, goal line stand. Hats off to both teams ).

WHS 40 - Germantown 0 ( Congrats Tigers. Winning that big at Germantown is impressive ).

Houston 42 - Kirby 0

Woodale 34 - Hamilton 6

stuman89:

That was a close wasn't it? Those gusty 4th quarter goal-line stances are the stuff that legends are made of isn't it? I would have been on pins and needles the whole game. I didn't get to go to the Whitehaven game ... so I was nervous the whole night until I saw the scores posted on the news. I expected a victory ... but that score blew me away!

Now ... it's down to WSH vs Houston this Thursday. You guys must be nervous wrecks! ... LOL. I have mixed feelings about this game actually. I guess I should be rooting for Houston to win so that WHitehaven will be the number one seed and home field advantage in the first two playoff games. Looking at possible match-ups though ... it doesn't help Whitehaven out any. IF .... if WSH wins ... then, more then likely ... WH will have to face Millington in the 2nd round at Millington. IF ... if Houston wins ... more then likely ... WH will host WSH in the second round. So i'm asking myself ... who would I prefer to face in the 2nd round? err .... ummmmmm ... could we play Arlington? LOLOLOL ... What kinda choice is that? WSH or Millington ... you have got to be joking. Well ... if it's any consolation to us Whitehaven fans ... the second round opponent on the other side of the bracket will probably have to face Houston. BUT honestly, I'd rather face Houston in the second round then have to face WHITE STATION or MILLINGTON. Sheeesh! So ... like I said ... under those circumstances, I don't know who to pull for ... so for the sake of having two playoff games at home ... I'll probably be pulling for Houston. Actually ... I'm just excited to be in this position though ... whoever we play!

I agree kwc, it's nice simply to be here. No easy games from now on. And i am nervous about the Houston game. We need to play mistake free football. We need our running game and passing gome to be right on. And we need our defense hitting hard, all night long.

And to think that there are 4 very hard games after that that we all have to win just to get to Nashville !

I agree kwc, it's nice simply to be here. No easy games from now on. And i am nervous about the Houston game. We need to play mistake free football. We need our running game and passing gome to be right on. And we need our defense hitting hard, all night long.

And to think that there are 4 very hard games after that that we all have to win just to get to Nashville !

I'm nervous about the rest of the season! But consider the alternative.....there's teams that are out of the running for playoffs, or don't really have any expectations of going beyond a round or two. I think we're in great shape because we do control our destiny (for now anyway). And we know, along with a select few other teams, that we can compete with the best in our area. Nervous? You betcha, but it's the good kind!

I'm nervous about the rest of the season! But consider the alternative.....there's teams that are out of the running for playoffs, or don't really have any expectations of going beyond a round or two. I think we're in great shape because we do control our destiny (for now anyway). And we know, along with a select few other teams, that we can compete with the best in our area. Nervous? You betcha, but it's the good kind!

Man ... I totally agree. This time last year, Whitehaven was hoping and a praying that we could get in ... and didn't. So, trust me, I'm very appreciative.

On a different note ... I would really like for Memphis teams to be included in the conversation by folks other then Memphis area fans when talking about the state tittle game. Be it 4A, 5A or whatever A. The reason we are not included by folks from other regions is because we haven't made it to the tittle game enough. One of the region 7 or 8 teams in 5A deffinately need to progress to the tittle game this year. There simply isn't any other choice. When what's his name has 3 of the 5 top five teams included in his top 5 ... we need to follow through with a state tittle victory. White Station, Whitehaven, or Millington. One of use needs to bring home the gold ball. I think the whole Memphis area benefits.