8-5A games this week (10-26-07)

kwc

Man ... I totally agree. This time last year, Whitehaven was hoping and a praying that we could get in ... and didn't. So, trust me, I'm very appreciative.

On a different note ... I would really like for Memphis teams to be included in the conversation by folks other then Memphis area fans when talking about the state tittle game. Be it 4A, 5A or whatever A. The reason we are not included by folks from other regions is because we haven't made it to the tittle game enough. One of the region 7 or 8 teams in 5A deffinately need to progress to the tittle game this year. There simply isn't any other choice. When what's his name has 3 of the 5 top five teams included in his top 5 ... we need to follow through with a state tittle victory. White Station, Whitehaven, or Millington. One of use needs to bring home the gold ball. I think the whole Memphis area benefits.

I agree totally! So I suggest we all jump on the Spartans bandwagon and pull hard for them! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Seriously though, Germantown and Houston have a bit of 5A recognition. The rest of us haven't been close enough, often enough to get much thought. Although, since WS did make semis last year, there's some current knowledge of us. I've seen some people put us down in the title game in the 4A and 5A championship topic. We know we have some good footall going on here, but to get the people further east conscious of us, and to take us seriously, someone is going to have to start getting to game 15 and at least being competitive once they get there. This year is as good as any to get started on that, eh. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree totally! So I suggest we all jump on the Spartans bandwagon and pull hard for them! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Seriously though, Germantown and Houston have a bit of 5A recognition. The rest of us haven't been close enough, often enough to get much thought. Although, since WS did make semis last year, there's some current knowledge of us. I've seen some people put us down in the title game in the 4A and 5A championship topic. We know we have some good footall going on here, but to get the people further east conscious of us, and to take us seriously, someone is going to have to start getting to game 15 and at least being competitive once they get there. This year is as good as any to get started on that, eh. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree ... I think WH is finally playing to it's potential. This year everything seems to be in place for a team from the Memphis area to make it to the championship game. I can't remember when the AP poll had 4 teams from this area in the top 10 in 5A. Nor can I remember Murphy Fair having three 5A teams in his top 5.

On another note ... the Fridays edition of the paper ususally has the high school stats. They have given offensive stats all year and no defensive stats. This past Friday, they posted the top five offenses (Scoring) and the top five defenses (Yards allowed). White Station was either the first or second team listed in total offense in the city. On defense ... Millington was listed 1st, Melrose 2nd ... and Whitehaven was 5th.