Jeff Co. vs. Bearden

HEATHHELTON

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you kidding me, they are not going to set anybody out, this isn;t the freaking NFL

Motivation will be a huge factor in this game, I believe Bearden has already wrapped up with #1 seed so I wonder not only what their motivation will be, but how much if any they`ll play their starters. JC still has the #3 seed to play for, but we`ve already clinched the playoffs so we're choosing between going to William Blount or going to Farragut. Its not so much that I think Bearden doesn`t want to be 9-1, but I think they`d gladly take 8-2 with a healthy team and the #1 seed, whereas I think JC wants to be 7-3 very badly no matter what the playoff position is. I know you try to win every game, but if I was Bearden's coach it would be very hard for me to risk my starters in a game that in the grand scheme of things doesn`t mean very much to my team in the long run. I don`t know Bearden's coaches mentality so its just something we`ll have to watch for.

Motivation will be a huge factor in this game, I believe Bearden has already wrapped up with #1 seed so I wonder not only what their motivation will be, but how much if any they`ll play their starters. JC still has the #3 seed to play for, but we`ve already clinched the playoffs so we're choosing between going to William Blount or going to Farragut. Its not so much that I think Bearden doesn`t want to be 9-1, but I think they`d gladly take 8-2 with a healthy team and the #1 seed, whereas I think JC wants to be 7-3 very badly no matter what the playoff position is. I know you try to win every game, but if I was Bearden's coach it would be very hard for me to risk my starters in a game that in the grand scheme of things doesn`t mean very much to my team in the long run. I don`t know Bearden's coaches mentality so its just something we`ll have to watch for.

The Bearden coach states the motivation in the Knox News Sentinel as wanting a "clean sweep of the Region".

i don't believe there will be any let up on Friday from either team. Bearden probably does want to "sweep the region." and JC wants to stay hot and keep the winning streak heading into the playoffs. I remember talking to other fans and a few JC coaches after the Karns win and all wanted the same thing-- continued improvement. We have accomplished that and are now in the playoffs-- preseason goal accomplished.

That being said, i believe this game means more to us than it does to Bearden b/c we are a team that is going to need the momentum heading into playoffs a little more. however, it is pretty clear that bearden has the better team. i don't expect a JC win. rather, i see this as a great measuring stick game for us. JC needs a close game, win or lose, to show we can play with the upper echelon. we are going to have a tough opening round matchup and need all the confidence we can get.

go pats. play hard (all 4 quarters!!)

I`ll be interested to see what JC's gameplan will be with 2 weeks to prepare, also be looking for what plays we may be trying to set up for the next week.

great point. i would hope that we would work on a few things in a game time environment. this is not a must win, we should test out a couple of things and work on scenerios if given the opportunity. don't get me wrong, we need to play to win, but next week is when it counts.

however, i wouldn't recommend opening up the playbook all the way. WB and Farragut will get this game film and we don't want to show all of our tricks that may be needed in round 1. the coaches are smart, they know this. hopefully, JC hasn't spent 2 weeks preparing for only Bearden. I know we don't know who we have in round 1, but 2 weeks on a game that doesn't mean all that much would be unwise in my book.

On another note, do we (coaches, players, fans) have a preference of who we play week 1? (I know the coaches and players will say publically that they don't care who they suit up against) Just searching for opinions and any insider info that may be out there.

however, i wouldn't recommend opening up the playbook all the way. WB and Farragut will get this game film and we don't want to show all of our tricks that may be needed in round 1. the coaches are smart, they know this. hopefully, JC hasn't spent 2 weeks preparing for only Bearden. I know we don't know who we have in round 1, but 2 weeks on a game that doesn't mean all that much would be unwise in my book.

Tricks? Since when did we have tricks up our sleeve lol. Anyway I see two ways of going about this

1. We show very little, run the same things that we have been and keep the opposing team in the dark(although if you don`t have something up your sleeve for later than its a moot point)

OR

2. Throw the kitchen sink at Bearden, show more things than the opposition could possibly prepare for as well as showing things that the other team might never see yet will spend time preparing for. Or like I said earlier, set some plays up for later down the road.

Let the mind games begin /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

P.S don`t really have a preference for who we play, neither Farragut or WB are great matchups for JC and really good teams. Although if we get WB the storylines will be endless, and it could be a crazy week leading up to the game here on the "T".

Tricks? Since when did we have tricks up our sleeve lol. Anyway I see two ways of going about this

1. We show very little, run the same things that we have been and keep the opposing team in the dark(although if you don`t have something up your sleeve for later than its a moot point)

you're right, its been a few years since we have thrown in a crazy play or two. we will need something like that against our playoff opponent though. i don't like our chances of lining up and going toe to toe with WB or farragut come round 1.

playing WB would be interesting and the talk would be abundant. but it might center more on "fair weather meadows" vice the kids.

you're right, its been a few years since we have thrown in a crazy play or two. we will need something like that against our playoff opponent though. i don't like our chances of lining up and going toe to toe with WB or farragut come round 1.

playing WB would be interesting and the talk would be abundant. but it might center more on "fair weather meadows" vice the kids.

Wow, I totally forgot about the Meadows connection to William Blount. I'd love to see that match up in round 1, Jefferson Co. @ William Blount. Let's go 'Ridgers!