2A classification in 2008

ddaddy

Let me start by saying that I'm not writing this to make anyone mad. I love 2A football and looking at some prejection that I have, I make the following predictions about teams that I feel will move into 2A next year. Starting with Cascade and Forest, both schools are well over 400 in enrollment and should move up. Next Trousdale expects to move up and that will likely happen. 3 teams on the bubble that stands a better than average chance of moving up is Friendship, Community and White House Heritage. A few teams that are too close for compfort and could go either way is Mt. Pleasant, Middleton, Huntington and Trinity. Union City, Wayne Co. and Mckenzie are close, but should remain in 2A.

Some teams leaving 2A for the 3A ranks are Stewart, Fairview, Cannon, West Green and York. Smith has a better than average chance and USJ will have 3A #'s after the 1.8, but will stay 2A because the rules won't let them jump a class. Chuckey-Doak, B.T. Washington, Cheatham and Waverly could go either way.

A lot of factors can come into play to move schools up or down, like; new schools coming in or rezoning.

All this is not in concrete, just food for thought.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start by saying that I'm not writing this to make anyone mad. I love 2A football and looking at some prejection that I have, I make the following predictions about teams that I feel will move into 2A next year. Starting with Cascade and Forest, both schools are well over 400 in enrollment and should move up. Next Trousdale expects to move up and that will likely happen. 3 teams on the bubble that stands a better than average chance of moving up is Friendship, Community and White House Heritage. A few teams that are too close for compfort and could go either way is Mt. Pleasant, Middleton, Huntington and Trinity. Union City, Wayne Co. and Mckenzie are close, but should remain in 2A.

Some teams leaving 2A for the 3A ranks are Stewart, Fairview, Cannon, West Green and York. Smith has a better than average chance and USJ will have 3A #'s after the 1.8, but will stay 2A because the rules won't let them jump a class. Chuckey-Doak, B.T. Washington, Cheatham and Waverly could go either way.

A lot of factors can come into play to move schools up or down, like; new schools coming in or rezoning.

Trousdale and Oneida could move up (414). Hampton (473) and Cosby(430) will likely move up. If I were a betting man the bottom number in 2A will be in the 410-425 range. Will be interesting and we should know January or February.

ddaddy....McKenzie and Union City are 1A schools right now ....and USJ is a 2A school right now so if their numbers bump them up they can and will play 3A . Trinty will stay 1A and Huntingdon will more than likely go to 1A from 2A. I bet Trousdale moves up to 3A voluntarily instead of 2A just like before.

Can you explain the 1.8 rule for private schools?